Get a Copy of Your Collin County Marriage Certificate
Collin County keeps marriage certificates as proof of all the marriages contracted within the County. This means that you can get a copy of your from the County Clerk in case you lose yours or misplace it.
Marriage records in Collin County are public records. But, not everyone has access to the restricted information and can request a copy. The County accepts applications for a copy of a marriage certificate through mail.
If you have lost your marriage certificate and feel that getting a copy from the county clerk is quite complicated for you, let DoNotPay help you. DoNotPay has a Marriage Certificates product that will contact Collin County's vital records department, request a copy of your marriage certificate, and even pay the charges on your behalf.
What's the Difference between a Marriage Certificate and a Marriage License in Collin County?
A marriage certificate is a document used to prove that a marriage took place in Collin County. It contains all the essential details of the people involved.
On the other hand, a marriage license is a document that authorizes a marital union between two individuals. It shows that the two individuals intending to marry have fulfilled all the requirements for marriage as stipulated in the County and State laws.
Who Can Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Collin County, TX?
can only be given to the following people:
- Parties whose names appear on the marriage certificate.
- Immediate family members
- Designated attorneys
Since the marriage records are in the public domain, those not authorized to get the certified copies are given access to an informational copy. Such copies exclude the parties' vital information and can only be used for informational purposes.
How Much Does it Cost to Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Collin County?
The amount you pay for a copy of a marriage certificate may vary depending on your method of submitting your request, and whether you need an informal copy or a certified copy with a seal.
However, the County Clerk at the vital records department will give you a calculated amount for a copy of one certificate and how much you'll pay for more copies.
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Copy of a Marriage Certificate in Collin County?
You'll need to submit some information to get copies of your marriage certificate. See the table below.
|Information you’ll need to request a copy of a marriage certificate in Collin County||
This information should be followed by current government-issued IDs, such as driver's license, passport, or military ID.
How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Collin County by Yourself
allows you to submit your request by mail to the following addresses.
2300 Bloomdale Road
McKinney TX 75071
900 E. Park Blvd.
Plano, TX 75074
As of now, online applications are closed until May 4, 2022. Once they are re-opened, you can check for online applications through the County's website on the marriages page.
How to Get a Copy of Your Marriage Certificate in Collin County with the Help of DoNotPay
There is a faster and easier way to get a copy of your . DoNotPay is fast, and it will contact Collin County Clerk on your behalf to get your marriage certificate within no time.
If you want to Order/Get a Marriage Certificate Copy in Collin County but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 7 easy steps:
- Go to the product on DoNotPay.
- Select whether the certificate belongs to you or a relative/loved one. If it belongs to someone else, enter the details of both people on the certificate and select/upload evidence that proves your relationship with them. If the certificate is yours, enter the details of your spouse.
- Enter the city, state, and county where the marriage certificate was issued as well as the date it was issued.
- Indicate what you will be using this certificate for, and choose whether you need an authorized or certified copy.
- Enter your contact information and shipping address. Upload copies of your government-issued identification, such as a driver's license.
- Choose whether you would like to electronically sign this form or not. Once we generate the form, verify that all of the information is correct.
- If you need the document to be notarized, schedule a notarization appointment using our Notary product. Otherwise, proceed to our Mail Checks product and let DoNotPay mail in your request form with a check on your behalf.
And that's it! Your will be sent to Collin County. You should hear back from them within a few weeks with updates once your request has been processed. Now you can browse DoNotPay for other tasks we can accomplish for you.
More Ways to Use DoNotPay
DoNotPay can help you learn the following:
- Copy of a marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate
- Online marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate online apply
- How to fill out a marriage certificate
- Marriage certificate documents
Check out DoNotPay's Marriage Certificate product for more information.