Get Vouchers from Daytona Beach Housing Authority Instantly
If you are struggling to make ends meet and your family qualifies you may be eligible to receive housing assistance from Daytona Beach Housing Authority (DBHA). They offer federally funded housing vouchers and public housing options for families with very low incomes. You may also be eligible if there is a family member with a disability or who is elderly. We are going to discuss the DBHA and the options they offer for housing assistance.
Unfortunately, the housing voucher waiting list is closed like many across the country. We will discuss how it works, eligibility requirements, and how to find out when the waiting list reopens. You can find out even more about public housing and first choice/ section 8 housing vouchers by checking out some other articles in the section 8 product series.
- Learn how to apply for section 8.
- Section 8 vouchers explained.
- Low-income housing assistance.
- HUD housing applications can be completed quickly.
- We can tell you where to go to fill out a section 8 application.
- Read more about why you won't get section 8 immediately.
Home Choice Vouchers, Formerly Section 8
The federal housing assistance program formerly known as section 8 is now the home choice voucher program. The program is still the same with eligible families receiving vouchers that allow them to choose their own home with public housing authority (PHA) approval.
The main requirement to be eligible for the PHA housing assistance programs is families must make at or below the limits for very low income. Other requirements include all members of the family must be citizens or qualified immigrants and must provide social security cards with their social security numbers.
The program rules require that 75% of vouchers go to very low-income families. Based on the local median family income, low-income families can not make more than 50% of the local median family income. These are the income limits based on family size.
|Family Size||Very low-income||Extremely low-income|
There are a few reasons that a public housing application can be denied and there are some reasons that it is mandatory to deny an application.
Some reasons for mandatory denial include
- Family members were evicted from federal housing within five years for illegal drugs unless the family member has successfully completed an approved rehab program.
- Family members are currently engaged in illegal drug use (within six months).
- Ever convicted of manufacturing meth within a federal housing facility.
Getting Section 8 Assistance on Your Own in Daytona Beach
If you want to apply for public housing assistance in Daytona Beach you will need to contact your local PHA. We have located contact information for the Daytona Beach Housing Authority housing specialist in charge of new applicants and the waiting list.
- Tyvon Tobler
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: (386)-777-2586
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Housing Assistance in Daytona Beach
With many section 8 waiting lists closed you are not likely to be able to access a housing choice voucher right away. Don't waste time looking up the local housing authority and contacting the office just to be told the closed. Let DonotPay contact the PHA for you and let you know when the waitlist is reopened.
How to Apply for Section 8 Housing in Daytona Beach With DoNotPay
If you want to apply for Section 8 Housing in Daytona Beach but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 2 easy steps:
- Answer a few questions about your income, family size, veteran/disability status, which county you hope to live in, etc.
- DoNotPay will find the PHA in charge of that county and contact them with all of your eligibility information to determine if you can start applying. They'll get back to you directly via email with the next steps.
DoNotPay's Products Work Across Every County and State
The section 8 product offered by DoNotPay works in any county and state in the US. You can find out even more in these articles also from the section 8 product series.
- Check out section 8 rental assistance programs.
- Learn about section 8 government housing.
- We can explain the section 8 application form.
- All of your section 8 questions are answered.
DoNotPay Lets You Do More
With products from DoNotPay, you can get things done and get on with life. There are even more time and money savings to come when you use these products from DoNotPay as well.
- Save time while discovering and applying for scholarships.
- Learn more about reducing your property tax.
- DMV appointment made fast.
- Missing money can be found here.
- File a complaint or take the company to small claims court.
- Get free trials for free.
- Help with bills when you need them.
Join DoNotPay today to apply for housing vouchers in Daytona Beach without the wait!