Are Erratic Canada Tourist Visa Rules Crushing You? DoNotPay Has a Fix
The pandemic was a buzzkill for many vacation plans, but something as basic as traveling cannot be put off forever. If you are stressing over securing a Canada tourist visa for your trip to the fascinating maple country, DoNotPay can help you navigate the procedural and documentation maze in the quickest way possible!
Canada’s visa processing delays and backlogs have been troubling travelers around the world for a while now. DoNotPay’s interactive AI will analyze your individual circumstances and guide you on:
- Whether you need a visa for your Canada trip
- What paperwork you need for a hassle-free visa processing
- Which online portal you need to visit for a successful application
Sign up for our app today and make your Canada travel dreams come true!
Most tourists need either a visitor visa or an Electronic Travel Authorization (eTA) to enter Canada, depending on the following factors:
- Origin and type of travel documents
- Choice of transportation—like flight, cruise ship, or bus
If you are an American citizen with a valid U.S. passport, you don’t need a Canadian visa or an eTA for a period of stay under 180 days as long as:
- You are an eligible traveler
- Your travel intent is leisure and tourism
These requirements may change anytime without prior notice, so you need to stay up to date with the latest visa requirements before every trip.
If you are not from a visa-exempt country or your travel duration exceeds 180 days, you will need to apply for a Canadian tourist visa. At present, only eligible travelers are allowed to enter Canada with or without a visa.
The post-pandemic scenario diligence dictates most of the terms for current traveler eligibility. You can enter Canada only if you:
- Pass the health check at the point of entry through air, land, or sea travel—you must not display any COVID-19 symptoms
- Are fully vaccinated a minimum of 14 days before your date of entry with any of the following acceptable vaccines:
- Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine
- Moderna COVID-19 vaccine
- AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD COVID-19 vaccine
- Janssen (Johnson & Johnson) COVID-19 vaccine—single dose
- Upload your proof of vaccination to the mobile government portal called ArriveCAN on time
- Arrange a mandatory 14-day post-arrival quarantine plan even when you are asymptomatic
- Fulfill country-specific entry requirements—for example, U.S. guidelines require you to have at least one blank page in your passport before traveling to Canada
Many travelers are puzzled over whether they need a visa or an eTA to go to Canada. Browse through this table to understand the difference between these major entry documents:
|Basis||Canada Tourist Visa||Canada eTA|
|Usage||Meant for students, long-term workers, or immigration aspirants and is issued to travelers of certain countries only||Issued to travelers from visa-exempt countries as a digital visa waiver|
|Registration structure||Long and complex||Simple and quick|
|Processing time||12 to 27 days||24 hours to three days|
||Five years for multiple entries to Canada, each lasting less than six months|
You will find an elaborate list of documents that you need to produce over the course of the visa-issuance process.
Depending on your country or reason to seek a visa, you may be asked to produce several documents, like:
- A valid passport
- Letter explaining the intent of travel
- IDs and civil status documents
- Letter of support or invitation to Canada
- Certificates proving:
- Visa fees paid in full
- Clean criminal record
- Financial means to return to home country
- Photographs as per the photo requirements for Canada visas
- Application form
- Minor travel consent form, if applicable
The above list is not absolute, and the documentation requirements may change over time.
Many physical visa application centers have closed down to prevent crowding during the pandemic. To apply for your tourist visa online, you must ensure you have:
- A valid online payment mechanism
- A scanner or a camera to reproduce electronic copies wherever necessary
- An arrangement to give your biometrics data to Canadian authorities
No, certain travelers are still required to apply via physical forms irrespective of the pandemic situation. This usually applies to:
- Stateless people with alien passports
- Some travelers using refugee travel documents
Submitting the right documents on time is crucial for any visa processing—one wrong move and your application can be stuck in limbo or get rejected.
DoNotPay’s Tourist Visa Guide feature is designed to guide you through the unnerving visa application process for many countries.
Here’s what you need to do:
- Sign in to DoNotPay and click on Tourist Visa Guide
- Confirm that you have a valid U.S. passport
- Select your destination country
Once you submit your response, you can read your report on whether you need a tourist visa for that country instantly!
If you do not need a visa as per current guidelines, go ahead and get ready to enjoy your trip!
Yes, we can!
Follow these steps to kickstart your visa application process today:
- Interact with our chatbot to get a list of documents you need to prepare for the application
- Download and print the PDF version of the application form listed by us
- Browse our auto-generated instruction manual to fill the form accurately
DoNotPay will guide you to the destination country’s online portal for submitting the form electronically. If you want to submit the form physically, we can contact any embassy for you to get the mailing instructions.
You can rest assured that your visa application will land safely with the right authorities!
DoNotPay’s learning center has extensive tourist visa guides for several countries. Pick a destination, and we’ll help you get there:
|Belize||Costa Rica||El Salvador|
The primary purpose of our app is to provide you with practical tools that can speed up all the drawn-out tasks you must complete. All you need to do is choose a suitable feature from our offer and get your problems solved in a heartbeat!
Once you create an account with DoNotPay, you can:
If you are being stalked by somebody or discriminated against at work, we will do our best to help you fight for justice and report the case accordingly! We will also safeguard your creative work from copyright violation and ask for violent crime compensation on your behalf.