Filing for Divorce? Find Out What Divorce Documents You’ll Need
Filing for divorce is stressful and emotionally draining as it is. Tiresome legal paperwork is a cherry on the cake.
If you didn’t make a prenuptial, separation, or marital settlement agreement, divorce might cost you more than you think, so you should try to avoid paying the earth for legal assistance. Don’t fret—DoNotPay has all the vital information and can inform you about all the divorce documents you are going to need.
Why Are Divorce Documents Important?
When it comes to divorce proceedings, having the right documentation can be a game-changer. Divorce documents help the court determine who is right and who is wrong. They can save you and your lawyer time and money and prevent unpleasant flare-ups.
Providing the right divorce documents can help you:
- Divide the funds that you earned together during the marriage
- Distribute the debts and property accordingly
- Obtain a spousal support
- Get custody of the children
Useful Tips for Gathering Divorce Documents
Managing a divorce isn’t breezy. When it comes to collecting divorce documents, you should tread lightly and consider the following strategies:
- Start gathering documents before starting the process—As with any paperwork, collecting documents for divorce is a long and tedious task, so it is best to prepare them on time. In some cases, spouses try to hide the documents to prevent the divorce, so it’s recommended to get them before announcing the divorce
- Bring all of your divorce documentation to a legal consultation—If you bring the documentation to your attorney, they will have much better insight into your situation, and it will help them prepare better for the trial. Be sure to make copies of the documents for yourself
The List of Documents Needed To File for Divorce
When filing for divorce, you may need a whole stack of papers. You can find a list of the most common divorce documents in the following table:
What Does It Include?
Tax and Income Documents
Real Estate Documents
Personal Property Documents
Debt and Credit Information
Estate Planning Documents
There are many documents on this list and many more that couldn’t fit here. What documents exactly you’re going to need depends on your case. It is best to consult with a lawyer and get precise instructions.
DoNotPay Is Your Go-To Assistant for Generating Legal Documents
Regardless of whether you are writing a non-binding agreement or a legally binding contract, the process is difficult and requires some legal experience.
Hiring legal assistance is a great option if you can afford it. If that’s not the case, you can download a contract template from a reliable website, but no one guarantees you that the sample will suit your situation.
Writing a contract with DoNotPay’s help is as easy as ABC. We use an extensive database of laws and regulations from every state in America, which enables us to create valid and enforceable documents.
Follow these steps to get a custom-made legal document of your choosing:
- Open DoNotPay in a web browser
- Type in the name of the document you want us to generate
- Answer a couple of our chatbot’s questions
After we make a personalized contract or document for you, feel free to:
- Fax the document to other signing parties
Make the Most of DoNotPay’s Standardized Legal Documents Feature
With DoNotPay, you can create the same legal document as many times as you want. Here are some of the documents we can draw up for you:
- Lease Agreement
- Bill of Sale
- Operating Agreement
- Non-Disclosure Agreement
- Non-Compete Agreement
- Independent Contractor Agreement
- General Affidavit
- Quitclaim Deed
- General Business Contract
- Estoppel Certificate
- Intent To Purchase Real Estate
That is not all we can do! You can use our learning center to get the most valuable info about various agreements and legal documents, such as:
- Construction Documents
- Hold Harmless Agreement
- Settlement Agreement
- Purchase Agreement
- Subordination Agreement
- Business Requirements Document
- Confidentiality Agreement
- Memorandum of Agreement
- Forbearance Agreement
- Joint Venture Agreement
- Wedding Photography Contract
- IRS Installment Agreement
- Booth Rental Agreement
- Horse Lease Agreement
Your Online Safety Is Our Priority
The benefits of the internet are numerous, but so are the opportunities for scams of all kinds. DoNotPay can help you fight scammers left and right with easy-to-use features, highly customizable to match your needs.
Our app can provide invaluable resources for fighting:
- Phishing emails
- Text messages with suspicious links
- Online stalking and harassment
- Websites that require phone number verification
- Potential credit card fraud
- Copyright infringement
If you’re an avid online shopper, we have your back. In case something goes wrong, we will help you contact customer service without holding, request a refund, or even sue the company in small claims court.
Diversity Is Our Middle Name
DoNotPay doesn’t stop at online safety. Do you need to set up an appointment at the local DMV, but keep procrastinating because you know how awful the lines are? Are you a prospective college student trying to save on application fees? Have you lost track of all unnecessary subscriptions and memberships that keep draining your bank account?