How to Contact the Citi Mortgage Lien Release Department Fast
There are few things that are as scary as learning that a company holds a lien against you as a result of being behind on debt. Getting that notice can leave you with a sinking feeling that you might never recover from what has happened, and that is a terrible place to be mentally. Thus, it is important that you know what to do if you ever find yourself in need of speaking with the .
You may discover that they are willing to work with you, but you need to know what to do and how to make it happen. DoNotPay can assist in guiding you through this challenging process.
What Is a Lien?
This is a term that refers to to take some of your property in the event that you do not pay debts that you owe to them. Obviously, no one wants to be subject to a lien, but it is the only way that some lenders can get people to pay the money that they rightfully owe for certain expenses. It is not surprising to learn that the lenders don't want to pursue a lien if they don't have to, but sometimes they feel that they are backed into a corner and have no option but to do so.
Before a lien is acted upon, the lender will do everything in their power to try to get you to pay the money that you rightfully owe them. They will make arrangements with you if possible. A few things that they may do include:
- Calling you to try to get you to pay the money that you owe
- Sending letters to let you know that you owe money
- Try to work with you on an alternative payment arrangement to avoid having to go to a lien situation
It is best for you to speak with your lenders and explain your situation. They want to work with you more than you realize, and they can be flexible in helping you out if you just take them up on their offers. That said, if you bury your head in the sand and ignore them when they reach out, they will lose patience with you, and that is when things can go south in a hurry. Don't take a chance like that.
How To Get Out of a Citi Lien
There are ways that you can straighten things out with the . If you call and speak with them, you may be able to get out of the lien that they have put against you if one of the following things is true:
- You have paid off the balance of your debt in full
- You have made a payment arrangement with them that allows you to get released from the lien
- The statute of limitations has expired on the lien
- The lien was improperly applied to your account in the first place
You will be lucky if one of these things applies to your case, but that doesn't mean you can rule it out entirely. There is a chance that one or more of these situations is exactly what you are experiencing at this time. If that is the case, then you try to get in touch with the Citi mortgage lien release department to get this lien removed from your account.
Getting in Touch With Citi Mortgage Lien Release Department
Want to get in touch personally with the to try and process your Request for Satisfaction of Mortgages? Try any of the following ways to do that:
|Online||You have four options:
PO BOX 6771
Sioux Falls, South Dakota 57117
|Telephone (and TTY)||Citifinancial Customer Service
Phone: (800) 922-6235 | 1-800-248-4638
Mondays to Fridays: 8:00 AM to 10:00 PM ET
Saturdays: 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM ET
|Address to: CitiFinancial Customer Service
Note that this option is especially recommended for inquiries and requests for lien release of judgments and/or mortgage liens. There is, however, no definite turnaround time on action.
DoNotPay Will Help You Out
There are a lot of things that DoNotPay can do to help you out when it comes to taking care of a mortgage lien. DoNotPay is there for you, because they know just how scary it is to face something like this on your own, especially if you’re not familiar with the process. That is why they have created the following system to help those who come to them looking for some assistance:
- Search for Remove My Lien on DoNotPay.
- Start DoNotPay’s Remove My Lien product.
- Answer some questions about your specific lien and let DoNotPay help you craft a letter to your creditor to resolve the issue.
Take just those three steps and you should be all set. You don't have to stress so much about the lien that Citi has put against you once you know that you have the power of DoNotPay coming to the rescue to help you out.
What Other Liens Concerns Can DoNotPay Help You With?
Need assistance with your other lien concerns or are you looking to help friends and family with theirs? DoNotPay is more than ready to provide the help you need, be it about liens on your house, property, or income:
- How to find out if there is a lien against you
- How to find out if there is a lien on your house
- Removing lien on your property
- Finding out if there is a tax lien on your credit report
- Removing state tax from your public record
- How to fill out a lien release form (AKA, request for release of mortgages, as discussed in this article)
- Learn what a lien release on your car would require
- What to do when selling a car with a lien on it.
Are There Other Ways That DoNotPay Can Help?
DoNotPay has built its entire business on helping people solve life's problems. They work tirelessly to make sure they have the most up-to-date information and the greatest ability to help you when you need assistance with some bureaucratic needs. Thus, DoNotPay also offers the following programs to those in need:
- Breach of contract
- Clinical trials
- Connect with an inmate
- Fight text spam
- Get free trials and don't get charged
Essentially, anything and everything that they could possibly do to help make life a bit easier for you is within reach. You just need to speak with them and see what they can do to help you get the assistance you need to take care of life's little hiccups today.