DoNotPay Can Help You Find the Cheapest Phone Plans
Whether you are looking for a family cell phone plan or just need to buy a phone plan for yourself, various companies and deals help you find the best and cheapest phone plans available. Whether you want a basic phone with talk and text or a smartphone with all of the latest features and unlimited data, there are companies dedicated to helping you find those deals. Sites like Groupon and Coupons.com offer savings on everyday items and activities, and stores are consistently running specials to try to get people in the door so that they spend more money.
If you are looking for the cheapest phone plans, DoNotPay can help you find discounts for a suitable phone plan that fits your needs. It's time to realize that you don't have to spend $250 to $300 a month to get a decent phone plan. You don't have to have a smartphone to get a phone plan that you are satisfied with. The goal is to meet your needs without spending more money than you absolutely must to get quality service at your fingertips.
With services like DoNotPay, you should never have to pay full price for anything again.
How Much on Average Do People Spend on Cell Phone Plans?
The average American currently spends approximately $127.37 on their phone bill each month. That's a lot of money to stay connected with today's basic cell phone. If you look at the main phone plans available by the big companies such as AT&T or Verizon, they will set you back an average of $60 to $70 before you add anything to the plan.
Additional services to your phone plan will cost you even more money. Some of the standard services that a company will charge either a one-time fee or extra monthly fees for might include:
- A $35 fee per phone to connect your phone to the plan.
- Taxes on the services that you are receiving for your phone.
- Monthly service fees to keep your phone plan running.
- Charges for additional gigabytes of data are used unless you have unlimited data.
- Costs for additional talk time, unless you have unlimited talk time.
- Charges for going over your allotted number of text messages, unless you have an unlimited number.
- A fee for caller ID if you choose to have it.
- The cost of your current phone if you are paying it off monthly over time.
These costs and fees add up over time. However, many people don't know that there are more budget-friendly plans and providers out there that can save you hundreds a year on your cell phone bill while still providing you with a phone that meets your basic needs.
How Do I Save Money on My Phone Plan?
If you were to find a discounted phone plan yourself, you would have to go through each provider to see their rates. Contacting multiple companies to find out their rates is frustrating and annoying, and sometimes too time-consuming to bother. This inconvenience means that people keep paying more than they have to for the service they receive so that they don't go through the hassle of looking for a cheaper phone plan.
The following steps are how you would have to go about finding a discounted phone plan on your own:
- Understand which programs provide different types of discounts for plans from companies such as Cricket, Visible, etc., and determine if they offer coverage or service in your area.
- Visit each company's website to determine what rates they offer customers to see which ones offer the best deals on their phone plans. We have put together the approximate price range of budget carriers that provide phone plans within those ranges to give you an idea of what to expect.
|Phone Plan Price per Month||Carriers|
|$10 or Less||Tello, RedPocket, US Mobile|
|$11 to $20||Consumer Cellular, US Mobile, H2O Wireless, Republic Wireless, Mint Mobile|
|$21 to $30||Ultra Mobile, Tello, Red Pocket, Allvoi|
|$31 to $40||Lyca Mobile, Ultra Mobile|
The prices listed above, of course, are dependent on the add-ons and services included. The least costly means less to no add-ons and basic services. Some of the carriers listed also have a required lock-in period.
- Contact the company for more information on what signing a contract entails. Be sure to read the fine print to avoid surprises later.
- Check if your specific cell phone fits with the company's plan.
- Narrow down your choices by making a list of the pros and cons of each company and the service they provide.
This process is long, arduous, and frustrating. Sometimes the amount of time you spend looking for a new plan may not be worth the money you save in the long run.
DoNotPay Can Help You Find a Discounted Phone Plan
One alternative to the DIY approach that can help you save money and time is to use the DoNotPay tool to help you find a phone plan that fits your needs. To do this, DoNotPay provides you with a tool on our website that helps you look at phone plans that meet your specifications, requirements, and needs.
Once you provide us with some basic information about your phone and your usage, we can help you find the phone plan to save you money. You will need to provide us with some basic information about your phone usage, such as your current phone make and model, phone plan, the cost you are paying, what you use your phone for, and how much usage your phone gets.
If you want to find the best prices but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 4 easy steps:
- Go to the Find the Best Deals product on DoNotPay.
- Choose the type of purchase you're looking to make (such as clothing, electronics, appliances, flight tickets, hotel reservations, etc).
- Tell us more about the purchase, including any brands or features you're looking for and whether you're open to pre-owned items (if applicable).
- Choose whether to sort your results by just by the lowest price or the price and reviews.
DoNotPay will help you find the best discounts for your phone plans and give you a comparison tool to help you choose the best plan to meet your needs. Then, simply select the phone plan that suits you best off that list.
What Else Can DoNotPay Offer?
DoNotPay does not just find you the cheapest phone plans but can also find you the best deals on:
- Car insurance
- Airline tickets
- Food delivery services such as DoorDash and Uber Eats and food retailers such as Papa Johns
- Online marketplaces such as Amazon and retailers such as Sephora
DoNotPay also offers you ways to save money on various expenses that you find yourself incurring, such as:
- Canceling memberships or services you no longer use
- Canceling banking fees
- Getting reimbursed for unwanted credit card fees
DoNotPay is here to provide you with many ways to save on your day-to-day expenses. We want to make it easy for you to save and take all of the research and aggravation from you having to do all of the work searching for the savings yourself. We are here to ensure that you get what you need while spending the least amount of money possible doing it.