How to Get a Divorce Certificate in San Diego Quickly
A divorce certificate becomes valid immediately after you file a divorce and get granted. The certificate will be valid forever, provided the parties involved are alive. You can obtain your divorce certificate in San Diego County any time you need it.
However, be sure to be frustrated since the request process is long and time-consuming. You will be required to fill out a death certificate request form, notarize and sign it to verify. In addition, you have to attach your identification before mailing the request to the county vital documents office. The good thing is that you can use DoNotPay to request your divorce certificate in just a few clicks.
Everything You Need to Know About Divorce Certificates and Divorce Decrees
A divorce certificate houses vital information about a divorced couple. Such information includes the date and the place where the divorce was legally issued. You need the certificate to prove your divorce to creditors. You can also use your divorce certificate for other purposes like
To act as a proof of changing your name:
- If one of you wants to remarry
- For refinancing your home
- When applying for a landed immigration status
On the other hand, a divorce decree is a legal order by the court to ultimately finalize your marriage. In other words, it is known as judgment dissolution since it clarifies the events that will follow after your divorce is finalized. Some of the issues defined include child custody, property distribution and child support.
Learn about the uses for a divorce certificate from the table below.
|What Are Divorce Certificates Used For?||
Who Is Authorized to Obtain a Divorce Certificate?
Everyone can access your divorce records since San Diego makes them public. In some cases, you might ask the court to redact their divorce details, but you have to give valid reasons for redaction.
All divorce records can be accessed in the online docket; however, if you want something more than what is provided in the docket, you should visit the courthouse where the concerned filled their divorce.
How Much Will It Cost You to Obtain a Divorce Certificate in San Diego?
Typically, you will pay a copy fee of 50 cents per page. If you want a certified copy, you must add $15.00 for certification.
How Long Does It Take To Receive Your Divorce Copy in San Diego?
It takes about six months to get a divorce certificate in San Diego. The county and California at large have a mandatory waiting period, meaning you will not get your divorce until the period ends.
What Do You Need to Pursue Your Divorce Documents in San Diego?
To obtain a divorce certificate in San Diego, you need to provide the following:
- Check or money order
- The date and place where the divorce happened
- A completed application form
- Your identification issued by the government
Learn How to Pursue Your Divorce Certificate in San Diego on Your Own
To receive a copy of your San Diego divorce certificate, you should:
- Mail a request to the business office where you filed your divorce
- Specify which documents you are requesting
- Attach your payment in a stamped envelope
Provide your case number from the San Diego superior court. If you can't remember it, you can call the business divorce where your divorce was filed. You can also look for it online if it was filed after 1974.
Pursuing your divorce certificate using the DIY method is challenging. It involves an extended document filling and mailing process. Luckily, DoNotPay has made it easier since you can digitally request it from the comfort of your laptop using Divorce Certificates product.
Learn How to Pursue Your Divorce Certificate in San Diego Using DoNotPay
DoNotPay makes it really easy to get your divorce certificate in San Diego. Just follow these steps, and then relax.
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
See how easy that was? Now you can sit back, and let DoNotPay do all the work.
What Are the Reasons for Using DoNotPay?
Our product is:
- Fast. You will not spend long hours requesting for your divorce certificate
- Easy. Your divorce certificate request process will not involve complex steps but simple ones
- Successful. You will not regret it since you are assured of getting positive results.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Remember, anytime you feel like paperwork is a hassle, turn to DoNotPay. Join us today!