Sign Yourself Up for COPD Clinical Trials Now!
Chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) represents a group of lung conditions that cause patients to have difficulties with breathing. The two most common COPD conditions are pulmonary emphysema and chronic bronchitis. Treatments can keep the condition under control, but the breathing problems tend to get worse over time. To find more successful treatment, medical scientists carry out a number of clinical trials.
What To Expect From a COPD Clinical Trial
Symptoms of COPD are various and they interfere with a patient’s everyday life. Although patients report many more, these are the most common symptoms:
- Abnormal mucus production
- Chest tightness
- Legs, ankles, and feet swelling
- Lack of energy
Patients may also experience flare-ups—periods of time where these symptoms worsen. There are many medicines and treatments that help patients relieve their symptoms, none of which can cure the condition for now, though.
A clinical trial is, by definition, a type of carefully monitored medical research that is used to test new drugs, procedures, and treatments, and to check their effects on humans. Even if you don’t have a certain condition or disease, you can sign up for paid clinical trials for healthy volunteers.
In COPD clinical trials, the tested drugs are usually in their last few stages of development, and they are either supposed to cure COPD or improve existing therapies.
The goals of COPD clinical research are to:
- Evaluate new drugs for the condition
- Examine potential treatments for emphysema patients
- Find new and better ways to ease breathing difficulties in people with COPD
The Benefits You Can Get by Applying for COPD Clinical Trials
What we know is that COPD is currently incurable. That’s why researchers are constantly looking for clinical trial participants. By participating in COPD medical surveys, you can help revolutionize the search and speed up the process of developing new drugs and treatments. You can improve your condition and help many other people. The benefits of participating in COPD clinical trials include:
- Getting advanced treatment and therapy that is not yet available to the general public
- Getting the best health care during and after the trial
- Being involved in finding new and better COPD treatments
- Getting paid, potentially
Here is a quick overview of some of the current COPD clinical trials to show you what these studies usually entail:
|Type of COPD Study||Treatment/Drug||The Object of a Study|
|Prevention of acute worsening of COPD||Testing a new drug called metoprolol||Measuring metoprolol’s effect on exacerbation|
|Spiration Valve for emphysema||Testing a new treatment—the Spiration Valve||Improving patients’ lung function|
Always get as much information as you can before signing up for a clinical trial, since there are potential risks included:
- Treatment may not have the same effect on everyone
- Side effects may be unpleasant and dangerous
- Clinical trials may last for a long time
Here are some facts that may help:
- Every clinical trial must follow the protocol
- Every participant needs to sign an informed consent form
- Different participants go through different clinical trial phases
- You can decide to leave at any time
Who Can Be a Participant in COPD Clinical Trials?
If you are considering applying for a clinical trial, you are probably wondering if there are any requirements you should fulfill. You should know that not everyone is a good candidate for a certain clinical trial.
Before signing up, you must qualify by meeting specific requirements, even if you’re a healthy volunteer. Those requirements can vary from study to study, but some of them are recurring:
- Medical record
- Stage of disease
Each clinical trial has a different set of specific eligibility criteria that you can check before enrolling.
DoNotPay Can Help You Sign Up for Any COPD Clinical Trial
You can waste your valuable time searching for a medical study, or you can let DoNotPay help you find a clinical trial in no time. DoNotPay is the only platform that, by using matching algorithms and quick questionnaires, matches users with the best suiting studies. You can even set up filters for locations, safety, compensation, and individual preferences. The best part is that the process is simple:
- Open DoNotPay in your web browser
- Go to Clinical Trials
- Click Get Started
- Set up the filters
- Click on a study you like
- Click on the Contact Now button
When you finish the last step, we will send an email to the researcher whose clinical trial you chose. They will contact you after that to arrange the rest of the necessary procedures. With DoNotPay, you can also get a text notification as soon as a new study opens near you and improve your enrollment chances.
Where Else You Can Search for COPD Clinical Trials
If you are a COPD patient, your doctor should be able to give you information about ongoing trials related to your disease. You can also search for clinical trials online, in which case you have to be extra cautious, since not all the sources are reliable.
There are organizations founded specifically for COPD and other lung-related conditions, such as:
- Emphysema COPD Research Center
- UPMC, Center for COPD and Emphysema
- American Lung Association
- COPD Foundation
These organizations can provide you with all the information you need about ongoing studies, treatments, medicines, and such. You can find some other reliable websites for clinical trials in the table below:
|Website||What They Offer|
Check Out Other Great Features DoNotPay Has To Offer!
DoNotPay can help you find other pulmonary-related studies, like pulmonary fibrosis treatment or lung cancer clinical trials. Whether you are looking for immunotherapy, dermatology, or Parkinson’s clinical trials, or you’re searching for clinical trials in certain locations—St. Louis, Miami, or New Jersey—we can help.
Aside from helping you find and sign up for clinical trials, DoNotPay offers plenty of other features as well!
We can stop those annoying spam emails and texts, help you get refunds for delayed and canceled flights, and resolve any issue with traffic or speeding tickets.
All you have to do is access DoNotPay through your web browser. Check out this list to see some other problems we can help you with:
- Getting revenge on annoying robocalls
- Dealing with traffic tickets
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships in a matter of seconds
- Resolving your issues with credit cards
- Volunteering for other clinical trials
- Resolving issues with speeding tickets
- Ending text spam
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Freeing yourself from spam mail forever
- Getting refunds and chargebacks from companies
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Dealing with bills you cannot pay
- Signing up for any free trial risk-free
- Protecting yourself and your loved ones from stalking and harassment
- Suing companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment quick and easy
- Getting refunds and compensation from flight companies for delayed flights
- Contesting parking tickets