Get Compensated for Your CenterPoint Power Outage
Power outages happen every day, all around the United States. They can be annoying, dangerous, and even expensive, costing you money and time spent on important tasks. A can lead to huge losses and intense frustration.
However, you aren't alone if you are ready to claim compensation for any losses you might have experienced during a CenterPoint Energy power outage. DoNotPay can help you file a claim, allowing you to recoup any losses you sustained during a CenterPoint Energy power outage - without the hassle and stress of dealing with countless customer service representatives.
Aside from the CenterPoint power outage, we also deal with the following:
What Causes Power Outage?
There are several causes of a . Some of these are:
|Natural Causes||Strong winds, lightning, snow, ice on the lines, and rain can cause a power outage. A tree branch contacting power lines is an addition.|
|Equipment Failures||Not every time a piece of equipment can do its job perfectly. It requires maintenance and repairs once broken. It includes problems with switches, cables, transformers, etc.|
|Human Error||There are times when we unintentionally contact power lines causing power outages. Examples are traffic accidents and placing an antenna near a power cable.|
|Scheduled Maintenance||Part of maintaining the safety and performance of equipment is maintenance. Sometimes scheduled maintenance is needed to avoid accidents in the future.|
How to Check for a CenterPoint Power Outage
If you experience a power outage, you will probably notice it pretty quickly. A few hallmarks of a power outage include:
- The lights flicker and then go off completely.
- You lose internet and cable services.
- Your refrigerator and other appliances suddenly turn off.
If you are a CenterPoint Energy customer, there is a way to confirm if you are experiencing a power outage. You can view the outage tracker on the CenterPoint Energy website. This tracker will show you if there is an active outage, using approximate locations, so you can see if the outage affects the area where you live. Once you have confirmed the outage, there are a couple of things you can do:
- Report the outage on the CenterPoint Energy website.
- Call CenterPoint Energy customer service at 1-800-332-7143.
A CenterPoint Power Outage Can Cost You Money
It can sometimes take hours and days to get the power back up after an outage. Typically, the more widespread the outage, the longer it takes for power to be restored. The longer it takes for the power to come back up, the more it could cost you. A power outage can cause your finances to take a huge hit. Here are some ways that you could be financially affected due to a power outage:
- Damaged and spoiled food due to lack of refrigeration.
- Lost work hours if you work from home and are unable to access the internet.
- Appliances can be damaged after a sudden loss of power.
How to Get Compensated for a CenterPoint Power Outage
There's no doubt the expenses suffered during a CenterPoint Energy power outage can add up quickly. If you are ready to fight back and claim compensation for these lost funds, you can try to contact CenterPoint Energy on your own to file a claim. However, this process can be anything but simple.
The CenterPoint Energy website has a form that you can fill, requesting information regarding the nature of your claim. You will need to specify what sort of loss that you believe you suffered due to a power outage, as well as a description of the incident in question. The form also asks for your personal information and supporting documents, including photos or police reports.
Once you submit the online form, it will be assigned to a licensed claims adjuster to conduct an investigation. The claims adjuster will reach out to you after the form is filed to ask for more information - however, this can be a very lengthy process, and it could be months before any determination is realized. Even then, the results may not be in your favor. If you want to save yourself the headache and time of handling the claims process on your own, turn to DoNotPay.
Use DoNotPay to Get Compensated for Your CenterPoint Power Outage
DoNotPay is the fast, easy, and successful way to handle your CenterPoint Energy power outage claim.
If you want to get compensation for an outage but don't know where to start, DoNotPay has you covered in 9 easy steps:
- Go to the Outage Refunds product on DoNotPay.
- Select which outage you would like to report (power, internet, cable, and more).
- Select your energy provider and enter your account number.
- Indicate when the outage started and how long it lasted.
- Verify your account information.
- If you want to be reimbursed for losses related to a power outage, choose whether you want to be reimbursed for personal injuries, damaged property, or both.
- Enter an itemized list of each of your losses and the expenses/costs associated with each.
- Upload documents or photographic evidence that proves your losses. Also, add the names of any witnesses who can attest to your losses if possible.
- Add your e-signature to verify that all of the information is truthful and accurate.
Why You Should Use DoNotPay to File Your CenterPoint Power Outage Claim
Filing a claim with CenterPoint Energy on your own is stressful and time-consuming. DoNotPay helps level the playing field, stacking the deck in your favor and saving you hours by filming your claim for you. DoNotPay is fast, easy, and successful. While not every claim results in a large payout, DoNotPay ups the odds, working on your behalf to keep all your information in one place. The more documentation and information you can upload upfront, the better your chance of getting the compensation you deserve for your time and energy.
When it comes to filing a claim for your CenterPoint Energy power outage, let DoNotPay tackle the hard stuff while you sit back and relax.