How to Stay In Touch With Inmates at Clements Unit
More About Clements Unit
Clements Unit is an all-male facility that's located in Amarillo, Texas. Established in 1990, the facility was named after Governor William P. Clements, and it sits on over 500 acres of the sprawling landscape. Clements Unit has a capacity for over 3,700 inmates, offering a variety of educational, vocational, and agricultural programs so residents can earn their GED or learn a trade during their incarceration. The current senior warden is Adam Gonzales, and he oversees a staff of over 1,050 employees.
Here's the general contact information for Clements Unit.
|Address||William P. Clements Unit
9601 Spur 591
Amarillo, TX 79107-9606
|Phone Number||(806) 381-7080 (**037)|
|Website||Clements Unit (BC)|
How to Get in Touch With Inmates at Clements Unit
There are several ways to get in touch with an inmate at Clements Unit in Amarillo, TX. Depending on whether you'd like to write to a prisoner or visit them in person, you'll need to carefully research the procedures that are in place for the facility. That way, you'll be able to successfully communicate with your loved one without being turned away. Here are several ways you can get in touch with an inmate at Clements Unit.
inmate visitation at Clements Unit is scheduled on Saturdays and Sundays between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm. You do not need to schedule an appointment ahead of time. If your inmate is in the Expansive Cell Block, they can have visitors by appointment only during regular business hours, Monday through Friday.
Additionally, visitors are allowed to bring one Ziploc bag that contains up to $20 in quarters. These can be used in the vending machines onsite.
If you'd like to send money to an inmate at Clements Unit, you can have six options. They are:
- Send a money order or cashier's check
- Set up a monthly checking account debit (ACH)
- America's Cash Express (ACE)
- Use the eCommDirect Store
- TouchPay Payment Systems
You cannot send cash or personal checks directly to an inmate. If you're not sure how to send money, you can follow the instructions that were provided by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice.
If you do send money, and you'd like to know whether it was received, you can call (936) 438-8990. You'll need to provide the following information.
- Inmate TDCJ number
- Inmate name
- Your name
- Deposit amount
- Date it was sent
Once you've provided this information, they'll be able to verify that the funds were received.
Clements Unit allows inmates to receive certain packages, but they do reserve the right to inspect and reject any package that violates the correspondence rules. Family members are encouraged to send letters to inmates, and they can include 4x6 photos, as long as they're not offensive.
Additionally, inmates are allowed to receive books and magazines. They must be paperback, appropriate, and be sent directly from a reputable store, like Amazon. If you have questions, call the facility and ask them directly.
Here's how to address a letter to an inmate at Clements Unit:
Inmate Name, ID Number
9601 Spur 591
Amarillo, TX 79107-9606
Your inmate will be asked to provide a list of telephone numbers they'd like to call during incarceration. You will also need to register your number by calling 1-866-806-7804 or by going to texasprisonphone.com.
Most inmates will have access to phones between 7:00 pm and 10:00 pm each evening, and phone calls are limited to 20 minutes in length.
Communicate With Your Loved Ones With DoNotPay
If you'd like to write a letter to an inmate at Clements Unit, you'll have to do a lot of research. Sometimes the process can be confusing, and there can be countless hoops to jump through. DoNotPay can provide the easiest way to locate and contact your loved one, so you can continue to communicate throughout their incarceration. All you'll need is:
- Inmate ID or Booking Number
- Name of the prison
- Unit where the inmate is located
Simply use DoNotPay's Connect With an Inmate product to locate and communicate with your loved one.
Locate Your Loved One With DoNotPay
To locate your loved one, simply follow these steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
That's it! With DoNotPay's help, you'll soon be corresponding with your loved one.
Other Ways DoNotPay Can Help You
DoNotPay can help with a variety of problems. Don't waste your time trying to solve them yourself. Here are some things DoNotPay can do for you:
- Handle credit card issues
- Cancel memberships
- Jump the phone queue so you don't have to waste time on hold
- Stop receiving robocalls
- Sue companies in small claims court
- Schedule DMV appointments
- Get refunds for canceled flights
- Dispute parking tickets
- Handle unpaid bills
- Stop text spam
- Sign you up for clinical trials
- Protect your work against copyright infringement
- Contact loved ones who are in prison
- Protect you from harassment
- Obtain refunds that you're owed
- Sign up for free trials
- Stop spam mail forever
- Signing up for services
- Find unclaimed funds
Life's too short to waste a single minute doing tedious tasks. Trust DoNotPay to do the busy work so you can live life to the fullest.