DoNotPay Breaks Down Divorce Mediation in PA
Getting a divorce is not only difficult, but it’s also pretty costly. If you’re not on friendly terms with your soon-to-be ex-spouse, the process can turn into a living hell. Mediation can help you reach a middle ground with your partner and even end your marriage on an amicable note.
Don’t know much about divorce mediation in PA? Don’t worry—DoNotPay has your back! We’ll tell you all about the process and generate a tailor-made marital settlement agreement for you in no time.
Divorce mediation in PA is a process of negotiating and coming to an agreement on crucial divorce aspects with the help of a trained professional. Mediation should lead to a quick divorce and an out-of-court settlement. The issues you are supposed to resolve are:
A mediator in Pennsylvania can be a:
- Marriage counselor
- Social worker
- Family lawyer
Regardless of the education, a mediator must get formal training from a recognized institute or program—for example, the Academy of Family Mediators. They have to be an expert on family budgeting and divorce laws as they should help you understand and complete the divorce procedures.
Before opting for divorce mediation, you should know what to expect from it. A mediator’s job is to:
- Lay out all options you have according to the local laws
- Help you resolve all disputes in a safe environment
- Explain the court procedures and any divorce laws you find confusing
- Answer any questions you have regarding the mediation
- Assist you with filing divorce papers (in case they’re a qualified attorney)
- Help you create a marital settlement agreement—a crucial document if you’re getting an uncontested divorce
A divorce settlement agreement is a document of utmost importance as it outlines the terms of your divorce and post-marital relationship. The judge will have to review it to confirm everything is in order and that the document is fair to both parties, which is why it needs to be drafted with care. To get one, you can either:
- Pay a lawyer to draw the agreement up for you and spend a fortune
- Try writing one yourself and risk making a mistake
- Use DoNotPay and get a perfect document in a few clicks
If you don’t want to spend big bucks on expensive lawyers or waste time writing an agreement yourself, subscribe to DoNotPay! We can help you get this key document in no time, with minimal effort required. Here’s how it works:
- Select our Divorce Settlement Agreement tool
- Answer our chatbot’s questions regarding your:
- Children (if any)
- Choose whether you want to have your document notarized
Once we process your request, we will send a personalized divorce settlement agreement your way. Want to have it notarized effortlessly? Follow the link we send you via email and schedule an appointment with an online notary. To benefit from this feature, you would have to opt for uncontested marriage dissolution.
Are you still not sure that divorce mediation is the way to go? Check out the main benefits in the table below:
|Better relationship with your spouse||Even though you’re getting divorced from your spouse, staying in a friendly relationship is crucial, especially if there are children involved|
|More control during the divorce||Without mediation, especially in contested divorces, the court would make crucial decisions in your stead. Mediation helps you and your spouse stay in control of the process|
|Simpler procedure||Mediation can help you go through the procedure much faster as there won’t be any need for you to attend court hearings|
|Lower costs||Although divorce mediation isn’t free, it’s still less expensive than paying lawyers to represent you in court|
Divorce mediation in Pennsylvania goes from $100 to $250 per session. Both spouses will have to pay the costs to avoid any preferred treatment by the mediator.
The duration and number of divorce mediation sessions depend on how quickly the couple reaches an agreement. Usually, it takes one to five sessions, each one lasting around two to four hours.
Have more questions about divorces? DoNotPay has the answers! Read our handy articles, such as:
- How long does a divorce take in Pennsylvania?
- Can you get an online divorce in PA?
- What is the best way to serve divorce papers?
- Can you get a divorce without a lawyer?
- What are online divorces?
- How do you file for divorce?
- Can you get divorced without going to court?
- What should you ask for in divorce mediation?
Forget about getting a migraine every time there is an administrative task to handle. DoNotPay makes it easy and stress-free to deal with any bureaucratic issue that comes your way.
- File an FOIA request
- Reduce your property taxes
- Sue any company in small claims court
- Appeal a parking ticket
- Apply for a college fee waiver
- Get crime victims compensation
- Draw up a child travel consent letter
- File an insurance claim
Looking for help with running errands? You don’t have to spend hours trying to make a DMV appointment or contacting a customer service rep! Completing your day-to-day tasks stops being a burden once DoNotPay gets involved.
There is no shortage of errands we’ll help you run for a small subscription fee, including:
- Getting a free trial
- Canceling a subscription
- Creating a neighbor complaint letter
- Requesting a refund from any company
- Sending faxes online
- Finding help paying bills
- Getting revenge on robocalls
Sign up for DoNotPay and avoid spending hours on simple daily tasks that can be done in a jiffy!