How to Remove Credit Management LP From Your Credit Report
According to some studies, the average American may owe approximately $90,500 in debts. With that much money on the line, it can be difficult to keep up with mortgages, car loans, and other bills.
Companies, like , know that people sometimes struggle to handle the bills they owe. In some cases, they may be able to help you settle a debt, but mostly, they may further impact your damaged credit report.
Before you allow any company to further lower your credit score, know that DoNotPay is here. As a company, DoNotPay is designed to help you clear your name of negative marks against your credit and help you take control of those overdue bills.
What Is Credit Management LP?
is a company that most people never hear about unless they are in debt and falling behind on their payments. This is because they are a debt collection agency that may attempt to collect a debt for the original company or entity that you owe.
By entering into an agreement with the original creditor, this authorizes Credit Management LP to call you, write you, and email you regarding the debt you owe.
If you are receiving phone calls or messages in other ways from Credit Management LP, you should not attempt to ignore them. Therefore, if you want to contact them regarding your debt, or to get proof of it, you may contact them at
|Address||The Offices of Credit Management, LP
6080 Tennyson Parkway, Suite 100
Plano, TX 75024
|Phone Number||(800) 377-7723
Their office hours are Monday to Thursday 7:00 am - 9:00 pm, Central Time, and Fridays 7:00 am - 7:00 pm, Central Time.
How to Dispute Credit Management LP's Account Information?
If you feel that Credit Management LP is contacting you about a debt that you do not owe, it is within your right to dispute it. This may allow you to remove the charge from your credit report.
Through the Credit Management LP website, you can file a dispute and attempt to get them to drop the account if
- You Have Filed Bankruptcy
- Been a Victim of ID Theft or Fraud
- The Original Debt Holder Has Died
- You Have Specific Complaints Regarding Credit Management's Attempt to Collect Your Debt
To ensure that your account is disputed properly, you must provide Credit Management with any information that is relevant to your account. Depending on your situation, this may include
- Lawyer Information
- Case Numbers
- Proof of Identity Theft
- Death Certificate Copy
- Power of Attorney
- Statements and Proof of Your Reason for Disputing Debt
This information is in addition to your other identifying information.
Tips for Success on Cleaning Your Credit Report After Credit Management LP
Taking control of your credit is not simple. However, it is a necessary process if you want to improve your credit score. For the best chance at success, you will need to:
1. Monitor Your Credit Report
This should be done at regular intervals. Ideally, you will request your free credit report at least yearly.
2. Review All Information on Your Report
When you receive your credit report, you should look closely for any errors. Make sure to check not only your credit account information but your name, address, phone number, social security number, etc.
3. Look for Discrepancies
Does your account have a company name listed as a creditor that you do not recognize? Is a company saying that you owe much more than you actually do? These situations happen frequently and could mean that you need to look deeper into what is going on.
One common scenario, that may happen with Credit Management LP, is that they may purchase the account from your original creditor, but then your original creditor does not drop the charges. This leaves you with two charges and an even lower credit score.
4. Dispute Quickly Any Errors You Find
As soon as you see errors on your report, you need to take care of it and face it head-on. The easiest way to start the process is to contact the creditor, debt collection agency, and one of the three credit bureaus. You can plead your case through phone or through a dispute letter that includes information about why you feel the debt is not accurate.
Contact information for the three major credit bureaus:
Equifax Information Services, LLC:
Equifax Phone Number: (888) 548-7878
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374
Experian Phone Number: (888) 397-3742
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
TransUnion Phone Number: (800) 916-8800
Consumer Dispute Center
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016
In most cases, you only need to contact one of the agencies above to file your dispute. However, you are urged to contact any that have errors that are unique to their reports.
5. Document and Follow Up
If you are trying to remove inquiries or errors from your credit report, persistence is the key. It isn't enough to file a dispute. You must show that you are going to stay on it until the issue is solved.
What If You Cannot Clean Your Credit Report of Obvious Errors?
Unfortunately, attempting to prove that there are errors in your credit report is not always easy.
- How do you prove that you never lived at another address?
- How do you prove that you owe only $1,000.00 when Credit Management LP says you owe $1,500.00?
In situations like this, you may need to ask for help to clear your name of the charges against your credit report. This may mean contacting the creditors you owe or seeking advice regarding your accounts.
Before you spend a small fortune and endless hours trying to handle it through a lawyer, why not give DoNotPay a chance to help? The DoNotPay process is:
- Convenient: DoNotPay is available on your hours
- Simple: All it takes is the click of a mouse button and basic information to start.
- Effective: DoNotPay contacts everyone for you and then works to prove the validity of your dispute.
DoNotPay Can Help You Settle Issues with Credit Management LP
DoNotPay is the world's first online robotic lawyer group. This ensures that no matter what you are dealing with, you can have legal representation backing you.
If you want to clean up your credit report but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:
- Search Clean Credit Report on DoNotPay.
- Prepare a recent copy of your credit report that you can use as reference.
- Let us guide you through the 4 potential options:
- If you've already paid off your debt, we'll help you file a Goodwill Removal Request to get it removed.
- If you notice any errors in your report (we have a list of common errors you can use!), we'll help you file a credit dispute to the creditor or major credit bureaus.
- If there are no errors, we'll check if you're still eligible to file a debt validation request. If they can't validate your debt, they're required to remove it from your report and they can't collect it!
- Lastly, if none of the above options work, we'll help you file a pay-to-delete negotiation letter. You can customize the amount you are willing to pay in exchange for getting the item removed.
As a bonus for you, DoNotPay also offers a variety of other services to help you tackle the most complicated issues.
With DoNotPay, You Can Expect More Than Credit Management LP Solutions
Beyond clearing debts with , DoNotPay provides many other services that most people can appreciate. Some of our most popular services include:
- Canceling Subscriptions
- Drafting Financial Aid Appeal Letters
- Getting Airline Compensation
- Replacing Birth Certificates
- Car Registration Renewals
Before you attempt to handle complicated situations on your own, why not look at all DoNotPay can do for you? The office is always open. All you have to do is visit DoNotPay online.