Everything You Need to Know About Deleting a GoDaddy Account
It has occurred to you that it's time to delete your GoDaddy account. You had bold intentions of building a website or even starting a business at one point. And you, like so many Americans, went to GoDaddy to pick a domain name.
But in creating your account, you realized there were other web registrar options. Or maybe, you abandoned your new website altogether. As you search online for some direction, you see conflicting steps. And you don't know if you're supposed to delete your GoDaddy account entirely or save those domains you selected. And now you're face-palming because you forgot your GoDaddy login password.
To preserve your sanity, you should know that there is a better and much easier way to delete your account.
Aside from deleting your GoDaddy account, we can also assist you in removing your accounts in:
Common Reasons Why You Might Delete a GoDaddy Account
GoDaddy is one of the most popular domain registrars, with a host of web-building tools and software. And the GoDaddy servers are affordable. But there may be a point when you decide it's time to delete your GoDaddy account. Here are a few common reasons that you may decide to delete your account:
- No longer need a website or hosting
- Need to stop paying for a service you're not using
- It's an old account you forgot about entirely
If you're not sure you're ready to delete the GoDaddy account as a whole, you can find other deletion steps and functions instead. GoDaddy provides instructions for:
- Closing a "Good As Gold" account
- Deleting products within your GoDaddy profile
- How to change your two-step authentication
- What to do next if your GoDaddy account is locked
- How to manage your payee account
Any requests you make to delete your GoDaddy account may take up to 24 hours to take effect.
How to Delete Your GoDaddy Account on Your Own
When you're ready to delete your GoDaddy account, there are a few steps to take and a few details to consider. GoDaddy offers clear warnings, too, about the finality of deleting your data.
- You can't request refunds after you've closed your accounts.
- Once you close your account, your data is deleted permanently.
- Account closures cannot be reversed; any information is lost.
If you're sure you're ready to proceed, here's how you go about deleting your GoDaddy account.
Accessing Your GoDaddy Profile
Hop online and navigate to GoDaddy.com directly. Once you've arrived on the home page, you can sign in to the account management dashboard. You can then take the next few steps to delete your GoDaddy account.
Where to Select Your Products for Deletion
You'll need to find "My Products" and select the "Hosting" category there. These will be in your menu bar. And you'll be provided a roster of products you have. It is where you'll select what hosting account you want to delete from your GoDaddy account.
How to Choose 'Cancel'
Once you've selected the GoDaddy product you want to delete, you'll choose the "Cancel Account" function. It is located directly above the account list itself. It won't delete your GoDaddy account, however, until you hit "Save Changes."
Approved Methods for Deleting a GoDaddy Account
It might sound complicated at first glance. And now you're asking yourself if there's an easier way to delete your GoDaddy account. Here is a roster of methods, in addition to the self-deletion process.
|Can I Delete With||Yes / No|
Common Issues With Deleting a GoDaddy Account
As straightforward as deleting a GoDaddy account might sound, users have shared issues online. Some of the more common complaints are:
- Lost password or account lockout
- Subscription maintenance
- Deleting before refund requests are made
How DoNotPay Makes Deleting Your GoDaddy Account Easy
Instead of trying to figure out all the necessary steps for deleting your GoDaddy account yourself, DoNotPay has an easier solution. Even if you've lost your password or have trouble accessing the old account, we've got you covered.
If you want to delete old accounts but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why DoNotPay Is the Only Way to Delete Online Accounts
DoNotPay provides the most convenient way to delete your GoDaddy account. Here's why:
- Fast—You don't have to spend hours navigating the GoDaddy site and requesting cancellation.
- Easy—You don't have to struggle to keep track of all the steps involved in deleting your GoDaddy account.
- Successful—You can rest assured knowing we'll make the best case for you, regardless of the issue encountered.
DoNotPay Can Do More Than Just Delete GoDaddy Accounts
If you wish for a DoNotPay method for solving all your account deleting problems, you're in luck. DoNotPay can do more for you. We can help with all kinds of annoying tasks, like:
- Deleting an Amazon or eBay account
- Deleting a Spotify or Steam Account
- Unbanning your access to Instagram or TikTok
DoNotPay Products for Almost Everything
Maybe you're looking for a better way to pay your local water bill. Or, it could be you need to report a fresh pothole in your neighborhood to the local city officials. You'll find DoNotPay's quick and easy way of handling these tasks is just as easy as deleting a GoDaddy account.
If you're struggling to delete your GoDaddy account, let DoNotPay help. And explore some of the other solutions available for any other headache-inducing and Fort-Knox-like processes you might be facing.