All You Need To Know About The Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center
Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center is a federal prison nestled in Chicago. This facility is used to house both male and female prisoners waiting for trial or during their trial, and it's made up of all security levels. In some cases, inmates with short sentences will do their time at this facility.
When you know an inmate at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center, you might find it hard to verify that they're there and the best way to contact them. You may have already tried to call or Google information about inmates online to find a mailing address. While locating and reaching out to inmates at this federal correctional facility is challenging, it isn't impossible. DoNotPay is up to the challenge.
Where Is the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center Located?
The Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center is conveniently located in the downtown area of Chicago. Due to its proximity to the courtrooms, it's used to temporarily house prisoners before and during their trials in the Northern District of Illinois and a few inmates with short sentences. Here's a look at the facility's general information:
|Physical Address||71 W Van Buren St, Chicago, IL 60605|
|Phone Number||(312) 322-0567|
|Website||Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center’s website|
How to Contact Inmates at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center
At Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center, you can visit in person or send a letter to inmates. The visitation at this facility is complicated, and you'll need to know the unit number of the inmate. There isn't any visitation on the weekends, and during the week, the hours are from 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. One unit per day is allowed visitors, and it's done on a schedule by week.
You also need to keep in mind that the inmate you want to visit with could be in court on visitation day. You can also send letters to
INMATE NAME and REGISTER NUMBER
METROPOLITAN CORRECTIONAL CENTER
71 WEST VAN BUREN STREET
CHICAGO, IL 60605
How to Send Money to the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center Inmates
You can send money in three ways to an inmate at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center:
- Visit any MoneyGram location
- Visit any Western Union location
- Send a money order through the mail to: Federal Bureau of Prisons, Insert Valid Committed Inmate Name, Insert Inmate Eight-Digit Register Number, Post Office Box 474701 Des Moines, Iowa 50947-0001
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One in the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center
With the court dates and alternating visitation schedules, it can be challenging to visit, write, or send money to a friend or family member at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center. If you plan to visit, you might need to find a hotel to stay in, but they can be expensive in the Chicago area, and you might find it difficult to navigate the area.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate an Inmate
When you're trying to stay in contact with a friend or family member at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center, you may feel like you've hit a brick wall. You've called many numbers and spent a lot of time on hold without any real results. You're feeling frustrated and like giving up. The DoNotPay is ready to provide you with results you can count on.
With these five steps, you can use DoNotPay to get in touch with an inmate at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide their details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name. We'll set one up for you to easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo. Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait ten days for it to arrive to your loved one.
Why Use DoNotPay to Solve the Challenges of Contacting an Inmate at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center
Reaching out to an inmate at the Chicago Metropolitan requires the help of DoNotPay, and here are three reasons to use the app:
- It's easy to navigate the app and find an inmate.
- It's fast so that you can find your friend or family member now.
- It's successful in helping you locate and contact an inmate.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you with various tasks, such as:
- Helping you free yourself from spam mail forever
- Stopping text spam from arriving on your phone
- And others.
It's time to let DoNotPay help you reach out to an inmate at the Chicago Metropolitan Correctional Center today.