How to Get a Copy of a Birth Certificate in Connecticut Fast
Looking for a seamless way of getting a birth certificate in Connecticut? You may know of someone who has encountered delays, the hustle of visiting the Connecticut State Department of Public Health-Vital Records Office several times, filling out numerous forms, or making repetitive queries to solve issues.
Well, you can avoid this by using the automated process of obtaining your authorized birth certificate in the city of Connecticut by DoNotPay . Our process is faster, more convenient, and less frustrating.
The Difference Between an Authorised and Informational Birth Certificate Copy
An authorized birth certificate is a certified and legal document that bears the stamp of the authority that issued it. You can use it to prove your identity and present it when obtaining a driver's license, passport, adoption, marriage applications, and other legal applications.
However, an informational birth certificate is a copy of the Birth Certificate and cannot be used to establish your identity. It is a printed security banknote paper with a stamp stating "INFORMATIONAL, NOT A VALID DOCUMENT TO ESTABLISH IDENTITY."
|Informational Birth Certificate||Authorized Birth Certificate|
|Typically used for:
||Typically used for legal purposes such as:
Who Can Get A Birth Certificate Copy In Connecticut?
The following persons can request a birth certificate from the city of Connecticut.
1. Requesting For Yourself
If you're 18 years or older, an emancipated minor, or a certified homeless youth, you can request your own birth certificate.
2. Requesting For a Minor
If you're the parent or legal guardian to a minor, you can request their birth certificate.
3. Acquiring a Birth Certificate For Legal or Investigative Reasons
This category is for either:
- An attorney-at-law is representing either the person named on the birth certificate or an eligible relative named in the birth certificate
- An agent of an approved state or federal agency
- A member of a Connecticut genealogical society
- A conservator
How Much Does It Cost To Get A Birth Certificate Copy In Connecticut?
It'll cost you $30.00 to get a birth certificate from the State of Connecticut Vital Records Unit. And if you visit the respective town or city of birth you'll pay $20.00.
Additional copies of both the normal size and wallet-sized birth certificate cost $30.00 each copy.
How Long Does It Take To Get A Copy of A Birth Certificate In Connecticut?
The birth certificate processing period and delivery via mail is about two weeks.
What Documents Do I Need To Get A Copy Of A Birth Certificate In Connecticut?
To get a birth certificate copy in Connecticut, you need to provide either one of the following documents:
- A government issued identity card
- Drivers' license
- US passport
When requesting a birth certificate from the State of Connecticut, you'll need to submit a government-issued photographic identification showing your name, date of birth, signature, and expiration date.
The identification document proves your identity and relation to the person you're requesting. If you don 't have one, you'll need to provide two complementary documents as guided by the Connecticut State of Public Health.
How Do I Apply For A Birth Certificate By Myself In Connecticut?
The process of getting a birth certificate for yourself in Connecticut can be tedious. It 'll involve filling out long government forms, doing several mailing-in checks, and navigating the difficult notarizations.
DoNotPay exists to give you peace of mind by doing all these tasks for you at an affordable fee. You can simply submit a request to DoNotPay and they'll deliver your birth certificate anywhere in Connecticut.
Get Your Birth Certificate Using DoNotPay Today
The DoNotPay birth certificate acquisition process is easier and faster. You'll avoid the hurdles that can lengthen the process such as making errors or mixing up the requirements.
One of the major difficulties is that it takes time to rectify any wrong submissions to the government office. Fortunately for you, DoNotPay is experienced in the process and knows exactly what is required, therefore making the process quick, easy, and seamless.
To make it that much easier for you, DoNotPay has simplified 8 steps that you can follow to get a Birth Certificate Copy instantly in Connecticut:
1. Go to the Birth Certificates product on DoNotPay.
2. Select who the certificate is for (you or a loved one). If you are requesting a copy of someone else's certificate, enter their personal details, and upload evidence that proves your relationship.
3. Enter the location you or your loved one was born in, so we can complete the form specific to your state.
4. Enter the name(s) of the parent(s) as displayed on the certificate.
5. Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
6. Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
7. Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
8. If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail-in your request form with a check on your behalf.
Why Is DoNotPay The Best Way To Get Your Birth Certificate?
DoNotPay is your best shot at getting your birth certificate in Connecticut fast because we take care of the entire birth certificate application process for you (including when replacing a lost birth certificate ).
Our online process eliminates the tedious trips to the post office and government offices. It is also sustainable since you 'll not be printing papers to fill out physical forms.
You'll enjoy the convenience of the virtual notary and check mail services to monitor the process of your birth certificate at your convenience.