The Fast and Easy Way to Delete Your LastPass Account
If you were in a situation where you needed to , would you know how? The threat of online hackers and identity thieves is at an all-time high, so having a service like LastPass makes sense.
In this post, let's look at how to delete your LastPass account from two points of view.
Delete Your LastPass Account Yourself
The idea behind LastPass is simple. Create an account where all of your passwords are kept in a virtual vault, and it can be accessed by one master password. LastPass uses your email address and your master password to generate an encryption key unique to your account and your account only.
Let's imagine that for whatever reason, you need to , but you want to save the data that has been stored in your LastPass account.
Do This Before Deleting Your LastPass Account
Before you attempt to delete a LastPass account you want to export all the data contained in the account. These are all your important login and passwords that have been stored in your LastPass account vault.
Follow these steps to export your LastPass data from the web extension:
- Click Account Options from the LastPass extension menu.
- Click Advanced.
- Click the Export option.
- Select the type of folder you want your data exported to, either the LastPass CSV file or the LastPass encryption file. The CSV file will be stored in your browser's download folder. The encryption option puts your data in a file that can only be accessed by your encryption file password.
- You will be prompted to enter your LastPass account master password.
- Data will be exported to the location of your choosing.
That exports all your sensitive data to a secure location on your computer or other devices.
You will need to export that data again directly from the LastPass website.
Here are the instructions for those steps:
- Log in to your LastPass account.
- From your dashboard, select Advanced Options.
- From advanced options, click Export.
- Your passwords will appear all together on one page.
- Copy-paste this list into the secure folder of your choosing for later use.
Now that your sensitive data has been exported, you can proceed with deleting the account.
How to Delete Your LastPass Account With or Without Your Master Password
After logging in to your LastPass account, go to the account deletion page to see the different options for deleting your account.
When you get to the Account Deletion page and click Delete My Account, you will be prompted to enter your master password to continue. If you know your master password enter it and follow the prompts along the way to delete your account.
If you do not know your master password, click Forgot Master Password.
You will be notified that LastPass has sent a link in an email that you will follow to accomplish your LastPass account deletion.
Also, when you do get to the Account Deletion page, you will notice there are several choices regarding your account like:
- Reset your account
- Change your account-related email
- Recover forgotten master password
If you have a lot of time to spare and patience, you might succeed in deleting your LastPass account.
Exporting your critical data, account deletion page buried on the website, and recovering lost master passwords contribute to a confusing and frustrating method of deleting your LastPass account.
There is a much easier and quicker way to do this.
Let's show you just how easy and quick it can be to delete your LastPass account using DoNotPay.
How to Use DoNotPay to Delete Your LastPass Account
DoNotPay was designed to level the playing field and make issues like deleting your LastPass account a fast and easy process. Take a look at how easy it can be to delete your LastPass account using DoNotPay.
If you want to delete LastPass accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
And that is it. Go ahead and do something fun instead of chasing down the procedures for deleting your LastPass account.
Alternative Ways to Delete Your Account
The last thing you want to do in deleting your account is to remember your old login details. However, if you want to take that path, here are some things you may do:
|Password Manager||You’re lucky if you have used a password manager for a long time. Open your password manager and locate the account you want to delete. It’s too easy to log back into the account and delete it.|
|Access the email you have used to register to the account. Check if you have saved a copy of your login details to your inbox folder.|
|Recovering Passwords||Access the website where you want to delete your account. Click on “Forgot Password?” and follow the prompts. Hope that the mobile number or email address you are using now is the same as what is registered on your account.|
Why You Should Use DoNotPay
DoNotPay is your one-stop information hub regarding account deletion. Here are three good reasons to use DoNotPay for deleting those accounts you no longer need or want gone.
- DoNotPay is fast.
- DoNotPay is easy.
- DoNotPay is successful.
DoNotPay is recommended by some of the highest regarded industries, and the number of successful DoNotPay stories increases daily.
Your LastPass account deletion could be the next success story from DoNotPay.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Your LastPass account is just the beginning of what you can accomplish by using the services of DoNotPay.
Here are some other companies that you can delete their accounts from by using this valuable tool from DoNotPay.
Let DoNotPay show you how fast and easy it is to delete your LastPass account.