Can You Negotiate With EE Debt Collection? Yes, Here's How
Facing debt is a scary situation. No one wants to face the stress and uncertainty of being unable to pay bills. If you are facing , you probably feel overwhelmed.
Companies like EE use debt collection companies like Moorcroft, Advantis, and Lowell to recover debts. Sometimes bailiffs via Marston are even involved, which can be frightening. On top of losing mobile service, dealing with collection companies is confusing and a hassle.
If you are facing debt and collection companies, you might not know where to begin to resolve the problem. Handling debt management is complex, and you need to know what steps to take. Some companies, such as Amigo Loans and Provident Loans, may even owe you a refund!
Luckily, DoNotPay is here to help you discover the best path to resolving your debt!
What Happens if I Don’t Pay My EE Debt?
There are many reasons you might fall behind on payments ranging from change in occupation to emergency. Unfortunately, you are still obligated to pay EE for the agreed-upon amount when signing the contract.
If you find that you have a legitimate EE debt, there are some steps you can take to resolve it.
- If your debt is still in the hands of EE, the best course of action is to talk to the company directly to resolve the debt.
- If EE has not been able to recover your debt themselves, they will turn the debt over to a debt collection company, typically Moorcroft.
- Contact Moorcroft, or the proper collection agent, as soon as possible.
- Ask for proof the debt is yours.
- Gather all documents and correspondence with the debt collection company.
- If you can't pay, arrange for a payment plan or hire a legal counsel.
Although it is always best to pay a debt if you can, some situations warrant further action.
|Harassment||If you are being harassed by a collection company, you can formally complain to a company, seek resolution through legal counsel, or contact the ombudsman.
Examples of collection company harassment include:
|Statute of Limitations||Before paying for a debt, identify the age of the account. In the United Kingdom, under the Limitation Act 1980, debt is barred from court action after six years. However, it is essential to note that certain types of debt are still subject to other actions.|
Resolve Your Debt With DoNotPay
When you are faced with alleged debt, you are likely scared and overwhelmed. The proper procedures to verify and resolve debt are confusing and time-consuming.
Luckily, if you have EE debt, DoNotPay is here to help in a few easy steps:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to a professional trade association.
That is all you have to do. Next, sit back and relax, knowing DoNotPay will help you resolve your EE debt in the best way possible.
Why Use DoNotPay for EE Debt?
Although you can navigate on your own, DoNotPay gives you three good reasons not to:
- Fast: Navigating who to contact for your EE debt is confusing. Wait times are long, and finding the right person can take a lot of time. DoNotPay will make sure you discover the best path to resolution as quickly as possible.
- Easy: It isn't always easy to deal with debt collections independently. You might not know your rights and options. DoNotPay ensures you will get all the information you need to make an informed decision on how to resolve your case.
- Successful: DoNotPay is the best way to guarantee you take the best course of action. We research your case and present you with the information you need to make an informed plan of action.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay's ability to take the stress out of your life doesn't end with debt management. We are here to make your life easier by saving you time, money, and worry across a myriad of everyday issues.
Here are just a few of the ways DoNotPay can help you:
- Try Free Trials Without Worry of Unwanted Credit Card Charges
- Find and Discover Forgotten and Missing Money
- Increase Credit Limits on Your Credit Cards
- Pay Your Bills Online and Avoid Annoying Fees
To discover more about these services, as well as many more, join DoNotPay today!