How to Get Your Divorce Certificate in New Mexico
Trying to get a divorce certificate in New Mexico can be frustrating. In fact, many states such as New York and Florida, Texas, Arkansas, and Nevada, and California make it unclear how to get a divorce certificate.
This guide will explain why getting your divorce certificate in New Mexico can be so frustrating, why trying to solve the problem yourself won't work, and how DoNotPay can make getting your divorce certificate hassle-free.
The Difference Between Divorce Certificates and Divorce Decrees
The divorce decree is the official ruling in your divorce case and contains the file or case number. A divorce certificate is a more straightforward document that gives information like the parties' names, the date of the divorce, and where the divorce occurred.
Who Can Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in New Mexico?
The two divorced individuals, their immediate family, and legal representatives of record can get copies of a divorce decree.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in New Mexico?
The District Court typically sets the fee to be paid and may vary across the judicial districts.
How Long Does It Take To Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in New Mexico?
It can take up to three to five weeks to get a divorce certificate in New Mexico.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in New Mexico?
A requester in New Mexico must provide the following information:
- Names of both persons registered on the record
- When the divorce was issued
- Where the divorce was granted
How to Get a Copy of a Divorce Certificate in New Mexico by Yourself
Oklahoma gives you a variety of ways to apply for a divorce certificate.
- You can search for your Divorce certificates at the State's Department of Health. In addition, many counties throughout New Mexico have their own office.
- You can order online using an outside service and pay an extra fee.
- You can order by mail using a check or money order.
There are problems with all these methods.
- First, where you can receive your divorce certificate is in no way straightforward and is stored at the Department of Health in some counties and at the local court that made the ruling in others.
- Second, you have to find a time when you're not working. The whole thing is a hassle.
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number|
|New Mexico Vital Records||2554 Camino Entrada
Santa Fe, NM 87507
Not only does it take longer to order by mail, but you also have to use a check or money order, both of which are a hassle to use. Finally, you can use an outside online service, but not only are you paying an extra fee to use them, but it's also unclear how secure their service is. There must be a better way.
Getting Your Divorce Certificate in New Mexico Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you get your divorce certificate without having to search for the correct place to get the certification.
How to get a copy of a divorce certificate using DoNotPay:
If you want to get a copy of a divorce certificate but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in seven easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.*Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address—upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to sign this form or not electronically. Once we generate the form, verify that all information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
If you are interested in knowing more about DoNotPay’s Product for this problem, do not hesitate to contact us.
Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Fight parking tickets
- Get a college fee waiver
- Write financial aid letters
- Manage bills
- Win raffle tickets
- Get compensation for robocalls
- Reduce your property taxes
Use DoNotPay to get your divorce certificate in New Mexico now.