Connect With an Inmate at Coffeewood Correctional Center
Coffeewood Correctional Center is a medium custody prison located in Mitchells, Virginia. It opened in 1994 and currently houses over 1,160 adult males. Inmates with a lifetime sentence must be eligible for parole in order to be housed at this facility. When an inmate is taken in, he is evaluated both mentally and physically, and a full criminal history is taken. Visitation hours are on Saturdays and Sundays, but how can you start writing to inmates at Coffeewood Correctional Center?
DoNotPay can help you get in contact with an inmate at Coffeewood correctional center, whether you're looking for a loved one or want to give a random inmate a little hope and a friend. Contacting an inmate can be a hard and frustrating task if you've never done it before or don't know how to go about it, but DoNotPay can help you through the entire process easily.
Coffeewood Correctional Center Contact Information
Coffeewood Correctional Center has its contact information located publicly on its website.
|Physical Address||Coffeewood Correctional Center, 12352 Coffeewood Drive, Mitchells, VA, 22729|
|Phone Number||(540) 829 - 6483|
|Website||Coffeewood Correctional Center|
There is no email located on their website but visiting hours are on Saturdays and Sundays on a rotating schedule for inmates.
How to Contact Inmates at Coffeewood Correctional Center
Visiting an inmate at Coffeewood Correctional Center can be exceptionally difficult, and the application can take up to three months to be processed. The application is only for those who wish to visit an inmate in person or online, however, and you do not have to fill out an application to send an inmate a letter or email.
To visit an inmate:
- You must fill out an application first. This can take up to 90 days to be processed and expires after 36 months.
- Once you are approved, you can visit an inmate during the approved visitation hours.
- Contact the facility before you visit.
- Bring a government-issued photo ID. The name and address on the ID must match what the facility has on file with your application.
- You will be searched and passed through a metal detector.
Contacting an inmate through mail is easier than applying for visitation rights, but you still need to know how to address a letter to an inmate properly. You can send an inmate by using the following format for the mailing address:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Coffeewood Correctional Center
P.O. Box 500
Mitchells, VA, 22729
How to Send Funds to an Inmate at Coffeewood Correctional Center
There are several ways to send funds to an inmate at Coffeewood Correctional Center. It does require a bit of work, but the process generally isn't too hard though it is time-consuming. The funds sent to inmates are used to purchase necessities, as well as snacks, postage, pens, and several more items.
Before sending funds to an inmate, you will need to know the inmate's full name, identification number, and current location of the inmate.
- Walk-In: You can deposit funds into an inmate's account by visiting a MoneyGram location. Any CVS or Walmart can be used for this. But there is a deposit fee of $6.95, whether you're using cash or a debit card.
- Internet: You can deposit money through JPAY to an inmate's online account. The fee ranges from $2.95 to $9.95 depending on the amount of money you send. This can only be done with a debit or credit card.
- Phone: If you call JPAY at 1-800-574-5729, you can deposit money into an inmate's account over the phone. The fee ranges from $3.95 to $10.95 depending on the amount sent, and can only be done with a debit or credit card.
- Mail: Funds can also be sent through the mail from any US Post Office. You'll need to print and fill out a Virginia inmate money order deposit form and send that along with the money order, which should be made out to JPAY and include the inmate's name and ID number in the memo field. This money order should be sent to: JPAY, PO Box 278170, Miramar, FL, 33027.
Get in Touch With Your Loved One With the Help of DoNotPay
Contacting your imprisoned loved one can be difficult, especially if you're not sure where they are exactly. DoNotPay can help you find and get in contact with them though, whether you know their location or not. It's easy if you follow these steps:
1. Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
2. Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
3. If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
4. If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
5. If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
And that's it. DoNotPay will send a letter to your loved one or a prison pen pal on your behalf.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help with almost any issue you encounter, whether it's a legal or everyday problem. Aside from helping you write a prisoner at Coffeewood Correctional Center, DoNotPay can also help you
Don't miss out on your chance to use such an amazing and versatile service.