How to Request Your CMC Medical Records the Easy Way
As a patient, you are entitled by law to have access to your personal medical records. This is granted under the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). Enacted in 1996, this act provides universal protection for your health information, and also outlines how you or your designated representative may access your health information.
There are various reasons why you might require your medical records in an instant such as:
- Requiring emergency care while traveling
- Transferring doctors to seek a second opinion
- Making plans with your family that involves healthcare decisions
No matter what you need your medical records for, DoNotPay can help you access your or other health information.
It can be hard finding someone who will patiently answer all your questions with regard to processes and policies. Good thing you can take advantage of DoNotPay’s expertise. Ask us all your questions about obtaining electronic health records or how long medical records are kept. We will be glad to guide you through it all.
Obtaining CMC Medical Records on your Own
Requesting medical records is not as easy as calling up your doctor and asking them to mail them out. To obtain medical records from Community Medical Center in Falls City, Nebraska, you must follow specific procedures so that CMC can ensure that they are releasing your records legally.
Below is the Community Medical Center contact information:
|Phone||402-245-6550 (Health Information Management Department)|
|Address||3307 Barada Street
P.O. Box 399
Falls City, NE 68355
Step By Step Procedure for Obtaining Personal Information
It’s easy to get confused and feel frustrated when dealing with paperworks especially when you’re doing it for the first time. To ensure your request for your is handled in a timely manner, be sure to follow the instructions so that your request is not delayed or denied.
- Complete an Authorization for Release (Disclosure) of Information form. You can obtain a form in one of two ways:
- Download the form by clicking "Medical Records"
- Call the Health Information Management Department and request a paper form
- Ensure that your form is properly filled out.
- It must be addressed to the facility (the releaser of your information)
- It must designate the name of the person, company, or agency who is authorized to receive your information (this can include a family member, doctor or medical practice, etc.)
- It should include the time/date of service for which the information is being requested.
- The form must be signed by you (the patient) or your legally qualified representative.
- Must be dated at the time of hospital service or any time after
- All requests for copies of your medical records require a twenty-four (24) hour notice.
- Be advised that there may be a fee charged for copies of records.
- Mail or Fax this form to:
Community Medical Center Health Information Management 3307 Barada St., P.O. Box 399 Falls City, NE 68355 Phone: 402-245-6550 Fax: 402-245-6650
Requesting Medical Records for Minors
When the information requested is for a minor (aged 19 or under), the authorization form must be signed by a parent, and/or a legal guardian if the minor is in court-ordered guardianship.
Requesting Medical Records for Deceased Patients
When the patient is deceased, the authorization form must be signed by a legally qualified individual who must also provide proper identification, such as:
- Power of Attorney
- Executor or Administrator of the patient's estate
- Next of Kin
To obtain a copy of a legal birth certificate for a birth that happened at Community Medical Center, you can contact Nebraska's Department of Health and Human Resources for more information. (Or, read on to find out how DoNotPay can help you access birth certificates the easy way too!)
Website: Nebraska Birth Certificate Information
Address: DHHS Vital Records Department, P.O. Box 95065, Lincoln, NE 68509-5065.
Failing to provide supporting documents can lead to your request being denied and ultimately, a waste of your time and efforts. Inaccurate details or missed entries in your forms could also cause delays or worse not hearing back from the hospital’s records department.
DoNotPay Will Quickly Retrieve Your Medical Records
It’s easy to get confused with each hospital or medical office implementing varying procedures and forms on how to request medical records. With the aid of DoNotPay, you no longer have to worry about filling out medical request release forms or transferring your medical records.
DoNotPay can save you time by requesting your medical records on your behalf! In fact, we can help you request records from multiple facilities so you have access to all of your health history, medical procedures, test results, and diagnostic treatments in one place.
DoNotPay is an expert on filling request forms out. This ensures you are submitting duly completed forms and well-written letters of request that will eventually help you successfully get you your necessary medical records.
Here’s how to request medical records using DoNotPay:
- Look up medical records on DoNotPay's website.
- Enter the name of the health care provider you'd like to receive medical records from.
- Answer a few questions about your provider and where you'd like to send the records.
More Help With Your Health Records
DoNotPay’s expertise is not limited to obtaining your medical documents from CMC. We cover major hospitals and healthcare providers so rest assured you can rely on us.
We can assist you with requesting:
- Kaiser medical records
- Mercy medical records
- Baptist medical records
- Cleveland Clinic medical records
DoNotPay can help you obtain records from other hospitals and healthcare facilities across the nation.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
In addition to addressing your medical records concerns and requesting medical records for you, DoNotPay can help solve a variety of problems, including:
- Obtaining Birth Certificates
- Creating a Power of Attorney
- Navigating Advance Health Care Directives
- Filing a Complaint
- Negotiating Bills
- Requesting Sick Leave
- Suing in Small Claims Court
Whatever your need, the world's first-ever Robot Lawyer is prepared to solve your problems for you. Download DoNotPay right now and take charge of your life with the help of an app.