Order a DeKalb County Marriage Certificate Online
Issuing a marriage license is a very important duty for the county. It is something that can impact many lives, and needs to be done correctly. That's why when something goes wrong with the process, it can be frustrating. And when it comes to getting your marriage certificate, there can be a lot of paperwork and hassle involved.
If you need help with getting a , do not worry! You can use DoNotPay to get it done. DoNotPay is an online lawyer service powered by Artificial Intelligence.
It started as a legal bot to help people contest parking tickets, and airline tickets for missed or delayed flights, and has now expanded its services to getting marriage certificates for couples in DeKalb County. All you have to do is type in your name and contact information, answer a few questions, and DoNotPay will take care of the rest.
The Difference Between Marriage Certificates and Marriage Licenses
The term "marriage certificate" is general. It refers to both the government document (called a DeKalb county marriage certificate) and the verification of marriage that takes place after the official document has been issued.
The marriage license, on the other hand, is a document that is usually given to the couple before their marriage; it's a permit that allows the couple to get married. If you need help with getting marriage certificate documents in DeKalb County, DoNOtPay has you covered.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in DeKalb County
So long as you meet the following criteria, it's possible to get a marriage certificate copy in person or online in DeKalb county:
- You are legally married to someone in Georgia
- You are trying to become legally married in Georgia
- You meet all the requirements for getting a certified copy of your marriage license from the DeKalb County Marriage license office.
If you are looking for a and are wondering how to apply, DoNotPay has you covered.
How Much Does It Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in DeKalb County?
Expect to pay a fee of $15.00 for a certified copy of your DeKalb County marriage license. If you need to get extra copies of the same, you will have to part with $5.00 for each. A certified copy of your DeKalb county marriage license can be obtained within 5-10 business days after requesting it.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in DeKalb County?
To get a copy of your marriage certificate, you will need to provide the following documents:
- Valid identification that shows your correct name and date of birth. This can be a government-issued photo ID or a passport.
- Your DeKalb County marriage license, if you have one.
- Other documents that the DeKalb County office may require you to provide. The requirements vary depending on the file and each case is different.
If you have all of these items, you can start using DoNotPay to apply for your DeKalb County marriage certificate. DoNotPay will help you fill out all the necessary information, get it notarized, and send it to the county.
How to Get DeKalb County Marriage Certificate by Yourself
The process for getting a when you are trying to get it yourself can be grueling. The documentation that you need to provide may seem hard to get, and that's because it can be. Here are the steps you need to follow to get a DeKalb County marriage certificate on your own:
|Apply in person||Go to the DeKalb County Marriage Certificate office and request the original marriage certificate.|
|Pay the fees||You will be required to pay a fee of $15.00 per copy of your document, along with a $5.00 fee for each extra copy. The payment can be made using any credit or debit card as long as it supports smart-chip/EMV technology.|
|Fill out the form||You will need to fill out a few fields that include your personal information, as well as information about the document you want to get a copy of, your relationship with the person whose name is on the document, and others.|
|Bring all the documents||Has the document been notarized so that it can be accepted in an official capacity by the DeKalb county office? Include all the necessary documents. You may need to provide a copy of your ID, and your marriage license, as well as details on how you and your spouse want copies of your marriage certificate.|
To avoid this hectic process, let DoNotPay help you fill out a Dekalb county marriage certificate hassle-free.
Get the Dekalb Marriage License Instantly With the Help of DoNotPay
DoNotPay is a London-based startup that provides free services through the use of a chatbot. The bot helps users with issues such as getting a parking ticket canceled or applying for housing benefits, and has now added obtaining marriage licenses to its list of services. This announcement comes as welcomed news to couples who are looking to get a .
To get started with the process of getting a marriage certificate in Dekalb County, follow these 7 easy steps:
- Go to the Certificates of Marriage product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate, and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
It’s super easy. And remember, there are hundreds of other ways to use the app.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with as well as contesting a host of other legal issues, including:
- Chargebacks and refunds
- Child travel consent
- Defamation demand letters
- Airline flight compensation
- Free raffle tickets
- Item return requests
- How to cancel
- Create passport photos
- File a complaint
There's no denying the importance of getting a . This document can help you get started on your married life and take many financial, legal, and other responsibilities off of your shoulders. Join DoNotPay today to get a certified copy of your marriage certificate!