The Best Way to Connect with an Inmate at Desoto Annex, FL
Desoto Annex, also referred to as Desoto Correctional Institution, is a men's prison in Arcadia, DeSoto County, Florida. Opened in 1996, Desoto Prison holds 1453 adult prisoners under a mixture of security levels, including minimum, medium, and close security. Inmates at Desoto Annex are encouraged to participate in a variety of educational and vocational programs, and the facility has a mandatory literacy requirement for all inmates.
If you're struggling to get in touch with a loved one at Desoto Annex, DoNotPay can help. Read on to learn everything you need to know about contacting an inmate.
Where is Desoto Annex Located?
A level V prison facility, Desoto Annex is located in Arcadia, Florida. The physical location and contact information for Desoto Correctional Institution are as follows:
|Physical Address||Desoto Annex, 13617 SE Hwy 70, Arcadia, FL 34266-7800|
|Phone Number||(863) 494-3727|
|Warden Robert Mercado can be contacted at the following email address: email@example.com|
How to Contact Inmates at Desoto Correctional Institution
There are several ways to get in touch with inmates at Desoto Correctional Institution. You should be aware that while money and letters are permitted, inmates are not allowed to receive packages or phone calls. Inmates can call approved numbers during daytime hours, but cannot receive incoming phone calls. Additionally, boxes, padded envelopes, or cardstock envelopes are not permitted.
How to Send Money to Desoto Prison Inmates
You can send money to a Desoto Prison inmate by visiting a MoneyGram location or using JPay. If using MoneyGram, visit any convenient location and use the received code 5188. If you want to use JPay, there are several methods to choose from:
- Online: Visit JPay.com and send money using a credit or debit card.
- Mobile App: Download the JPay mobile app from either the Google Play store or the Apple App store and follow the instructions for sending money.
- Phone: Contact the JPay call center at (800) 574-5729 and send money using a credit or debit card.
- Mail: Create a money order payable to JPay along with a deposit slip to JPay, P.O. Box 260010, Hollywood, FL 33026.
How to Send Letters to Desoto Prison Inmates
If you want to send an inmate a letter, you need to use the following mailing address:
Inmate Name and ID Number
13617 SE Highway 70
Arcadia, FL 34266-7800
All letters must be sent using the US Postal Service and cannot be longer than 15 pages. You cannot include anything that features non-paper parts and are also not allowed to glue, tape, or staple things to the pages. Pictures are allowed, as long as they are smaller than 8"X10".
Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner
Before getting in touch with a prisoner, you'll need to be certain where they are located. This is not only important if you are planning on sending a letter or money, but also if you will be accepting phone calls. Phone calls from out-of-state prisons can be quite expensive. To easily determine any inmate's current location, follow these steps:
- Open a DoNotPay account in your web browser.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate tab and select "Locate Someone".
- Enter the inmate's name and state.
- Submit the request.
In seconds, DoNotPay will give you the correct current location of the individual.
Challenges You Might Face Contacting Loved Ones in Desoto Annex
It can be difficult to get in touch with incarcerated loved ones. Phone calls can be very costly, and ensuring your letter adheres to lengthy prison restrictions can be time-consuming and stressful. Just one small mistake means your loved one won't receive your letter or money. Luckily, DoNotPay is here to support you. We offer simple ways to quickly contact any incarcerated individual.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate and Contact Imprisoned Inmates
DoNotPay is the fastest way to connect with an inmate. Once you've located a prisoner using our Connect With an Inmate product, we'll help you get in touch with them easily. All you need is the prison name and inmate booking or ID number.
The steps are simple:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay solves all kinds of problems! Simply open your web browser and in minutes resolve issues like:
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting chargebacks and refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
The next time you're facing a challenging situation, think of DoNotPay. We're here to offer speedy solutions for all of life's hassles.