The Ultimate Guide To Finding Dermatology Clinical Trials
If you have any dermatological problems and can’t seem to find a solution for them, consider applying for dermatological clinical trials that test novel drugs and treatments.
Participating in a dermatological clinical trial might give you a chance to finally get rid of acne or eczema. In case you are healthy, you can also enroll in paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers.
When you decide to sign up for a clinical trial, the next step is to look for the best studies in your area. We will break down dermatology clinical trials for you and show you how you can find the ones you are eligible for.
The Essentials of Clinical Trials
Clinical trials are a way to advance medical science and improve people’s quality of life. By conducting clinical trials, researchers are able to test new drugs, medical devices, or treatments. They can also focus on:
- Improving diagnostic techniques
- Developing a vaccine for fighting diseases
- Finding ways to discover diseases in their early stages
- Investigating the influence of diet on the development of certain diseases and conditions
It can take years for a clinical trial to be completed because each study has several phases:
|I||Usually fewer than 15 volunteers||Tests how humans respond to a new drug or treatment, after extensive lab and animal testing|
|II||A larger number of volunteers, both healthy and suffering from the disease related to study||Explores possible side effects of the new treatment|
|III||Hundreds of participants||Experiments with different drug dosages and uses a combination of drugs and treatments|
|IV||Thousands of people||Checks for any additional long-term and short-term side effects and benefits to confirm the treatment is safe for large populations|
If you plan to join a trial in an early phase, know that the risks of experiencing side effects are much greater than in the later phases. When you participate in the early phases of clinical trials, you can get higher compensation.
When you find a clinical trial you want to take part in, talk to your doctor about the possible risks and benefits.
Clinical Trials in Dermatology
Dermatological clinical trials focus on the conditions and diseases that affect your skin, hair, and nails. Some dermatology trials have cosmetics as their subject of interest. You can find studies that are related to:
- Skin aging
- Atopic dermatitis
- Cosmetic surgery
- Basal cell carcinoma
- Epidermolysis bullosa
- Hidradenitis suppurativa
Where To Look for Dermatological Clinical Trials
A myriad of medical institutions conduct dermatology clinical trials, so you can search for them on their websites. Another way to find a dermatology clinical trial is to visit websites that have a database of different clinical studies and look for the ones that you need. Here are some sources you can use to find clinical trials:
- Mount Sinai
- Center Watch
- UNC School of Medicine
- Feinberg School of Medicine
- UC San Diego School of Medicine
If you don’t want to waste time on checking a large number of sources, use DoNotPay to find clinical trials easily!
How You Can Find the Right Clinical Trials for You via DoNotPay
DoNotPay has the most extensive clinical trial search options! With our app, you can customize your search and get the best results in a matter of minutes. All you need to do is:
- Set up your DoNotPay account through any web browser
- Choose the Clinical Trials option
- Click on Get Started
- Adjust your preferences
- Hit Contact when you find the study that interests you
When you complete these steps, we will get in touch with the researchers of the study you want to apply for. You will receive an email about what to do in the next several days after you make your request. If you don’t get accepted the first time, keep in mind that you can use DoNotPay to sign up for clinical trials as many times as you want.
The Benefits of DoNotPay’s Clinical Trial Search Tool
With DoNotPay, you can explore a vast database of clinical trials, medical surveys, and university psychological studies and get the results that fit your criteria best in an instant! DoNotPay’s fully-customized algorithm allows you to find studies that match your profile easily. You can set up the filters according to:
- Your age and sex
- Time and date of studies
- Safety and risks involved
- Whether you are breastfeeding
- The condition or disease you have
- Location—Denver, Houston, Baltimore, New Jersey, San Diego, New York, Kansas City, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, and many other cities
- Other individual preferences
Apart from advanced search options, DoNotPay has other benefits—such as bookmarking and text notifications. You can bookmark the studies you find interesting and keep track of their progress so that you can be the first to sign up when they start receiving volunteer applications. If you can’t find the studies that suit your preferences right away, give us your phone number so that we can text you when new trials appear.
How To Know Whether You Are Eligible for a Dermatology Clinical Trial
Every clinical trial has special inclusion and exclusion criteria that determine who can participate. This is why you should check what kind of volunteers the researchers are looking for. You can find clinical trials in dermatology that require both healthy participants and those with the condition that is the interest of the study.
You should get all the necessary information about the clinical trial you want to apply for to be sure it’s safe for you.
Questions To Ask Before Joining a Clinical Trial
When applying for a clinical trial, don’t be shy and ask everything you want to know about it. Here are some questions that might help you make an informed decision about enrolling in a medical study:
- Who is the organizer of the trial?
- What drug or treatment are you testing?
- Will it be necessary for me to stay in the hospital?
- When will I receive my compensation?
- What will happen if I fall ill during the study?
- What risks are involved?
- How can the trial benefit my health?
- Who is going to be responsible for my health during the study?
DoNotPay Takes Your Bureaucratic Worries Away
Besides clinical trials related to skin diseases, you can use DoNotPay to find medical studies related to many other conditions, such as brain, colon, breast, or ovarian cancer, as well as macular degeneration, migraine, fibromyalgia, and many others.
If you have difficulties with medical bills, use DoNotPay to find out how to get help with them.
Use any web browser to access DoNotPay and explore our other options:
- Getting refunds from companies
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Dealing with credit card issues
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Starting free trials with no credit card info
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Enrolling in other clinical trials
- Protecting you from stalking and harassment
- Fighting traffic tickets
- Receiving refunds and compensation for delayed or canceled flights
- Fighting spam emails
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Disputing speeding tickets
- Jumping the phone queue when contacting customer services
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting rid of spam text messages
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Scheduling a DMV appointment in an instant
- Terminating subscriptions or memberships
- Appealing parking tickets