How to Delete Your Evernote Account Permanently
Evernote is a powerful tool designed for organizing, note-taking, archiving, and task management. It is useful to creative individuals who want to capture and arrange their ideas. But it reaches a point in time when you may want to do away with this tool. So you may want to figure out how to delete an Evernote account in a fast and efficient way.
The process usually involves deleting the notes first, then deactivating the account. Whether it's your first time to delete your Evernote account or not, the process is time-consuming, tedious, complicated, and frustrating when you do it yourself. Besides, a simple mistake or skipping a step along the procedure may see you not deleting the account permanently. Luckily, DoNotPay has come to rescue the people who would wish to delete any account, including Facebook, Instagram, Gmail, Yahoo, AOL, Venmo, eHarmony, Amazon, PayPal, or even Uber. DoNotPay is an automated solution; thus, when you want to , it executes most of the steps on your behalf.
This article explains more about deleting an Evernote account and how DoNotPay can ease the process.
How to Delete Your Evernote Account on Your Own
To , ensure you delete your notes first. Afterward, deactivate the account.
Below is the full procedure of how to do it on your own.
- Leave any shared Notebooks. If another account shares Notebooks with you, ensure you leave them. Move into the 'shared' section of the Notebook and click 'Leave Notebook.'
- Delete your Notebooks by right-clicking on a Notebook and selecting 'Delete Notebook.'
- Empty the trash. Find the trash and select 'Empty trash.' It completely deletes your notes and Notebooks so no one can retrieve them, including Evernote staff. If you are an admin for the Evernote business account, you can empty the business trash by logging into the admin console, clicking on 'Trash,' and selecting 'Delete.’
Deactivating Evernote Permanently
Once you delete the notes, you can deactivate the account using the following steps:
- Move to the Evernote account deactivation page
- Find the 'Deactivate Account' button
- Click a 'small checkbox' near the deactivate button to confirm that you want to deactivate the account
- Finally, click the green button 'Deactivate Account.'
After deactivating the Evernote account, you cannot log back into it. Also, you cannot create another Evernote account using the same email address you used in the deleted account. You can now uninstall any Evernote applications you have on your phone, laptop, or desktop.
Why You May Need to Delete Your Evernote Account
The reasons why people delete their Evernote account include:
|Data Security||An active Evernote account can provide two lanes of data. The first one is your account details, including your name, password, credit card, and Paypal information. Cybercriminals can access all that information. The second lane is the content you add into Evernote, including research, proprietary information, videos, notes, intellectual property, and sensitive images. Deleting your Evernote account permanently ensures you are safe from breach of confidential information.|
|Looking for Alternatives||Some people delete their Evernote account to swap to other alternatives such as Bear, OneNote, or Notion. Since they don't want to have the account active, deleting it becomes an ideal move.|
How Hard Is It to Delete an Evernote Account
Deleting an Evernote account can be complicated when clearing the notes and Notebooks. However, they'll still be available if you don't delete these items before deactivating the account. Yes, you will have deactivated the account and cannot log in back into it later, but your data will be available. Therefore, you must ensure you locate all notes and Notebooks and erase them.
But don't worry about not getting it right. There is a faster and simpler alternative to delete your Evernote account successfully. Using DoNotPay. If you use DoNotPay, the entire process is easier since this innovative solution comes with straightforward predetermined steps for you to follow.
Next Steps for Deleting Evernote Account if You Can't Do It Yourself
Deleting Evernote by yourself is indeed frustrating and time-consuming. For instance, you might not be sure whether you moved everything to trash before deactivation. But you don't have to worry. DoNotPay will clear all the data on your account and delete it permanently. You will have an assurance that all your personal information and confidential details are no longer in Evernote's databases.
Delete Your Evernote Account With the Help of DoNotPay
If you want to delete an Evernote account or any other account but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to Delete Old Accounts product on DoNotPay.
- Select the type of account you are trying to delete, such as email, streaming service, social media, gaming, eCommerce, and more.
- Tell us more about your account, including usernames and associated emails / phone numbers.
- Help us verify your account ownership by entering the date you first created the account, when you last logged in, any payment methods saved under the account, etc.
- Upload photographic evidence if you have any that can help prove your account ownership.
- Enter any last known or previously used passwords.
- Enter your contact information and submit the task!
Why Use DoNotPay to Delete Evernote Account
DoNotPay is an innovative solution helping people solve their immediate web problems. Many hail DoNotPay and are willing to use it to delete any account or perform other tasks because DoNotPay is:
- Fast. DoNotPay saves your time since you wouldn't have to do the process of clearing data and deleting your Evernote account manually.
- Easy. It is easy to delete your Evernote account using DoNotPay. They'll do the heavy lifting for you, so there's no need to keep track of all the steps.
- Successful. You have a guarantee that DoNotPay will permanently delete your Evernote account, and no data or private notes will be left in Evernote's databases.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
As mentioned above, DoNotPay is the solution to modern-day problems for internet users. It does not only help delete Evernote account but also help:
Reach out to us today for assistance.