Fight And Waive Chase Freedom International Fees the Easy Way
You've been looking forward to your international trip for months or years. You have everything planned: the hotel, the food, and the itinerary. Perhaps you have scrimped and saved to afford to be able to truly enjoy your vacation. You get to your destination and use your Chase Freedom credit card, only to discover you've been slapped with a hefty fee for charging your credit card overseas. Few things can put a dampener on a long-awaited trip like being charged unexpected fees.
Whenever you use your Chase Freedom card on foreign purchases, you will be charged a fee for each transaction. While there are ways to avoid getting charged for , they often include only making purchases online or avoiding using your Chase Freedom card altogether. If you find it necessary to use your Chase Freedom card while traveling internationally, it may be possible to fight fees or have them waived after paying them.
How Much Are Chase Freedom International Fees?
are an often unavoidable drawback of using your credit card abroad. A few things to remember when traveling internationally with your Chase Freedom credit card are:
- Your Chase Freedom card may not charge an international fee if you are within the first year of using your card. The international fee is often waived during this first-year promotion.
- The international fee is often between 2-5% of your entire purchase and may include shipping or taxes.
- Some international merchants may accept US currency, which will help you avoid extra fees.
If there is no way to avoid using your Chase Freedom card while traveling internationally, there are a number of ways you can dispute these fees after the fact. Whether you would like to learn how to begin a dispute on your own or are seeking to enlist the help of DoNotPay to dispute charges on your behalf, we're here to help you resolve your issue.
How to Fight Chase Freedom International Fees on Your Own
The Chase Freedom website offers tips on how to avoid being charged international fees on your credit cards but offers very little information on how to dispute fees after the fact. If you would like to try to tackle these issues on your own, you can:
- Reach out to Chase Customer Service at 1 (800) 935-9935 and go to chase.com/customerservice for more details and call center hours.
- Submit a charge dispute by mail to Chase Customer Service at PO Box 15299 in Wilmington, DE 19850.
- Explore the Dispute Charge FAQ on the Chase website, which allows you to dispute a charge online.
Trying to dispute charges on your own, especially after just returning from an overseas vacation, can feel frustrating and overwhelming. Trying to convince a company to waive fees is a tedious task that you do not have to take on by yourself. DoNotPay has a product that can help you fight or waive fees with very little work on your part. We simply ask for a little information from you and reach out to customer service on your behalf. If Chase Freedom is willing to waive fees during an introductory period, it's fair to assume they can do so at any time under the right circumstances.
DoNotPay Can Help
Although most credit card companies charge a fee for transactions abroad, you do not have to accept the fact that you are being charged outrageous fees for basic services. We believe that everyone is entitled to fight to have fees waived. If you are interested in finding out if your Chase Freedom international fees can be waived and you don't know where to start, we're here to help you.
Here's how you can use DoNotPay to appeal fees:
- Search "appeal fees" on DoNotPay, choose the Fight and Waive Fees product, and select the type of fee you want to appeal.
- Select the merchant you want to appeal fees for and enter the details of your transaction, including an associated account if you have one.
- Submit your case! DoNotPay will generate the best argument for your case and make sure your fee waiver request gets sent to the merchant for processing.
DoNotPay can help you easily and successfully get a refund for fees that you don't believe you shouldn't have to pay. It is our goal that none of our customers spend their hard-earned money needlessly on things like hidden fees. We can help you fight for fees like:
|eBay fees||Robinhood fees||Spirit Airlines baggage fees||Etsy fees||American Airlines baggage fees|
|Coinbase fees||Paypal seller fees||HOA fees||Chase checking account fees||Shopify fees|
We have years of experience helping our users with customer service issues. In addition to helping you fight fees, we can help you get refunds on returned and unwanted items and negotiate bills.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay has various services and products that are designed to take the hard work out of everyday tasks. We are in the business of making your life easier. While we are known for our services, we can successfully help you with all kinds of issues, including:
- Discover and apply for scholarships
- Contact embassies and consulates
- Notarize any document
- Complete standardized legal documents
- Create passport photos
- Reduce your property taxes
- Earn airline flight compensation
- Appeal banned accounts
- File a complaint against any company
Sign up for DoNotPay and learn which of our products we can put to work for you today!