How to Get In Touch With a Chillicothe Correctional Institution Inmate Fast
Do you have a friend or loved one incarcerated at Chillicothe Correctional Institution? If you want to get in touch with them, you'll need to follow specific steps and guidelines enforced by the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction (ODRC).
Contacting inmates can be a confusing and frustrating process if you go through the official channels. We’ll show you how. If you want to find and connect with a Chillicothe Correctional Institution inmate without breaking the rules or spending hours trying to figure out what's allowed (and what's not), you can save time and stress with DoNotPay.
About Chillicothe Correctional Institution
First opened in 1966, Chillicothe Correctional Institution (CCI) in Chillicothe, Ohio, houses up to 2,950 inmates on 72 acres. While CCI is generally thought of as a medium- and high-security prison, in 2011, it opened up a facility for death row inmates requiring less stringent security than more dangerous offenders.
One of CCI's notable rehabilitative programs is its dog training apprenticeship. The prison partners with a local animal rescue organization so inmates can help give pets a better chance at finding good homes while enjoying the emotional and psychological benefits of interacting with and caring for the animals.
CCI is sometimes confused with Chillicothe Correctional Center (CCC) in Chillicothe, Missouri.
CCI General Contact Information
|Physical Address||Chillicothe Correctional Institution
15802 State Route North 104
Chillicothe, OH 45601
How to Get an Inmate's ID Number
Before you can get in touch with an inmate at CCI in Ohio, you'll need the following information:
- The inmate's legal name
- The inmate's ID number
You can run an inmate information search to locate this information on the Ohio Department of Rehabilitation & Correction Offender Search website.
How to Contact a Chillicothe Correctional Institution Inmate on Your Own
Once approved, you must make a reservation by email or phone:
- 740-774-7086 (for cancellations)
- Morning session - 8 a.m. - 12 p.m.
- Afternoon session - 1 p.m. - 3 p.m.
- Closed for the following holidays New Year's Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas Day
There is a list of items that are prohibited from being brought into the facility. Anyone who doesn’t follow the rules is subject to losing visitation rights or arrest. All visitors, including children, must follow a stern dress code.
Here are the important facts about sending postal mail to an inmate within the ODRC prison system:
- CCI staff will open and review all mail, other than legal correspondence.
- Colored envelopes and/or colored mail contents are prohibited.
- CCI will photocopy any mail sent with colored cards or stationary, discarding the original materials and forwarding the photocopies to the inmate.
- Postage stamps and stickers are prohibited to prevent them being used as currency by the inmates.
You may send the following items to an inmate in a postal letter:
- Five or fewer photographs, 5" x 7" maximum dimensions.
- No nudity or pornography
- No Polaroid photos
- Five or fewer newsprint clippings, maximum dimensions 8.5" x 11"
- Up to five pamphlets or brochures
- Single sheet, no larger than 8.5" x 11"
- Bi- or tri-fold only
- Five or fewer sheets of blank, plain white stationary and/or photocopies no maximum size 8.5" x 11"
- Single-fold greeting cards. "Pop-up" cards or sound-chip cards are prohibited.
How to address a letter to a Chillicothe Correctional Institution inmate
Inmate's legal name (as registered by the prison)
Inmate's ID number
PO Box 5500
Chillicothe, OH 45601
Remember to include your return address on the envelope.
Shortcuts and Tips for Contacting an inmate by Postal Mail
- Everything You Need To Know About Writing Letters to Inmates
- How To Write a Prisoner Stress-Free [Pro Tips}
- How To Find Prison Pen Pals Fast and Easy [Hot Tips]
- Addressing Letters to Prison Inmates
Chillicothe Correctional Institution inmates are not allowed to receive incoming phone calls. You must be registered on an approved list to receive outgoing calls from the prisoner.
The Ohio prison system's inmate telephone service provider is Global Tel Link, for which inmates need a funded account.
You can contact the GTL Customer Call Center for help at 1-877-650-4249 during the following business hours:
- Monday - Friday 8:00 a.m. to midnight EST
- Saturday - Sunday 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. EST
How to Send Funds to an Inmate
In order for inmates to make calls or purchases (including stamps, reading materials, and concessions), they must have an account with JPay. If you have met the same requirements to be approved as an inmate visitor, you are also approved to send funds to a CCI inmate.
There are three ways you can send money to an inmate's JPay account:
Deposit through U.S. mail
- Obtain a money order payable to JPay
- Write the prisoner's name and ID number on the memo line
- Go to the JPay website
- Download, print, and fill out the deposit slip
- Make sure your name is exactly how it is registered as an approved visitor
- Photocopy your driver's license
- Mail the money order, deposit slip, your driver's license photocopy ONLY (no letters or other materials) to:
- JPay, PO Box 277810, Miramar, FL 33027
- Navigate to the ConnectNetwork website
- Create an account
- Sign in to your account and provide the information required:
- The inmate's incarceration facility
- The inmate's name
- The inmate's ID
- Follow the instructions for submitting your credit card number
DoNotPay is the Foolproof Way to Contact an Inmate at Chillicothe Correctional Institution
Using the DoNotPay Connect With an Inmate feature is the fast and easy way to get in touch with a Chillicothe Correctional Institution inmate. All you need to do to start the process is:
- Inmate ID number or booking number
- Name of the prison
- Unit the prisoner is in (if applicable)
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
DoNotPay can then assist you with these five easy steps!
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive for your loved one!
And that's it! The fast and easy way to connect with an inmate is made simple by using DoNotPay!
Does DoNotPay Have Other Services?
DoNotPay offers more than inmate communication tools. Here are just a few of the hundreds of tasks DoNotPay can handle on your behalf!
- Dealing with issues with credit cards
- Canceling subscriptions or memberships
- Jumping the phone queue when getting in touch with customer service reps
- Getting revenge on robocalls
- Suing people and companies in small claims court
- Scheduling a DMV appointment fast and easy
- Getting refunds for delayed or canceled flights
- Contesting parking tickets
- Dealing with bills you are unable to pay
- Protecting yourself from stalking and harassment
- Getting refunds from other companies
- Signing up for free trials risk-free
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam
- Applying for clinical trials
- Protecting your work against copyright infringement
- Getting in touch with your incarcerated loved ones
- Signing up for services without phone verification
- Finding any unclaimed funds under your name
Are you ready to get in touch with a friend or loved one at Chillicothe Correctional Institution? Let's get started now, so you can move on to the rest of your to-do list!