How to Connect With a Dixon Correctional Institute Inmate
In 1976, , also known as DCI prison, was a newly opened state correctional institution in Jackson, Louisiana. The institute houses minimum, medium, and maximum-security male inmates and can hold more than 1500 offenders.
The institute collaborates with local colleges to offer inmates both academic and local training, with offenders being allowed to earn primary adult education and acquire skills and competencies in welding, carpentry, and welding. There is also mental treatment for sex offenders and substance abuse programs usually offered in groups.
Dixon Correctional Institute Contact Information
Should you be unable to access in person, you can contact them using the details below.
|Physical Address||Dixon Correctional Institute
5568 Highway 68
Jackson, LA 70748
|Website||Dixon Correctional Institute|
|Mailing Address||Post Office Box 788, Jackson, LA 70748|
|Warden||Edward "Dusty" Bickham|
How to Contact Inmates at Dixon Correctional Institute
Here are the number of ways to contact inmates at the institute:
Due to space constraints, DCI prison only allows each inmate a maximum of four visitors per duration, including children, although those below six years do not count as part of the four. The policies restrict visits to 2-hour durations, and each approved visitor is limited to two visits a month.
The visiting hours are 8:00 am to 4:00 pm on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. However, visiting is only allowed on the first four weekends each month, except when afforded "special privileges" under the PRIDE program. The institution also has a dress code to which you must adhere to be allowed access to a friend or loved one.
Offenders at DCI prison can make outgoing collect calls and prepaid calls through Securus, a third-party provider. The inmate can also have up to twenty phone numbers on their list, which they can update every three months. You cannot receive an inmate's collect calls on your cell phone unless you set up an account through Securus.
You can set up an account by calling 1-800-844-6591 or accessing their website. A fee for each call plus a rate per minute is applicable for all phone calls.
You can also send and receive letters from an inmate in DCI prison via mail. You should, however, not send electronic or musical cards while you can only send photos that are at most "4x6" in size. The images should not contain nudity or contain hand gestures or tattoos. You can send all correspondence to the inmates through:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Dixon Correctional Institute
Post Office Box 788
Jackson, LA 70748
How to Send Money to Dixon Correctional Institute Inmates
You can send money to an inmate in the correctional facility by any of the following means:
Sending Money by Phone
You can send money to a friend or loved one's account by calling JPAY at 1-800-574-5729 or fund the transfer through your Mastercard or Visa debit/credit card. However, the transfer service limits deposits to a maximum of $300, reflected in the inmate's account within two days. A $4.50 -$11.50 is charged depending on the amount.
Sending via Internet
You can send money by internet through the JPAY website, which allows you to deposit a maximum of $300. You could also use MasterCard or Visa debit/credit card to fund the transaction. The money will be transferred to the inmate's account within 48 hours.
You can physically visit a MoneyGram location and use receive code 8714 to deposit money in an inmate's account using cash or a debit card. You can also deposit money using the kiosks in the institution's visiting area. The funds will be available for use within 24 hours.
Sending Money by Mail
Mail is the cheapest way of depositing funds into an inmate's account but also takes the longest time before the money is credited into the inmate's account. To send cash by mail, you have to:
- Buy a US postal money order from the post office
- Fill out the money order and make it payable to JPAY
- Fill out the inmate funds deposit slip, print it, and include it in the envelope together with the money order.
- Send it to
PO Box 531370
Miami Shores, FL 33153
How to Send Packages to Dixon Correctional Institute Inmates
You cannot directly send packages or publications to an inmate as they can only come from an approved vendor such as Amazon. You can therefore use the services of such parties to order packages on behalf of an inmate. DCI prison only allows new books, magazines, or newspapers. However, they must be devoid of nudity, maps, information on weapon manufacture, or literature that incites hate or could potentially compromise the institution's security.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting a Loved One at Dixon Correctional Institute
Strict dress codes during visitations and expensive call rates are just some of the challenges you might encounter when contacting a loved one serving time in DCI prison. And these only apply if you know where your friend is doing time in the first place. It is not your fault that you feel overwhelmed by these difficulties. The good news is there is a way to overcome them and reconnect with a friend or loved one on the other side.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
Sending Letters to Inmates
Follow the steps below, and we will do the rest.
- Open the DoNotPay prison product.
- We'll walk you through the required steps like adding the inmate's name, ID, and facility.
- Write your message through our app/website or upload your attachments.
- Upload any photos or images you want to attach to the letter.
- Choose from one of our customized letter templates.
- DoNotPay will instantly print and send the letter upon completion, so it's guaranteed to be received as soon as possible.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive for your loved one.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Getting you in touch with your family, friend, or loved one is just one of our many superpowers. We could also do the heavy lifting when it comes to:
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
Try our wide range of product offerings today. You will likely find something suitable.