What to Do if Cavalry Debt Collection Keeps Calling You
If you don't pay a bill for a certain length of time, a debt collector will probably contact you. Not knowing what to do when you don't have the money to pay past due bills can be stressful. We're here to help—and explain what to do if keeps calling you.
Figuring out how to deal with debt collectors can be nerve-wracking. It's not uncommon for a debt collection agency to try to take advantage of your situation, especially if you don't know your rights.
We'll explain everything you need to know to get out of this situation. DoNotPay can assist you with related issues such as:
- Sending a dispute letter to a debt collector
- Knowing the length of time debt collectors can try to collect
- Knowing the statute of limitations on debt collection in any state
- Dealing with medical debt collection
- Dealing with debt collectors when they take you to court
- Checking the legality of debt collectors performing a stimulus check
Settling your debt can be a stressful situation especially if you are already going through tough times. You must educate yourself so you can deal with Cavalry Debt Collectors better or choose the easier route and leave everything to DoNotPay.
What Is Cavalry Debt Collection and Is It Legit?
Cavalry's full name is . You may have also seen it listed as Cavalry SPV LLC on a debt collection letter or your credit report.
And, yes—Cavalry is a legitimate debt collection agency. It is one of the nation's largest debt collectors, and buys debts from major lenders, including Bank of America, Chase, and Citibank.
Be warned, however, that Cavalry is a third-party debt collector which means they buy your debt and their job is to do whatever it takes to collect it. According to the Better Business Bureau, there were 164 complaints filed within the last three years regarding billing and collections.
How to Contact Cavalry
Cavalry can be reached on their phone line from Monday to Thursday from 8 am until 10 pm EST, until 7 pm EST on Fridays, and until 2 pm EST on Saturdays.
|Company||Cavalry Portfolio Services|
|Mailing Address||Cavalry Portfolio Services
Attn: Customer Care
1 American Lane
Greenwich, CT 06831-2200
|Email or Contact Form||Not Available|
Nervous about contacting Cavalry yourself? Let DoNotPay deal with Cavalry debt collection for you and painlessly resolve this issue.
Know Your Rights Under the FDCPA when Dealing with Cavalry Debt Collection
The Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) is a federal law created to protect consumers from unfair debt collection practices—including common tactics that are often abusive, intimidating, and qualify as harassment. A critical aspect of this law states that Cavalry must validate your debt in writing and name your original lender and amount.
In addition, you have the right to tell Cavalry how to communicate with you. You can ask them to stop calling you, only call during certain hours, use only a specific phone number, or only contact you by email. All debt collectors must respect your wishes.
If you suspect Cavalry or any other debt collector didn't follow FDCPA practices and may have violated your rights, and you're not sure what to do, DoNotPay can help. Make DoNoPay your 'robot lawyer' and determine this for you—and file a complaint with the FDCPA on your behalf.
If Cavalry Contacts You, Remember These Tips
Here are a few essential points to remember before you answer a call from Cavalry:
- Call back to speak to Cavalry at your convenient time.
- Stay calm.
- Do not feel pressured, no matter what they say.
- Remember your rights under the FDCPA.
Most importantly, do not give anyone who contacts you any personal information unless they verify their identity in writing. Anyone can call you, posing as someone from Cavalry or any other debt collector. Read on for more important tips.
Dealing with debt collectors may seem like an affordable solution but as soon as the problematic situation takes its toll on your mental and emotional health, it is just not worth the money you are saving. You can choose a less stressful solution by recruiting DoNotPay to speak to Cavalry debt collection on your behalf.
Why and How to Get a Debt Validation Letter From Cavalry
Before speaking to Cavalry, or any debt collector, it's essential to ask for a debt validation letter—or have DoNotPay handle this for you.
Here's why you should not skip this critical step—and what a debt validation letter should include:
Sometimes the debt is a mistake. It may not be yours, or maybe it's already paid. Debt collectors buy and sell consumers' debt so often that errors are not uncommon.
Even if the debt is yours and still outstanding, under the FDCPA, a debt collector must validate a debt by telling you the following information in writing:
- Name, address, and phone number of the person contacting you
- Debt amount, noting any fees and collection costs separately
- Name of the original creditor
- What the debt is for and when it was incurred
- Whether you owe the debt or someone else
Cavalry is a third-party lender, not your original creditor. Sometimes, third-party lenders cannot validate a debt by providing all the necessary information. Under the FDCPA, if a debt collector cannot validate a debt, they can not collect it.
How To Deal with Cavalry Debt Collection on your Own, Step-by-Step
When Cavalry contacts you, here's what to do:
- If someone from Cavalry calls you, ask the caller to identify themselves and verify that it is Cavalry. Ask them to contact you in writing.
- Respond to Cavalry's written request by asking for a debt validation letter. Let the company know you will require this to validate your debt before proceeding further.
- Once you receive a debt validation letter, you can begin to negotiate. Prior to negotiating, decide if you would like to agree on a settlement and what percentage of your balance you are willing to pay.
- Understand that when you settle a debt, it often remains on your credit report for seven years—and your credit score is likely to drop. But, there are ways to remove it sooner, and DoNotPay can help clean your credit report.
If you are not confident in your negotiation skills or need an easier solution, let DoNotPay deal with Cavalry for you.
DoNotPay Will Deal with Cavalry Debt Collection for You
Not everyone is up to the challenging and stressful task of dealing with on their own—or any other debt collector. Negotiation is a special skill, and it can be intimidating.
Let DoNotPay be your advocate by following these steps:
- Search "debt collection" on DoNotPay.
- Answer a series of questions about the debt collectors, including when you were contacted and how you were contacted, so we can determine if they have violated any debt collection laws.
- Decide which course of action you want to take based on our guidance, such as filing a debt verification request, demanding for the collectors to stop contacting you, or reporting them to the CFPB.
That's it! You'll be on your way to moving past this debt and resolving your issues with Cavalry.
Why You Should Let DoNotPay Help Resolve Issues with Cavalry Debt Collection
More and more people are turning to DoNotPay for solid and pocket-friendly advice. The world’s first robot lawyer is most popular for being:
- Fast. Answer a few questions, and let us handle the rest.
- Easy. We're thorough and we know all the "ins and outs," so you don't have to. We will find out if Cavalry has done anything wrong, and you will benefit.
- Stress-Free & Successful: When DoNotPay is on your side, you can be sure that negotiations with any debt collector will go smoothly—and any agreement will be on your terms.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Dealing with debt collectors on your behalf is not the only thing DoNotPay can handle for you. The app is a combination of hundreds of tasks, whether menial or extremely challenging, DoNotpay can do for you.
Here are some tasks that you can leave up to us:
- Find and claim missing money
- Cancel unwanted memberships and subscriptions
- Clean your credit report
- Boost your credit limit
- Connect with an inmate
- Deal with ERC debt collection
- Notarize any document
- File a case in small claims court
And so much more! DoNotPay aims to provide efficient services that won’t hurt your budget. Download the app today and be amazed at how much easier your life can get with DoNotPay.