How to Contact the Egyptian Consulate in New York
From contact information to fees, visas, and COVID-19 protocol - we’ve made a list of everything there is to know about the Egyptian Consulate in New York and how you can get in touch with them quickly and efficiently.
The Egyptian Consulate in New York City works within a certain jurisdiction, this means that it is only designated to help residents of specific states. If you live in any of the following places, they will be able to assist you with any consular procedures:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- New York
If you don’t live in any of these states, you can click here to find out which Egyptian Consulate serves your state.
Where is the Egyptian Consulate in New York and How Can I Get There?
The exact address of the Consulate of Egypt in New York City is the following:
866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 586
New York, NY 10017
The Egyptian Consulate is right by the city’s East River and is located near the United Nations Headquarters. You can get from one to the other just by walking for a few blocks, follow these instructions to get there:
- Start at the United Nations Plaza Street (located right in front of the U.N building itself)
- Walk in the direction of 1st Avenue, you should pass the Korean Embassy and the Japanese Cultural Center on your way.
- Once you reach E 48th Street, turn right.
- Enter the Egyptian Consulate in New York City.
How to Contact the Egyptian Consulate, New York?
|Address||866 United Nations Plaza, Suite 586
New York, NY 10017
|Office Hours||Monday - Thursday
9 am - 2 pm
What Can the Egyptian Consulate in New York Help Me With?
The Consulate of Egypt in New York can assist you with any of the following services:
- Listing children for exams abroad in Egypt
- Issuing passports
- Conducting civil affairs
- Certifying commercial transactions
- Military service
- Immigration services
- Offering powers of attorney
- Providing national identity documents
- Issuing visas for work, travel. students and more.
- Providing certificates for marriage, death, and births.
- Translation of documents
Please note that due to the current COVID-19 situation the Consulate of Egypt in New York City is only operating by appointment and you must schedule a visit for any consular procedure you wish to perform. You can click here to make an appointment.
How much do I Have to Pay for Consular Services?
Although some of the consular services are free for Egyptian nationals, most of the procedures offered by the consulate entail a fee. The table below outlines the processing fees for consular services at the Egyptian Consulate, New York.
|Consular Service||Processing Fee|
|Translation and certification of documents||$45|
|Reporting deaths to be registered in Egypt (after a year or longer)||$40|
|Certificates of death (within 3 months or less)||$15|
|Obtaining a Visa||$45|
|Certificates for pension holders||FREE|
How to Contact the Egyptian Consulate in New York with DoNotPay?
With COVID-19 restrictions in place, getting an appointment with the Egyptian Consulate in New York City can be more difficult than ever. Finding the answers to your questions can be stressful, time-consuming, and confusing. Let DoNotPay handle the stress for you! The robot lawyer can send an automated email to the consulate/embassy of your choice, addressing all your concerns. Here’s how it works:
1. Type in "Contact Embassy" on DoNotPay.
2. Select "Foreign Embassy in the US".
3. Briefly explain the issue you wish to resolve and any relevant details.
4. Enter “Egypt’’.
That's it, you're done! You can expect to receive a direct response from the Consulate General of Egypt in New York.
Other Consulates/Embassies DoNotPay Helps You Contact
- Philippine Consulate, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco
- Chinese Consulate, Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago
- Nigerian Consulate, Atlanta
- Indian Consulate, Houston, New York, and Chicago
- Brazilian Consulate, Miami
- Russian Embassy, Washington, D.C.