All You Need To Know About The Clinton Correctional Facility
Clinton Correctional Facility holds males requiring maximum security supervision. The New York institution, sometimes called Dannemora, offers numerous programs to help these men learn to better themselves thanks to the city it resides in. Hence, they improve their chances of turning their lives around once it comes time to get back to the real world. Anger management, drug, and alcohol treatment, counseling services, and more are offered here.
As a family member or friend of someone locked up, you may struggle yourself. Let DoNotPay help you connect to an inmate at Clinton so you can get the communication you need for your mental well-being.
Contact Information for Clinton Correctional Facility
CCF can hold more than 2900 inmates, though not all beds are taken up at all times. With this many people in the place, it's essential that you note the exact name and inmate number on your communications, so things get sent to the correct person. This institution runs a garment shop where some of the men work. Additional vocational training options are also available, from computers and printing to custodial and electrical work.
|Physical Address||1156 Rt. 374
Dannemora, New York 12929
|Website||Clinton Correctional Facility’s website|
Contacting a CCF Inmate
You will not use the physical address of Clinton Correctional to contact your loved one. Instead, you must send communications to a P.O. Box. You may also receive calls, send packages, send money, or visit face-to-face as long as you're approved to do so.
CCF Inmate Mail Protocol
The protocol for sending mail to a CCF inmate is writing both:
- Their name
- And their inmate ID number
on the front of the envelope. You will then address it to
Clinton Correctional Facility
1156 Rt. 374 - P.O. Box 2001
Dannemora, NY. 12929
You may only send traditional cards and letters. Do not send anything more significant than eight by ten size, and do not include any perfume, glitter, lipstick, oils, etc., to the envelope or its contents within. They may go undelivered. It is also possible to send photos, but only include a few at a time and ensure you have the correct amount of stamps for the weight.
CCF Inmate Visitation
Overall, visitation at CCF is possible daily. The visitation hours range from 8:30 am to 3 pm. However, you must arrive by 2 pm at the latest to still get seen that day. CCF inmates may only receive one visit per day, although three people may be permitted at once. A few other rules apply:
- Inmates in the Special Housing Unit may only receive one visit per week.
- Weekend visits are determined by the inmate's last name, in alphabetical order.
- An overcrowded visitation room will have visitors reduced as officers see fit.
It's also important to note that just because you've been a pen pal to a prisoner does not mean you will be accepted as a visitor. Everyone wanting to attend visitation time must apply and wait for CCF's approval before getting on the schedule.
The Money-Sending Process
The process for sending money to a CCF inmate varies.
- Send a money order to the prison with the person's name and ID number included.
- Deposit up to $50 in person when you attend your scheduled visitation.
The Package-Sending Process
Packages may get sent to a CCF inmate if they come from an approved vendor. For example, you can use Amazon for brand-new magazines, books, and publications. No nudity, discussion of drugs, weapons, or other off-limit topics are allowed.
Most inmates can get two food packages per month. They may also receive a package containing clothing, art supplies, and toiletries.
Use approved companies such as Walkenhorst's and Access SecurePak for these items.
Need Help Locating Your Loved One? DoNotPay Finds Them
DoNotPay will find an inmate at Clinton Correctional Facility if you don't have their ID number to send communications. You will then be able to use our services to connect easier, whether you want us to send a letter on your behalf or wish to set up an online inbox.
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one.
Can DoNotPay Connect Me to Anyone Else?
Connecting you with an inmate located at Clinton Correctional Facility is only one of many services. DoNotPay can help you connect to many more types of people, whether it's:
- A government official in your area
- An insurance agent so you can make a claim
- The customer service team at Planet Fitness
- New York animal control
- or any other important person
DoNotPay can make things happen for you. All you have to do is sign up.