How to Conduct a Clackamas Warrant Search Online
The Sheriff's Office Records Unit processes 9,500 public records requests each year, as well as entering and maintaining around 9,750 arrest warrants. Because law enforcement is under no obligation to inform citizens if there is a warrant for their arrest, many of the subjects of these warrants have no idea that they're wanted by the police until their information is run on a routine traffic stop or when attempting international travel. Suddenly, they find themselves in a difficult and embarrassing legal situation. DoNotPay provides you with a way to learn if there is a so that you can take care of the matter on your own terms.
What Is an Arrest Warrant and Why Are They Issued?
An arrest warrant is issued by a judge or magistrate. It is supported by a signed affidavit showing that there is probable cause for the police to believe that this individual has committed a crime. The warrant authorizes law enforcement to arrest and detain the individual so that they can answer to the charges against them in court. There are some different types of arrest warrants, including:
|Felony warrants||These are issued to apprehend an individual accused of committing a serious crime.|
|Misdemeanor warrants||These are required if the offense was not committed in the view of the police.|
|Bench warrants||These are issued when an individual fails to show up for a required court appearance.|
|Child support arrest warrants||These are issued if the individual fails to pay child support as ordered.|
|Failure to pay warrants||Which are issued if the individual failed to pay a court fine or fee as ordered.|
How to Find Out if You Have an Arrest Warrant in Clackamas County
The provides two ways for individuals to find out if there is an arrest warrant against them.
- The individual can request this information by calling the Records Department at either 503-722-6691 or 503-785-5200.
- The individual can enter their name into the search bar on this page.
This information can also be obtained through various warrant search websites online. However, not all of these websites are legitimate and many require a fee -- sometimes even as much as $50 -- to obtain the information.
The Problems With Searching for Warrants in Clackamas County
While the Sheriff's Office does provide multiple methods for individuals to learn whether there is an arrest warrant against them, many individuals have problems with these methods, including:
- Concerns with contacting the Sheriff's Office directly to ask for this information, as it could lead to their arrest.
- Concerns with inputting personal information or even credit card information on questionable search sites.
What Happens if You Have an Arrest Warrant in Clackamas?
Several things can happen if you have an arrest warrant, such as:
- You can be arrested at any time and detained until the legal matter that resulted in your arrest is cleared up. Resolving the issue may be as simple as paying a fine, or as complex as facing felony charges, depending on the reason for the warrant.
- Information about the warrant can appear on criminal history checks performed by employers for jobs that require a high level of security.
It should be noted that arrest warrants generally do not expire, meaning there could be a warrant from many years ago that could cause you to be arrested today.
DoNotPay Can Do a Clackamas Warrant Search For You
If you're running low on time or you've run into some of the issues listed above, DoNotPay offers another way to easily and privately search for arrest warrants that may have been issued against you or your loved ones. Simply follow these four steps:
- Go to the Check for Warrants product on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to search for yourself or someone else, and answer a few questions to help us narrow down the search results, including current and previous addresses, age, the names of parents/relatives, and any known aliases.
- Select how you would like to receive the results in the case where we have to contact the police station on your behalf (by mail or email).
- Enter your contact information, including email, address, and phone number.
That's it. From here, DoNotPay will scan public records on your behalf to check for warrants that you or your loved ones have against you. Copies of any matching warrants in your name will be sent to you by mail or email.
DoNotPay Can Help With Many Common Tasks
Knowing about warrants that have been issued against you can allow you to settle the matter on your own terms, rather than being the subject of a surprise arrest.
- How to find out if someone has a warrant online.
- FDLE warrant search
- Texas warrant search
- Utah warrant search
- Sedgwick County warrant search
- Oklahoma warrant search
- Las Vegas warrant search
- Colorado warrant search
- How to find out if you have a bench warrant
- Harris County warrant search
DoNotPay provides many other products to help with common, everyday tasks such as the ones listed below.
- Small Claims Court
- File a Complaint
- Defamation Demand Letters
- Compensation for Victims of Crime
- Connect With an Inmate
- Notarize Any Document
- Sex Offender Search
Want to know more about how DoNotPay can help you save time, money, and stress on the tasks that clutter your day? Sign in or sign up today!