How to Cancel a Credit Card Application the Easy Way
Did you know that over 70% of Americans have at least one credit card? This high percentage is likely because credit cards offer many benefits, such as convenience and rewards. However, sometimes people apply for too many cards or are not happy with the card they have applied for. If this is the case and you would like to cancel a credit card application, keep reading.
Canceling an application is not always easy. You need to contact customer service and do follow-ups. Also, the credit card company may be reluctant to let you go. However, with DoNotPay by your side, canceling an application can be simple and less frustrating. DoNotPay is a fast, automatic, and convenient way to cancel credit card applications. Tag along to learn the exact steps to using the DoNotPay service.
How to Cancel a Credit Card Application
- Gather all of the information you will need to cancel your credit card application. It includes your name, address, date of birth, Social Security number, and account number.
- Contact customer service for the credit card company you applied for. You can do this by calling them through their line. Search online and find their customer service number.
- Tell the customer service representative that you would like to cancel your credit card application. They may ask you for your reason for canceling, but you do not have to give them a specific answer.
- The customer service representative will likely try to dissuade you from canceling your application. But go ahead and request they cancel it immediately.
There are other ways to cancel a credit card application. You can write a letter to the company canceling the application or go online and cancel the application through their website.
These two ways are less likely to get you results because credit card companies approve or decline an application very quickly. You need to act fast and ensure they get your request soonest possible, and therefore, calling customer service is much more effective.
Potential Problems When Canceling a Credit Card Application
There are a few potential problems that can occur when canceling a credit card application.
- The credit card company may be difficult to work with and delay canceling your application.
- They may also charge you a fee for canceling.
- The credit card company may report this to the credit bureau. This could hurt your credit score.
Can You Cancel Your Credit Card After It Has Been Approved?
If you fail to cancel the credit card before the application has been approved, you can still cancel the card once you get it from the bank. To do this, you need to follow the steps below:
- Make sure you have paid off all outstanding balances on your credit card. You can also choose to transfer the balance to another credit card.
- Contact the card issuer by calling the number on the back of your credit card and requesting to close your account.
- After you call to cancel your service, send a certified letter to confirm your request.
- Confirm your credit reports with the three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion) to ensure your credit account is being reported as closed.
- Finally, get rid of the credit card to prevent fraud.
Is a Credit Card Company Being Difficult? DoNotPay Can Help You Sue It in Small Claims Court
If the credit card company is difficult and refuses to cancel your application, DoNotPay can help you sue them. We offer legal assistance to anyone who needs it. We can help you file for a lawsuit and guide you through the legal process.
We have been awarded the Louis Brown Award for legal access by the American Bar Association, so you can trust us with your problem. Download the DoNotPay app today and get the justice you deserve.
Use DoNotPay to Cancel Your Credit Card Application
Canceling a credit card application can be a hassle, but with DoNotPay by your side, it can be easy. We can help you contact the customer service representative for the credit card company and guide you through the process.
Here's how to use the DoNotPay service:
- Search for the Cancel Anything product on DoNotPay.
- Enter the name of the company you need to cancel your order/payment with.
- Answer a few questions about whatever you need to cancel so that we can compose a cancellation letter.
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
DoNotPay can help you cancel other applications, payments, and orders, including:
|Cancel PayPal Payment||Cancel eBay Order||Cancel DoorDash Order|
|Cancel Venmo Payment||Cancel Walmart Order||Cancel Southwest Flight|
|Cancel Zelle Payment||Cancel Etsy Order||Cancel United Flight|
|Cancel Cash App Payment|
Need Help Cancelling Your Credit Card Application? Let DoNotPay Help You
If you're having trouble canceling your credit card application or the credit card company is being difficult, DoNotPay can help. We will contact the company on your behalf and ask them to cancel the application, and we can also help you sue the credit card company if they're not cooperative.
Don't let the credit card company stand in your way - contact DoNotPay to cancel your application today.