Everything You Need to Know About Coastal State Prison
Coastal State Prison is located in Garden City, Georgia. It is only about a 20-minute drive from Savannah. The medium-security prison houses up to 1,836 adult males.
Some educational opportunities are available to prisoners, including learning to read and earning a GED. Work opportunities are available that offer menial pay. These jobs include food services, janitorial, laundry, maintenance, groundskeeping, and warehouse work.
Coastal State Prison Contact Information
|Address||Coastal State Prison
200 Gulfstream Road
Garden City, GA 31418
How to Contact Inmates at Coastal State Prison
- During intake, inmates are asked to establish a list of up to 20 contacts of which they are permitted to call.
- To be on the contact list, the inmate must know their full name, address, and phone number
- Inmates may make outgoing collect calls and prepaid calls. The service provider for prepaid calls is Securus. While cheaper than collecting calls, Securus will charge a connection fee by the minute.
- The phone bank is generally available all day. However, calls are limited to 30 minutes. Call times may be reduced to 15 minutes during busy times.
- Inmates can enjoy mail communication with few restrictions. However, mail rights can be revoked for bad behavior.
- All incoming mail is inspected for contraband.
- Inmates can receive 3-5 photos at a time. Photos must be 4" x 6" or smaller. The photos cannot contain nudity or be sexual.
- You can use Amazon to send inmates books and publications. All books must be paperback. Any book or publication may not have sexual material, incite hate, promote criminal activity, or provide instructions on making contraband.
- Address all mail and packages to:
Inmate Name, ID Number
Coastal State Prison
P.O. Box 7150
Garden City, GA 31418
- Inmates are not allowed visitors during the diagnostic period. This normally takes 60 days from the time they are committed. Afterward, inmates may provide a list of immediate family members for visitation.
- If you are not in the inmate's immediate family, then you will need to complete a GDOC visitor application form.
- All visitors over the age of 16 need a government-issued photo ID.
- Visitors are not allowed to have cell phones.
- Visiting hours are on Saturdays, Sundays, and state holidays from 9:00 am - 3:00 pm.
Inmates at Coastal State Prison can receive money four ways: by phone, online, through over-the-phone deposits, and MoneyGram.
- MoneyGram deposits can be made at any kiosk that you would find in a CVS or Walmart. Use receiver code 6857. Include the inmate's last name after their ID number. For example, you would submit their ID as 1234567Johnson.
- Online deposits can be made with JPAY.
- Over-the-phone deposits are also made with JPAY by calling 1-800-574-5729.
- Mail deposits are again made through JPAY. Simply follow the instructions on GDOC's website for sending a money order.
Steps to Take Before Contacting a Prisoner at Coastal State Prison
Nearly all forms of contact require knowing the inmate's ID. You can use the GDOC to find an offender tool. This website, however, is known for being slow and confusing. DoNotPay is the easier way to find an inmate's ID by using our Find an Inmate product.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved Ones in Coastal State Prison
- Trying to work with the Georgia Department of Corrections can be incredibly frustrating.
- It's no secret that in Georgia, the needs of inmates' families are often neglected.
- If your loved one has been relocated, they may not receive their mail.
- Communication and travel is expensive.
- DoNotPay is here to help.
How DoNotPay Can Help
- Write a Prisoner. Our Write a Prisoner digital tool makes postal communication easier than ever before. All you do is write, and we'll print and ship everything for you.
- Inmate Visitation. We know all the ins and outs of Georgia's visitation rules. If you have any difficulties with visitation, DoNotPay can help.
- Prison Pen Pals. We can help you get in touch with an unknown prisoner at Coastal State Prison to become Pen Pals.
How to Use DoNotPay to Connect With a Prisoner
You can connect with an inmate at Coastal State Prison by following these five easy steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
- Dispute Parking Tickets
- Connect with an inmate at Coastal State Prison
- Reduce Property Taxes
- Writing letters to inmates
- Chargebacks and Refunds
- Airline Flight Compensation Hacks
- File a complaint against a neighbor
- Help With Bills
- Appeal Banned Account