How to Connect with an Inmate at East Mississippi Correctional Facility
If you’re in the unfortunate situation of having a friend or family member incarcerated at the East Mississippi Correctional Facility (EMCF), you may feel overwhelmed by the hoops you need to go through to get in contact with them. The good news is EMCF is usually open daily for visitation, and you can send mail to your loved one. If you're hoping to reach a friend or family member at ECMF but don't know where to start, DoNotPay can help!
This article explains how to connect with an inmate at East Mississippi Correctional Facility using DoNotPay.
We'll also discuss everything you need to know about contacting an EMCF inmate by yourself, including these four points:
- EMCF visiting hours and location
- How to dress and what to expect when you visit EMCF
- Writing letters to prisoners at EMCF
- And a few other ways DoNotPay can help
But enough about us, let's get you connected with your inmate.
East Mississippi Correctional Facility 101
East Mississippi Correctional Facility is a privately run facility under contract with the Mississippi Department of Correction. This men's prison has a minimum, medium, close, and maximum custody levels. It is located near Meridian in unincorporated Lauderdale County, Mississippi, about 90 miles east of Jackson. The Warden is Donald Jackson. The contact information for the institution is as follows:
|Physical address||East Mississippi Correctional Facility
10641 U.S. Highway 80 West
Meridian, MS 39307
How to Use DoNotPay to Connect with an Inmate at East Mississippi Correctional Facility
If you're trying to reach an inmate at EMCF, DoNotPay should be your first resource.
Just follow these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - wait ten days for it to arrive to your loved one!
See how easy that was? You don't need to worry about your mail getting lost or wonder about what can or cannot go in the mail. Let DoNotPay handle it for you.
You can also reach an inmate at EMCF by yourself. Let's explore that idea.
How to Connect with an Inmate at East Mississippi Correctional Facility by Yourself
Here, we discuss everything you need to know about visiting an EMCF inmate.
What Are Visiting Hours at EMCF?
Visiting days are always on Saturday and Sundays, from 8 am to 4 pm. You'll need to contact EMCF and ask about your specific inmate because visiting hours vary by unit. Call them at (601) 485-5255.
Visiting an Inmate in Person
The Mississippi Department of Corrections sets forth inmate visitation guidelines. For your safety and that of the inmates, there are specific rules you must follow regarding dress code, behavior, and what you are allowed to bring into the facility.
How to Dress
- Dress casually and comfortably.
- You must wear a shirt, shoes/sneakers, and shorts must reach the knee.
- Bare midriffs/bellies are forbidden.
- Headwear — hats, bandanas, earphones, and the like — is prohibited.
- Wear appropriate underwear.
- Staff will search you, and you will go through a metal detector device. This is for everyone's safety!
You must also bring a valid photo ID. While it's possible to visit an inmate without ID, individuals who have complete ID will be permitted first, so it saves a lot of precious time, and that's more time you could be spending with your loved one.
Can You Hug an Inmate at East Mississippi Correctional Facility?
Yes! A quick kiss and a hug are fine. You can also hold hands and walk with your arm around the shoulders of your loved one. But you cannot behave provocatively or sexually.
Now that we've covered visitation, let's think about writing to an inmate at EMCF.
Writing a Letter to an Inmate at East Mississippi Correctional Facility
If you're writing a letter to an inmate at EMCF, be sure to address it correctly. The address must also include your inmate's MDOC number. Be sure to include your complete name and return address, too.
Inmate Name, ID Number
East Mississippi Correctional Facility
10641 Highway 80 East
Meridian, MS 39307
Mail Will be Inspected
The Mississippi Department of Corrections has specific regulations regarding what can and cannot be mailed to an inmate.
Do not send:
- Polaroid photos
- Nude / sexually explicit photos
- Glass, metal or wood items
- Money orders or receipts for them
- Hardcover books (paperback books are okay)
- Hygiene items like razors or even toothbrushes
Do not send cash! You can set up an account to deposit commissary funds. Or, use Western Union if they know the inmate's full name and birth date.
Remember, an officer will go through the mail and probably read the letter. While it's important that your inmate has family relationships outside, don't write anything that will incriminate, embarrass or upset them if you can help it. Keep your communication light, warm and friendly. Don't be sexually explicit.
And remember, DoNotPay can help you connect with an inmate at EMCF. But that's not all you can do with the app!
What Else Can DoNotPay do for You?
DoNotPay is the world's first robot lawyer! It can help you handle all kinds of legal legwork.
Use it to:
- Apply for clinical trials and studies
- Protect your creative work from copyright infringement
- Get revenge on robocalls
- Sue people and companies in small claims court
- Schedule a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Gett refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contest parking tickets
- Deal with bills you are unable to pay
- Protect yourself from stalking and harassment
- Get refunds from other companies
- Sign up for free trials risk-free
- Free yourself from spam mail forever
- And contest parking tickets
Any time you wish you had an attorney on your side, make DoNotPay your first stop. It's like having a lawyer in the family. Try it today!