All About The Costa Rican Consulate New York
Getting in touch with an embassy or consulate can be complicated, time-consuming, and tiresome, especially during COVID-19. This is why we’ve created a guide for you to use! This article will go over all of the contact details of the Costa Rican Consulate in New York, what services they provide, and how to reach them easily with DoNotPay!
Who Can Contact the Costa Rican Consulate in New York City?
Consulates work within a certain jurisdiction, which means that each consulate is meant to help the residents of certain states or counties. The Consulate of Costa Rica in New York offers services to those located in the following list of states:
- New Hampshire
- New Jersey
- Rhode Island
- New York
If you don’t live in any of these states, you can click here to find out which consulate is meant to help you.
Where Can I Find the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York?
The exact address of the Costa Rican Consulate in New York City is the following:
15 West 37th Street,12th Floor
New York, NY 10018
The Costa Rican Consulate in New York is located right by one of the city’s greatest landmarks, the Empire State Building! Only three blocks away to be exact. You can get there easily through public transportation; all the following subway and train stations are less than a 5-minute walk away:
- 34 Street - Penn Station (red line)
- 24 Street - Bryant Park Station (orange line)
- Time Square - 42 Street Station (yellow line)
- Time Square - 42 Street (red line)
- Grand Central Terminal
What Are the Best Ways to Get in Touch With the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York City?
|Address||15 West 37th Street,12th Floor
New York, NY 10018
|Phone||General Inquiries/ Information:
(908) 509-3067 (only meant for emergencies)
|Office Hours||Monday - Friday
9 am - 2 pm
Saturday - Sunday
Important COVID-19 Announcements Made By the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York City
Here is a summary of some of the statements and procedures which the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York have requested that you follow prior to visiting them:
- Currently, the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York City is not taking any walk-in appointments for any of their services. Therefore, an appointment must be made prior to visiting the consulate. They advise you to schedule this through their email or telephone number.
- The Consulate of Costa Rica in New York City recommends that prior to scheduling your appointment, contact them to make sure that you have all the required documents and forms for the service you need assistance with.
What Services Does the Costa Rican Consulate in New York Offer?
Here is a list of all the consular proceedings that the Costa Rican Consulate in New York City can help you with:
- Obtaining any of the following types of visas:
- Tourist Visa
- Provisional Visas (meant for students, teachers, and residents)
- Permanent residence procedures for Costa Rica
- Getting the Yellow Fever Vaccine prior to traveling to Costa Rica
- Authentication of: diplomas and certificates, legal documents.
- Power of attorney
- Marriage procedures for foreign nationals
- Application for certificate of delinquency
- Shipment of human remains to Costa Rica
- Authentication process (using the apostille service)
Furthermore, all the following procedures are exclusively available to Costa Rican Citizens:
- Renewal of Identity card
- Permits for minors to leave the country
- Letter of no objection (waiver)
- Obtaining a new passport
- Registration of children born abroad
How Can DoNotPay Help You Contact the Consulate of Costa Rica in New York City Faster?
With all the COVID-19 restrictions currently in place, getting an appointment with the Costa Rican in New York City can be more difficult than ever. Finding the answers to your questions can be stressful, time-consuming, and confusing. Not to mention, the number of calls they receive daily can leave you waiting on hold for a very long time.
But we have the solution, by using DoNotPay you can get in touch with any consulate/embassy incredibly fast! In just a few clicks, DoNotPay can send an email containing all of your concerns to the consulate/embassy of your choice. Here’s how it works:
1. Type in "Contact Embassy" on DoNotPay.
2. Select the embassy/consulate you want to contact.
3. Briefly explain the issue you wish to resolve and include any relevant information.
4. Enter “Costa Rica’’.
And you’re done! You can expect to receive a direct response from the Consulate General of Italy in Boston to your email address.
Other Consulates/Embassies DoNotPay Helps You Contact
- Philippine Consulate, Los Angeles, New York, San Francisco
- Chinese Consulate, Los Angeles, New York, and Chicago
- Nigerian Consulate, Atlanta
- Indian Consulate, Houston, New York, and Chicago
- Brazilian Consulate, Miami
- Russian Embassy, Washington DC