Traveling to China—Tourist Visa Invitation Letter Clarified
China is a country of many natural and man-made wonders. Before you start planning your visit to the Great Wall of China or the Yangtze River, you will have to meet multiple administrative demands to obtain your visa.
A part of the application process will be to get a China tourist visa invitation letter. In this article, we present basic information about an invitation letter to China and a tourist visa application for this country.
You can get even more details and prepare for your trip thoroughly by relying on our app. Sign up for DoNotPay and get everything you need to file an application for your Chinese tourist visa successfully.
The answer depends on whether you were invited to stay with your friends during your trip to China. If that is the case, you will need to submit an invitation letter from your host to the Chinese embassy when applying for the visa.
You will not need this letter if you are traveling as a tourist and not as a guest. In that case, you will have to submit proof of either hotel reservation or ticket booking.
The visa invitation letter has a standardized structure, and it should include the following sections:
- Date and the name of the recipient
- Statement from your host about invitation
- Your personal information:
- Name on the passport
- Phone number
- Relationship with the host—friend, family, partner
- Personal information of your host:
- Their name
- Passport number
- City they are staying at and the company they work for
- Whether they are a U.S. passport holder
- Address of your host in China
At the end of the letter, your host should ask the embassy or consulate to grant you permission to stay with them during your trip. With the invitation letter, your host should also submit a copy of their passport.
Getting the invitation letter is only the first step towards obtaining your visa for China. Aside from that, you need to submit a:
- Passport that stays valid for six months after your date of arrival to China
- Completed application form that you can find on the China Visa Application Service Center website
- Passport-size photo not older than six months
- Previous Chinese visa—if you’ve already traveled to China
Once you’ve gathered all the required documents, you can start the visa application process. Here is what you should do:
- Check if you have all documentation (from an invitation letter to flight tickets)
- Complete the online application form
- Make an appointment with the embassy online or in person
- Submit all gathered documents and pay the tourist visa fee ($140)
To receive your visa, you will have to wait four business days. You can also request for:
- Express application—You will get a visa in two or three days and pay a fee of $165
- Rush application—Your visa will be ready to use within a day, and it will cost $177
When applying for a tourist visa, you might feel overwhelmed by the requirements and the extensive list of documents you need to provide. Instead of checking out places you want to see during your vacation, you might find yourself knee-deep in confusing paperwork.
It doesn’t have to be that way! By using DoNotPay’s Tourist Visa Guide feature, you will get all the right information so that you can complete your application process stress-free. Our app creates tourist visa guides according to your travel needs.
To use our product to your advantage and get your visa effortlessly—you should
- Log in to DoNotPay
- Select the Tourist Visa Guide tool
- Confirm that you have a valid U.S. passport
- Enter the name of your destination country
With the details you give us, we will create a list of visa requirements that you can rely on while gathering your documentation.
If you need a travel visa to enter your destination country, DoNotPay can help you in various ways. You can use our Tourist Guide Tool to:
- Receive a manual for the tourist visa application process in a country you want to visit
- Get the valuable info about the necessary paperwork
- Receive a direct link to the visa application form (if available)
- Contact the embassy to learn how to submit your visa documentation
Is your plan to see all that Asia has to show you? If your answer is “Yes,” you should prepare everything on time.
Check out DoNotPay’s knowledge base and find a solution for any tourist visa problem. Take a look at our comprehensive tourist visa guides shown in the table below:
The primary purpose of our app is to provide you with practical tools that can speed up all the drawn-out tasks you must complete. All you need to do is choose a suitable feature from our offer and get your problems solved in a heartbeat!
Once you create an account with DoNotPay, you can:
If you are being stalked by somebody or discriminated against at work, we will do our best to help you fight for justice and report the case accordingly! We will also safeguard your creative work from copyright violation and ask for violent crime compensation on your behalf.