Durham Power Outage
If you are living in Durham, North Carolina, then you get your power from Duke Energy. Periodically, there are that happen, whether that be from catastrophic events, an accident that has taken out a local transformer, or if there is service being done on the grid where you are getting your power. Either way, your property could suffer from significant power loss at no fault of your own.
When you have experienced consecutive power loss for extremely long periods of time, or find that it is going out frequently throughout the year, you may be entitled to reimbursement or a credit on your utilities. Trying to make that claim on your own is a long process with Duke Energy, but with DoNotPay, they simplify this request.
Check For a Durham Power Outage
If you need to check for a with Duke Energy, you can see that report from the following options:
- Calling Duke Energy customer service. You will be routed to an automatic system where you will be given a list of the outages in your area.
- Visit the outage map online. This is updated periodically throughout the day to include areas that are without power and remove them from the list once power is restored.
Report on A Power Outage in Durham
Below are the steps to report a power outage at your property:
- Call customer service at (800) 769-3766 and have your account number ready.
- You can make the report online through your account so that they know exactly where the outage is located.
Please note that once you have made a request, Duke Energy will log it and when you call again, they will say that there is an outage already reported. They will provide an estimated time frame for the power to be restored.
How to Get Your Power Restored in Durham
If you have already made a request for your power outage, you can call the customer service department and choose the option to speak to a representative. If you have medication and other essential items that will spoil or be damaged from the power outage, make Duke Energy aware as soon as you can. You may be able to make a claim following the outage if you lose your items.
How to Get Compensation For a Durham Power Outage
Before you can get compensated for your property that was damaged, you will need to make a claim. If you want to make this claim on your own, be prepared to go through the steps below outlined on Duke Energy's website:
- Know upfront what Duke Energy will not cover. If the damage was done by an act of nature and not the negligence of Duke Energy, they will not pay out the claim.
- Select the 'File a Claim' link and continue either as a guest or by signing into your account.
- List any property damage and items that were damaged in the claim.
- Outline all of the weather conditions that apply to the time when your power was out. If you were not in the area, you can select 'I don't know' as an option.
- You have the option to choose what caused the damage and choose from a list of events that you believe contributed to the outage.
- Select what was damaged or lost due to the outage. This can include appliances, business loss, trees, landscaping, and customer-paid expenses among other options.
- You will then need to upload any evidence that pertains to the loss. You can include photos, damage estimates, and anything else that you need.
- Make a statement on the incident and then leave behind your contact information.
- Once your claim is submitted, it will be reviewed by the claims department and determine if Duke Energy is liable for any damages.
There are so many steps to take when filing this claim, and you need to make sure you provide all of your information at once. If you make a claim and you do not provide everything or leave out any details, you could have your claim denied.
Next Steps For Compensation If You Can't Do It Yourself
If you have tried to use the website and make a claim, you may have found yourself facing more obstacles than you thought. Maybe it was denied because, in the frustration of things, you forgot to include some receipts and photos. This is when you should allow an industry expert like DoNotPay to take over this task for you and oversee the process.
Let DoNotPay Help You Get Your Durham Power Outage Compensation
Follow the steps below using DoNotPay to Help You Get Your Durham power outage compensation.
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also, add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why Use DoNotPay?
There are so many reasons to use DoNotPay, but the most important are:
|Easy||DoNotPay makes this claim process so easy to use.|
|Convenient||You can make this claim from the comfort of your home, work, or anywhere you are with a smartphone and internet access.|
|Efficient||Because DoNotPay knows the process, they know what you need, so they will not submit an incomplete claim, improving your chances of it being accepted.|
DoNotPay Can Help You Get Compensation For Any Service or Utility You Have in Durham
If you have lost other utilities in Durham like your internet or gas services, DoNotPay can assist you with getting compensation for these services, as well.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do For You?
DoNotPay can help you with a variety of different services. Below are other tasks they can take off of your hands:
- Make an insurance claim with DoNotPay
- Have issues with your neighbor? Make a complaint to the appropriate authorities.
- If you recently got a parking ticket, appeal it with DoNotPay