The Ultimate Guide on How To Convert PPT to PDF
PPT is the acronym for PowerPoint which is the presentation file format created by Microsoft.
Various business and educational institutions use it as an efficient medium to deliver visual information to groups of people.
PDF, on the other hand, is the most popular document format today. It’s royalty-free and can be used on all major platforms.
The most common reason why people convert PPT to PDF is that PDF is a more universally accepted and compatible format for use with different software. It’s also easier to digest for people than a bunch of slides.
To be able to convert PPT to PDF, you must find specialized software for the purpose first. Still, that doesn’t mean you have to waste days searching for reliable file conversion software. You can use our File Converter instead! It is quick, safe, and easy to use—all you need to do is sign up for our service!
There are a number of methods you can use to convert PowerPoint presentations into PDF files. Some of these methods work better than others, so it’s important to choose the one that best suits your needs. You may choose between using:
- Offline file converters
- Online file converters
Using downloadable, third-party software usually requires more technical knowledge since the conversion process is not that simple. If you don’t plan on converting other files in the future, this option doesn’t make much sense because it typically requires learning how to use complex tools for a one-of conversion. Also, if you are in a hurry to convert your files, this isn’t exactly the best method for all the above reasons.
Keep in mind that you may already have a program on your computer for converting files so make sure you check that before downloading additional software.
This is a quicker and simpler solution because there’s no need to waste time downloading and installing third-party software. The conversion process looks pretty much the same with any online file converter. You’ll need to:
- Upload the file you want to convert
- Choose which file type you want to convert it to
- Press a button to initiate the conversion process
- Download your new file
The biggest issue with online converters is their unreliability. You’d often have to try out a few different ones until you stumble upon an online converter that will produce a high-quality PDF file, without making you wait another half hour for the conversion to be completed. There are also a lot of shady ones that will, at best, bombard you with ads, and at worse, infect your device with malicious software.
The most common downsides of free online converters you should be aware of are:
- Inability to edit converted files—Unlike offline converters, online converters don’t offer this option
- Risk of malware and viruses—If you use a sketchy file converter, chances are big you’ll download a file containing malware. This way, hackers can steal your data
- Poor quality of the converted files—Some file conversion websites only focus on conversion speed instead of the quality
- Slow conversion process if you have a slow internet connection
Another thing to keep in mind is that you shouldn’t expect your slides to be perfectly translatable into PDF format. While most of today’s software does a very good job of replicating the look and feel of PowerPoint, it never does a perfect job at replicating all that rich text formatting that gives PPT presentations their own look and feel, like fonts and bullets, etc.
There are several things you should check before using an online file converter. To protect your privacy and your computer from being hacked, you should:
- Find out which company (developer) made the converter
- Check the number of users the converter has and how long it’s been on the market
- Check whether it’s SSL encrypted
As a general rule of thumb, it is not safe to use a file converter that asks you for your private information before allowing you to convert your files.
There’s no need to worry about the safety of your files if you opt for our File Converter. It is quick, reliable and 100% safe. To protect your privacy, we will delete all the files you uploaded 24 hours after the conversion.
To get started, you must log in to your DoNotPay account. Once you’ve done it, what’s left for you to do is complete three simple steps:
- Open the File Converter product
- Upload your PPT file
- Pick PDF as the format you want to convert it to
After a few seconds, your file will be ready for download on the My Disputes page.
Remember you can convert an unlimited number of files using our File Converter. If you need to convert a presentation to another file type DoNotPay can help you:
- Convert PowerPoint to Word
- Convert PowerPoint to video
- Convert PowerPoint to Google Slides
- Convert Google Slides to Powerpoint
You can convert many different files besides PPT or PDF with our award-winning app, and we’ve prepared guides for converting them as well. Check them out in the table below:
Technology is advancing at a rapid pace, and it can be rather difficult to keep up. But there’s no need to worry if you’re not particularly tech savvy—DoNotPay got you covered!
With our easy-to-use app, you can compress any file, download videos from the web, and convert online videos to MP3 files, all with a few clicks. There’s absolutely no experience needed. Your files are 100% safe, and your privacy is ensured because we delete the converted and compressed files after 24 hours.
On top of file conversion, DoNotPay has hundreds of different products that automate boring tasks and streamline complex processes. And the best part is—you get access to all of them, so you can use our award-winning app to save a ton of time and money.
Here are just a few examples of what DoNotPay can help you with:
- Sign up for free trials without giving away your info
- Cancel any service or subscription with a click of a button
- Appeal parking tickets and dispute seatbelt tickets in any city
- Sue a company that has wronged you in small claims court
- Lower your monthly bills
- Get rid of email spam for good
- Find unclaimed money in your name
- Find free raffle tickets to earn real money or get awesome prizes
- File neighbor complaints and get peace of mind