How to Get a Divorce Certificate in Arizona: DoNotPay as Your Solution
We all know divorce isn't pretty, but it continues to happen in countless marriages. Those living in Arizona may need a fast divorce certificate copy to use for proof showing you and your spouse are legally separated.
You may need this for a number of things, like to gain government benefits or legally do other things, including marrying someone else.
The Difference Between a Divorce Decree and a Divorce Certificate
As a first-time divorcee, perhaps you've never learned the difference between the decree and the actual divorce certificate you receive. A divorce decree is a more complicated court document that includes a case or file number issued by the court. It's your official ruling in your divorce case.
Sometimes you can get a divorce certificate fast, though not always. If you don't already have one, the process of getting it is sometimes protracted.
How Do You Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Arizona?
To obtain your divorce certificate in Arizona, you'll need to visit your local Superior Court office and request the certificate from the clerk. According to most sources, you have to pay $26.50 to get a copy of your divorce certificate.
You’ll also need to include $7 for the shipping charge when doing this by mail.
Each Arizona county may have different procedures for how you go about paying for your divorce certificate copy, so contact them before making a request.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Arizona?
Along with the main fee above, you'll also have these fees to consider:
- A $30 fee for a certified copy.
- Copy fees are 50 cents per page.
- Research fees are possible if you request an old divorce certificate from your family.
How Long Does It Take to Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Arizona?
While processing takes 7 to 10 business days, the length of time it takes for you to receive your divorce certificate copy is based entirely on the USPS. Sources like the Clerk of the Superior Court in Maricopa County, Arizona, basically hold no responsibility for the length of time it takes to reach your mailbox.
In the times we live, the sad reality is that getting anything like a death certificate by mail will take longer than expected.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Divorce Certificate in Arizona?
As always, you have to prove your identity. Be sure to bring these items:
- Any form of government-issued ID.
- The case number for the divorce.
- The names of those involved in a divorce.
- The type of document being requested.
- The year the divorce took place.
- Your phone number or email so the county clerk can contact you for more information.
How To Get a Divorce Certificate Copy in Arizona on Your Own
As you can see, going through your local county clerk's office is the only way to do this by yourself. It's also a more time-consuming method since you have to visit the office in person or fill out forms online.
The tediousness of this doesn't even need to be said. When you're in the aftermath of a divorce, the last thing you want is to deal with filling out forms and visiting the county clerk's office just to get a certified divorce certificate.
You need time with your immediate family and for yourself to get your life back together.
Next Steps for Getting a Divorce Certificate Copy if You Can't Do It Yourself
You could always hire a lawyer to get a divorce certificate copy for you. Just remember, if you hire an honest lawyer, you're going to have to pay them a substantial legal fee for their services.
While possibly awaiting alimony from your spouse, you don't want those checks going to a lawyer after the divorce is finalized.
Solve Getting a Divorce Certificate Copy in Arizona Instantly With DoNotPay
The above DIY method is simply too much for you at a sensitive time. DoNotPay is designed to help you get something like a divorce certificate in a very short time using these seven easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Divorce product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse. Please note: some states only allow people named on the certificate to apply.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the divorce certificate and original divorce certificate were issued as well as the dates they were issued on.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address—upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to sign this form or not electronically. Once we generate the form, verify that all information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Use DoNotPay to Get Your Divorce Certificate Copy in Arizona?
We've created three good reasons why our DoNotPay app is your best source for obtaining your Arizona divorce certificate.
|Fast||You can eliminate the time it takes to visit the county clerk or fill out lengthy forms online.|
|Easy||We make it literally like clicking one button to get your divorce certificate ordered.|
|Successful||Many people like you use our app to obtain legal documents like divorce certificates. We guarantee you'll have similar positive results.|
We can also help you obtain divorce certificate copies in large states like:
What Else Can DoNotPay Do for You?
We're a full-fledged AI lawyer service to use entirely online. We can help you with just about any legal matter ranging from divorce settlement agreements to document notarizations.
Do not hesitate to contact us to learn more about DoNotPay’s comprehensive features.