Get a Copy of Your Douglas County Marriage Certificate Effortlessly
You may be scrambling around, trying to find a copy of your , but it has been lost, destroyed, or perhaps you never received it. You may be dreading dealing with forms, phone calls, long lines, and the frustration of working with a government agency to get the needed form.
That's why DoNotPay created our Marriage Certificate product. DoNotPay can help simplify the process and make it quick to request your marriage certificate in just seven easy steps.
What is the Difference Between a Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License?
When you decide to get married, you go to the . You fill out the form, show your valid ID, and pay your $58 (or $18 with proof of premarital counseling). You have your wedding ceremony and an officiant signs the license and returns it to the Douglas County courthouse. Once the license is filed, it then becomes a marriage certificate, a certified copy of the marriage license.
Why You Might Need a Marriage Certificate
Marriage certificates are required by many companies or agencies that need verifiable proof before they can offer a service or product to you as a married person. Some examples might be:
- Insurance companies, for medical coverage, death benefits, or other reasons that they would need to support a claim or change in policy.
- Financial institutions such as banks or mortgage companies. This is especially important if you are changing a current account to include a new person. The marriage certificate supports the name change.
- Social security or other government agencies may ask for certified copies to support a name change for benefits or account numbers.
- When moving out of state, a person who applies for a driver's license, may need in addition to a certified birth certificate, a marriage certificate to support the name change on a new license.
- Filing taxes under a new name could require a marriage certificate.
How to Get a Douglas County Marriage Certificate on Your Own
The information for an in-person visit is shown below.
Douglas County Contact Details and Other Information
|Address||Douglas County Courthouse
1313 Belknap Street
Superior, Wisconsin 54880
|Contact Details||(715) 395-1341|
|George Glonek||1313 Belknap Street, Room 307||(715) 395-1207|
|Kelly Thimm||1313 Belknap Street, Room 303||(715) 395-1471|
Ordering a Douglas County Marriage Certificate by Mail
If you decide you want to get your by mail, you can mail your request to:
Probate Court of Douglas County
8700 Hospital Drive
Douglas County Courthouse (3rd Floor)
Douglasville, GA 30134
- Be sure to include all pertinent information such as date recorded, names of spouses, location, and any other additional information needed.
- If you have questions about what to include, call the Douglas County Probate Court at 770-920-7249.
How Much Do Douglas County Marriage Certificates Cost?
Douglas County marriage certificate costs are explained below, but they could change.
- Submit along with your request $20 in cash or money order for certification with $5 for additional copies, if needed.
- Be sure that the certificate is requested from the county of issuance and not the county of the ceremony.
- Include an additional $1 for the mailing fee.
The hours for the Probate court are: Monday through Friday 8 am to 5 pm.
DoNotPay Can Help You Get a Douglas County Marriage Certificate
If you don't know how to get started, have problems contacting the court during normal business hours, or don't have the time to spend on the phone, running to the post office, or wading through forms, DoNotPay can help. We make it easy and quick to request your Douglas County Marriage Certificate in just seven easy steps.
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
See how easy that is? Now you can tackle some other tasks with the app.
What Can DoNotPay Do?
Aside from helping you with your marriage certificates, DoNotPay can also help you with other services like:
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Child travel consent
- How to cancel subscriptions
- Create passport photos
- File a complaint
That's all there is to it. Just sit back and wait for your certified copy to arrive. Need help with other problems? DoNotPay can help with most of the problems you face every day-those costing you time, money, and stress. Let DoNotPay help you today!