How to Get a Copy of the Birth Certificate in Delaware
A birth certificate is one of the essential identification documents that you should have. It helps to prove your age, citizenship status, and identity. You can also use a copy of your birth certificate to enroll in a learning institution, get a driver's or permit, apply for government benefits, or obtain a social security number.
If your Delaware birth certificate is damaged, lost, or you need extra copies of your birth certificate, you will have to file a formal request with Delaware state government officials. The process of replacing your certificate is not easy, especially if you are not familiar with the procedure. It involves filling out the request form, having it validated, printing, signing, and mailing it together with copies of valid photo IDs and processing fees.
DoNotPay Birth Certificates product saves you from several trips to the post office and bank. We will ask you several simple questions and then create a completed request form. After you confirm that all the details are accurate, we will mail the form to the state records office along with the application fee on your behalf.
Who Can Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Delaware
As the registrant, you can request a copy of your birth certificate. Other eligible entities that can legally acquire your birth certificate include:
- Your current husband or wife
- Your child
- Your parents
- Legal guardian (court order may be required)
- Genealogy (proof required)
- Authorized attorney or legal representative of the above-listed entities
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Birth Certificate Copy in Delaware
It will cost you $25.00 to get a copy of your birth certificate in Delaware. The checks are sent to the Office of Vital Statistics. It normally takes 2-5 weeks for you to get a copy of a birth certificate in Delaware after making a successful application.
|City/County/State Office||Contact Address and Phone Number||Birth Certificate Processing Fee|
|Delaware Vital Records||544 South Bedford St.
Georgetown, DE 19947
|First Copy: $25.00 Additional Copies: $25.00|
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Delaware
When requesting a Delaware birth certificate, you'll need to provide proof of your identity. You can present a copy of one of the accepted IDs:
- Driver's license
- State-issued ID
- Military ID
- Employment or school ID
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Delaware on Your Own
There are three ways you can apply for birth certificates on your own.
- Apply In-person. You can make the application in person at one of these locations.
- Apply by phone. You can call 1-877-888-0248 to order a copy of the birth certificate.
- Apply online. A copy of the application form is available at the website of the Department of Public Health.
Remember to present a valid photo ID in all your applications. Getting a copy of a birth certificate can sometimes be complex and tedious. If you are facing challenges with getting a copy of your birth certificate, you can use DoNotPay. Our products and services are also easy to use, enabling you to solve your issues quickly and confidently.
How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate Instantly in Delaware With the Help Of DoNotPay
- Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
- Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
- Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
- Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to Get a Copy of Your Birth Certificate in Delaware
There are numerous advantages of using DoNotPay to obtain a birth certificate. The application helps save time as you do not have to make trips to the Delaware Office of Vital Records to make your application. You can easily access DoNotPay on your browser and make a request using our Birth Certificates products with just a click of a button!