Ways to Contact Cook County Animal Control

Animal Control Ways to Contact Cook County Animal Control

How to Contact Cook County Animal Control Using DoNotPay

In the event of an animal bite or another animal-related injury, it is important to get in touch with your local animal control to keep others safe and help control rabies and other diseases. The Cook County Animal and Rabies Control department works tirelessly to ensure animal attacks are dealt with thoroughly and in a timely manner to keep its community safe and prevent the spread of diseases.

If you are the victim of an animal bite in Cook County, you must inform animal control as well as your local police department or sheriff's office so they can help you complete a Cook County Animal Control bite report. DoNotPay can help you gather the correct information and reach the right people so you can report your animal-related injury.

About Cook County Animal Control

The Cook County Department of Animal and Rabies Control was founded in 1954 when the Illinois Animal Control Act was enacted during a state-wide rabies epidemic. Cook County Animal Control involves the cooperation of local government, public health service providers, public education groups, and local media, as well as citizen participation, to meet its program goals and protect the community. According to their website, the Cook County Animal Control mission aims to:

  1. Prevent rabies transmission from animal to man through vaccination, registration, education, legislation, and surveillance.
  2. Decrease pet over-population by promoting spay and neuter programs.
  3. Ensure the compliance of quarantine protocol for all animal bite incidents to prevent the transmission of rabies.
  4. Prevent cruelty and abuse of animals pursuant to state and county laws.

Cook County Animal Control is responsible for surveying wildlife, overseeing spay and neuter programs, assisting with lost pets and stray animals, and investigating animal bites. If you have been bitten or injured by an animal, it is wise to contact Cook County Animal Control and file a report, and with the help of DoNotPay, you can avoid wait times on phone calls or a trip to the Cook County government offices. DoNotPay will ask for a little information and then do the rest of the work for you.

Reasons to Contact Cook County Animal Control

There are many reasons why you may need to contact Cook County Animal Control. They could include:

  • Reporting animal nuisance problems
  • Observing animal abuse
  • Seeking tips for pet safety
  • Reporting roadkill or abandoned pets
  • Reporting an animal bite or animal-related injury

How to Report an Animal-Related Injury to Cook County Animal Control

If you have recently been bitten or injured by an animal, it is important to report it as soon as possible. Bites to humans or their pets should be reported to the local police so that Cook County Animal Control can complete a bite report. Additionally, Cook County Animal Control will also want to have the biting animal examined by a veterinarian to ensure there is no risk of rabies spread. The Cook County Animal Control details are:

Address10220 South 76th Avenue in Bridgeview, IL 60455
Phone Number(708) 974-6140

After you have sustained an animal bite or injury, you may be in pain or suffering some kind of trauma. We understand that it is difficult to perform tedious tasks after such an event. DoNotPay can help you get in touch with your local police department and Cook County Animal Control, and we can work with them to file your report on your behalf.

In Illinois, animal bites must be reported to the local police within 24 hours of the incident. If someone else's pet injured you or your pet, its owner can be held responsible for the attack, and you may be entitled to a claim. In addition to helping you file an animal bite report, DoNotPay can also help you sue for the animal bite and seek the compensation you may deserve for your time and suffering. Our process can save you the time and money you’d spend hiring and working with a lawyer.

How Can DoNotPay Help?

There's no need to put extra work on yourself after a traumatic experience like an animal attack. If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

DoNotPay Works Across the United States

DoNotPay is not limited to working in Illinois. We help people deal with animal-related incidents across the United States. Check out a few other resources for filling a report:

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

If you need help filing a report after an animal-related injury, or if you would like to learn more about suing for compensation, we've got you covered. We can help you with a wide variety of issues, including:

Sign up for DoNotPay and learn about all the services we offer that can make your life easier!

Want your issue solved now?