Get the Best Catholic Homeschool Curriculum for Your Child
Catholic curricula are available, but you also need to make sure the one you opt for is fun and engaging for your child.
DoNotPay has all the advice you need on choosing the right Catholic homeschool curriculum for your child!
Some states stipulate that basic subjects, such as reading, writing, math, and science, are taught for a minimum number of hours each year. Others allow you considerable leeway in your choice of homeschool subjects but expect students to be assessed regularly to make sure they are progressing in line with their contemporaries.
For a guide to each state’s laws, check out the info DoNotPay has:
Your chosen curriculum should marry the required subjects with styles, activities, and teaching approaches that:
- Reflect your child’s preferred way of learning
- Are manageable within your available timeframe or that of any help you get on board
- Keep your child’s education progressing at an acceptable speed
- Retain your Catholic values
Curriculum choice boils down to how much time, effort, and money you want to put into getting exactly what your child needs.
Your options are:
The easier—but more expensive—route is to buy a pre-designed curriculum from one of the many organizations that offer them.
Among the various providers on the marketplace, there are several that specialize in Catholic homeschooling programs, the most prominent of which are:
Each of these—and the others available—aims at a specific learning style, such as:
- Traditional classroom-based teaching
- Active learning
- The Charlotte Mason method
- Project-based education
Your choice should reflect both your abilities and comfort zone as a teacher, as well as your child’s learning style.
If your teaching ability and subject knowledge are strong, you can opt to design your own homeschool Catholic curriculum in many states.
- Planning timetables
- Prioritizing subjects in line with your state guidelines
- Setting educational goals
- Designing lesson plans
- Developing ongoing assessment tools
- Including activities to boost the learning experience
Building your own curriculum is hard work, and some states require you to give them highly detailed synopses of your curricula every year.
A home-made curriculum guarantees, though, that:
- Your Catholic values are hardwired into the syllabus
- You can tailor-make the teaching to suit your child
Once you have found or built the perfect Catholic home school program, it is then time to get started and remove your child from school.
To do this, you need to write a letter of intent, listing your:
- Child’s name, address, and school grade
- Contact details
- Proposed curriculum in certain states
- Teaching qualifications, if your state needs them
The letter has to be formatted and written correctly and needs to be sent within a specific timeframe, depending on your state’s laws—in most states, you can do this at any time in the year. Get any of these details wrong, and your homeschooling journey could be delayed.
DoNotPay can help you over this hurdle, though—we can draw up the letter you need in a few clicks!
DoNotPay wants nothing to get in the way of your homeschooling plans!
Our Notice of Intent to Homeschool product removes one of the barriers to your starting to give your child the education you both want.
We can generate the letter you need, making sure all the required information is in place. We can even have it notarized online and sent automatically for you if you choose!
Here’s how to get your letter drafted:
- Become a DoNotPay subscriber in your web browser
- Click on our Notice of Intent to Homeschool feature
- Fill out the questionnaire with the details needed
Job done—your letter will be ready in an instant, and your homeschooling adventure can begin!
Do you believe you may have some missing assets? Use DoNotPay’s nifty product before the government claims them! Have you ever wanted to enter sweepstakes without purchasing anything? Our app will sign you up for them instantly! Trying to figure out how to reduce your property taxes or utility bills? DoNotPay can show you the way. Want to avoid getting charged for free trials that never fail to auto-renew into paid subscriptions? We’ll help you cancel them before they expire.
Anything else you may need? Check out how our app can:
- Create legal documents, including marital settlement agreements and powers of attorney
- Jump the phone queue when reaching out to customer service
- Discover and apply you for no-essay scholarships
- Help you apply for any clinical trial hassle-free
- Help you contact government representatives
- File an item return request in your stead
- Draft a notice of intent to homeschool
- Get you a chargeback or refund
- Appeal any banned account
It doesn’t stop there—DoNotPay can help you send a defamation demand letter, create passport photos, get gift card cash back, get any document notarized, request access to public records, claim insurance and warranty, request a college application fee waiver, appeal parking tickets, and much more.
Sign up now to get access to any of our products for one low monthly fee!