How to Find Reliable and Cheap ADHD Medication In 4 Steps
You would think that will the millions of estimated people who have been diagnosed with ADHD, someone would find a way to lower its cost. Unfortunately, this is not always the case. In fact, most people end up searching endlessly for cheap ADHD medication. It is a process that is not easy.
If you would like to discover ways to lower the cost of ADHD medication, DoNotPay can help, whether you have insurance or not. We will give you ideas on how to find your own medication discounts or help you in any other way that you need us to.
How Much Are Most ADHD Medications?
When it comes to ADHD medication, your doctor may try several ones to see which one may help you the most. Each of the options you have, and their average price will vary based on the dosage, brand, and whether there is a generic brand available. Most people can expect generic ADHD medication prices to be the best, but they are not always available.
Some average prices are:
Ritalin, Concerta (Methylphenidate)
Ritalin Comes in three forms:
- 20mg $80/NA
Adderall (Mixed Amphetamine Salts)
Adderall comes in two forms:
Adderall Prices Range
- $113 for Brand Name
- $45 for Generic
Adderall XR Prices Range
- $236 for Brand Name
- $184 for Generic
- 20-70mg Average Price $205 for all doses. No generic available.
Although some of these prices are reasonable, some others are not affordable for most people. If you want to try and find a lower price, there are some coupons or discounts available.
Where to Find Coupons and Discounts on ADHD Medications?
Finding prescription discounts and coupons can save you a lot of money on the things you need the most. Luckily, there are also many of them available.
One of the most popular options is discount prescription cards. However, there are limitations to how much a discount card can do for you. If it is something you want to consider some of the most popular cards are:
- Blink Health
Each of these cards can save you money on certain medications, but there may also be times that you will save on one medication with one, but not another. Often, your preferred pharmacy will be able to tell you which will cover your medications the best. Other times, they may recommend that you find coupons.
Coupons can also save you money. For instance:
- Ritalin costs can be dropped to $18.25 with a free coupon and by using Costco. This may be very useful if you use a higher dosage.
- The best price for Adderall is available at Harris Teeter with a free coupon dropping the price to just $10.88. The same is true for Focalin, which could cost $17.77.
- Dexedrine is most affordable if you visit Walmart to get it. Here, it is just $13.90 with a coupon.
- Vyvanse is expensive, even with a coupon. However, Winn-Dixie could save you about 13% off retail.
The biggest problem with coupons is that prices may change randomly, and often so that you never know based on them how much you will pay. You also must search for them, every time you need to refill your ADHD medication.
Are There Other Ways to Save on ADHD Medications?
- Kroger Rewards Program, Individual $36 – Family $72 Yearly
- Walgreens Prescription Savings Club, Individual $20 - Family $35 Yearly.
- Winn-Dixie SingleCare, No Cost
- CVS CarePass, $48 Per Year
Beyond this option, there may also be pharmacies that you can use through mail order offers. Popular options for mail orders include:
- Amazon Pharmacy
- Pill Pack
- Genius Rx
Again, you will need to search to find the one that meets your needs the best. If this is more than you want to deal with, DoNotPay can step in to help you find cheap ADHD medications.
How DoNotPay Can Help You Save on ADHD Medication
At DoNotPay, we understand that searching for cheap ADHD medication without insurance can be frustrating. We know that you may not always have time to search for those deals that will make it affordable to get the treatment options you need. Therefore, we do all that we can to make it simple.
If you are looking for cheap ADHD medication, all you need to do is:
- Go to the Prescription Discounts product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of your prescription drug and specify the specific brand if necessary.
- Tell us more about the dosage and form you usually receive the medication in.
- Enter your favorite pharmacy or retailer pick-up location.
That's it! DoNotPay will find the best prices in your local area, no matter what prescriptions you need to have filled. We make it easy, fast, and confidential.
Other Services You May Like From DoNotPay
No matter what you are dealing with in your life, DoNotPay may have an easy way for you to handle it. We can help with lowering the price for your ADHD medications and a large variety of other services including:
- Enrolling in Clinical Trials
- Requesting Sick Leave from Work
- Advance Health Care Directive Creation
- Canceling Subscriptions and Memberships You Don't Need
- Helping You with Your Bills
As the world's first robot lawyer our office is always open to you. Simply visit DoNotPay online and see what we can do for you!