How to Get Collier County Building Permits
Collier County is a beautiful and safe place to set up a commercial or residential building. If this is your plan, you need to know how to get a
Acquiring a building permit in Collier County is a process. There are several county-regulated procedures you must follow for you to get a building permit. On average, if a building plan review is successful, the Growth Management Division will take two days to release your building permit.
Fortunately, DoNotPay offers you convenience as you can track real-time changes and updates on the progress of your permit.
When Is a Building Permit Necessary in Collier County?
As long as you're renovating or setting up a structure in Collier County, Florida, you need to get a building permit. Failure to do that, you risk a fine, penalty, or total ban on the construction or renovation. Below is a list of the types of building construction work that requires a .
- New additions, alterations, or repairs of existing buildings like decks
- New construction
- Construction of sheds, garages, vaults, patios, and walls
- Swimming pool
- Canopies, signs, and awnings
- Fireworks stands and Christmas trees
There are several benefits of having a Collier building permit. They include:
- Assurance of the overall safety of a building
- Increased chances of getting financial help on your property
- Boosts the chances of a successful house sale
- Secures your property value
How to Get a Building Permit in Collier County?
The Growth Management Division (GMD) is responsible for issuing a building permit in Collier County. Previously, there were three ways to get a permit, but because of COVID -19 pandemic, there are only two. They are:
Collier County's website has a page that allows you to register to apply for a building permit. The GMD portal provides an option for choosing the service needed. In this case, it's in the building department. After selecting the category, log in if you have the details and create an account if you don't.
Afterward, you'll be required to submit relevant documents like construction costs and plans, proof of payment for the Collier County building permit fees, and the dimensions of the structure.
After submission, plan review can take up to 30 business days before getting a response. Notably, if you submit your proposal after 3:00 pm or on a holiday or weekend, the department will review it on the next business day.
To apply for a building permit via mail, you need to have the official county documents. You can either download the permit application from the GMD website or visit 2800 North Horseshoe Drive, Naples, FL 34104 to pick up the forms. In addition, you can call (239) 252-2400 in case of a question.
Fill in the forms with all the necessary information, make the payment and mail it back to 2800 North Horseshoe Drive, Naples, FL 34104
What Documents Do I Need to Get a Building Permit in Collier County?
The Growth Management Division in Collier County issues a building permit to individuals who submit the necessary documents needed for approval. These documents include:
- Site plan for building permit
- Architectural floor plans and building evaluations
- Technical details concerning the construction
- Demolition, structural engineering calculations, and drawings
- Electrical, plumbing, and mechanical drawings
- Technical details concerning the construction
- Compliance form and disability access
What Is the Cost of Getting a Building Permit In Collier County?
Below is a summary of the costs for different types of construction.
|Valuation of Construction Cost Between $750-$4,999||$100|
|New Residential Construction Greater Than 500 sq ft||$0.29 per sq ft|
|New Warehouse or Shell Construction Greater Than 500 sq ft||$0.145 per sq ft|
|New Built-Out Construction Greater Than 500 sq ft||$0.145|
|Commercial or Institutional Construction Greater Than 500 sq ft||$0.29|
|Alterations Under 500 sq ft for Both Commercial and Residential Buildings||$100 + $0.03 of declared valuation in excess of $5,000|
How to Apply for a Building Permit in Collier County With the Help of DoNotPay
Why waste time going from one office to another when there's a better alternative? DoNotPay saves you time and energy by allowing you to apply for a Collier County building permit in minutes.
If you want to apply for a building permit in Collier county without a hassle but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered. Create your own request letter in 6 easy steps:
- Go to the Planning Permissions product on DoNotPay.
- Choose one of the following options:
- Check whether your project needs a building permit or if it's exempt
- Generate a permission request letter to send to your HOA
- Generate a guide on how to complete the building permit application
- Choose the focus of your project (new ADU, pool, shed, fence, etc.) and answer a few questions about your plans, including the size of the structure and estimated cost.
- Indicate whether you're hiring a contractor and include the estimated start date and timeline for the project.
- Indicate whether any public sidewalk/street space will be used during construction.
- And that's it! DoNotPay will help guide you through the building permit process by checking if your project needs a building permit, contacting any HOAs you're a part of to request building permission, or generating detailed instructions on how to start and complete your building permit application process.
DoNotPay can help you obtain other building permits including:
- Palm Beach County building permit
- Los Angeles building permit
- Chicago building permit
- Sarasota County building permit
Why Use DoNotPay to Get a Building Permit in Collier County?
DoNotPay helps you get your building permit quickly, easily, and in a secure way. With the increase in population, building permits are increasingly in demand from the GMD offices. Therefore, it's not unusual to receive your permit later than expected. By using DoNotPay, you can conveniently get access to your building permit.