How to Contact Chatham County Animal Control

Animal Control How to Contact Chatham County Animal Control

How to Contact Chatham County Animal Control

Savannah, Georgia, is the heart of Chatham County. Savannah is known as a place for animal lovers, but not every animal is well cared for. Strays and mistreated animals are more likely to become aggressive and dangerous to others. If an aggressive animal in Savannah or the greater Chatham area injured you, the aftermath would involve a surprising amount of paperwork.

To see any compensation for your medical bills, you will need to sue the dog owner or responsible party. To report a dangerous animal or rescue an animal so frightened it has become aggressive, you must file a report with . Don't have the time or are not sure how to get started? DoNotPay can make the process simple and easy while dealing with the aftermath of an animal attack.

About Savannah, Georgia Animal Control Center

"Compassion is Our Cause" is the motto of Chatham County Animal Services, the animal control office of Savannah, Georgia. This is a significant sentiment when dealing with the issues of strays, rescues, and even aggressive animals in Chatham County. If you need to call , you can be assured that their shelter and system will do their best to treat the animal with respect.

The Chatham County Animal Control Center Location, Hours, and Contact Details

You can contact Savannah Animal Control

  1. By Phone
  2. In-Person
  3. By Mail
  4. Through the Website
Address7211 Sallie Mood Dr.

Savannah, Georgia 31406

Time: 1:00 to 4:00 p.m.

Phone Number(912) 652-6575

How to Deal with an Out-of-Control Animal in Chatham County On Your Own

Secure Your Safety

If you encounter an out-of-control animal, the first priority is to get yourself and others to safety. If there is an aggressive dog, move cautiously away from the area and move other humans and pets with you if possible. Do not risk injury or further injury by remaining near an aggressive animal.

Report a Dangerous or Loose Animal

If you encounter an animal that is loose without a leash or clearly dangerous and within reach of people, stay away and file a report with  If no one has been injured yet, reporting can prevent harm to people, pets, and the animal itself through proper handling.

If you have been injured, filing a report will not result in compensation like filing a lawsuit against the animal's owner. However, if no injury has occurred, reporting to animal control is the best way to avoid harm in the future. DoNotPay can help you draft and file a dangerous animal report without having to work around Savannah animal services policies and hours.

Sue the Owner of an Animal that Causes Injury

If an animal injures someone in Chatham County, the owner is liable to pay for the medical costs. Most people put off hiring a dog bite lawyer to avoid the hassle of court while healing from a wound. However, with the help of an online service like DoNotPay, you can sue the dog owner with the Chatham County small claims court easily even during your immediate recovery.

Report Incidents of Animal Abuse or Neglect

Abuse and neglect can also make an animal aggressive, but they are also in need of rescue. Filing a report with Chatham County animal control can rescue the pet and those it might harm. DoNotPay can help you file a report to rescue an abused or neglected animal so you can be sure that Savannah animal protection professionals rescue the animal quickly.

Handling a Chatham County Animal Control Issue with the Help of DoNotPay

If a dog bite or aggressive animal has injured you, the aftermath can be more than you're prepared to handle. DoNotPay is here to ensure you can do what needs doing while mostly focusing on recovery and wellness. We'll handle the lawsuit and reports, so you don't need to worry.

Just tell us about the incident and whether you'd like to sue or file a report with Chatham County animal control so we can take care of the rest.

How to report an animal-related incident on DoNotPay:

If you want to report an animal-related injury but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 3 easy steps:

  1. Search "animal" on DoNotPay, find the Animal Control product, and select whether you've sustained a physical injury.


  2. Select whether you would like to report this incident to your local government agency, or demand compensation from the pet owner.


  3. Tell us more about the incident, including when and where you were injured, a description of the animal that caused the injury, and the contact information for the pet owner (if known).


And that's it! DoNotPay will file the demand letter or government report on your behalf with your incident details! You should hear back from them directly with further questions/confirmation regarding your demands.

Note that this product allows you to do two things: generate a demand letter to claim compensation or make a report to animal control.

Contact Animal Control or Claim Compensation Anywhere in the US

Do you know someone who's been injured by an animal outside of Chatham county? Encounter an aggressive animal while traveling? DoNotPay can help you with the aftermath of an aggressive animal incident anywhere in the US.

What Else Can DoNotPay Do?

DoNotPay can help simplify your life in many ways. We've got you covered from tasks you don't want to do to tackling tasks that are a huge hassle.

There are few things more upsetting than an animal attack. Let us make the aftermath easy and simple, whether you need to file a lawsuit to cover medical costs or call animal control to handle a dangerous animal. DoNotPay is here to help.

Want your issue solved now?