The Ins and Outs of a Cameron County, PA, Divorce
If you’re from Cameron County, PA, and a divorce is what you’re looking for, you’ve come to the right place! Not knowing where to start when getting divorced is difficult, so that’s why we have prepared a guide that will make your life easier.
The first step you need to take is to opt for a type of divorce. In Cameron County, PA, you can get a fault-based or a no-fault divorce. See the table below for details:
|Fault-Based Divorce||No-Fault Divorce|
|Couples who choose to get a fault-based divorce need to provide the court with a specific ground (reason) for divorce. The grounds for a fault-based divorce in Pennsylvania are:
||Spouses who want a simpler way to get divorced in Cameron County can choose the no-fault divorce. When filing for a divorce, they don’t need to specify a reason for the breakdown of their marriage. Instead, the spouses can:
In cases where one spouse has been institutionalized for at least 18 months and won’t be released in the following 18 months, the couple can get divorced without a court hearing
To get an uncontested divorce in Cameron County, you need to:
- Live in Pennsylvania for at least six months before filing the papers
- Prove that your marriage is irrevocably broken
- Agree to the divorce with your spouse
- Resolve all financial issues with your spouse prior to filing the divorce papers
- Agree on the following:
- Child support and custody
- Parenting time
- Property distribution
If you want to file for an uncontested divorce in Cameron County, you will need to follow these steps:
- File the complaint—The first step requires you to:
- Find the papers at the Court of Common Pleas or the government website and fill them out
- Pay the filing fee
- Make two copies of the PA divorce forms (the clerk’s office will keep one copy, the other copy will go to your spouse, and the original is for you)
- Serve the papers—Pennsylvania divorce laws require you to deliver (serve) the paperwork to your spouse within 30 days after you file them. Once your spouse receives the papers, they will need to sign the Acceptance of Service form
- File proof of service—You will need to file a copy of the Acceptance of Service form and Verification with the county clerk
- Sign and file the papers—To complete the final step of Cameron County divorce:
- Sign a copy of the Affidavit of Consent
- Mail another copy to your spouse
- File both documents and Precipe to Transmit Record, Final Decree of Divorce, and both copies of the affidavit at the Court of Common Pleas
A crucial document for filing an uncontested divorce in Cameron county is the marital settlement agreement. It outlines the terms on which you’re getting divorced. To get one, you will need to hire a lawyer and be charged with unnecessarily high fees. If you don’t want to break the bank to get the agreement, use DoNotPay!
We can draw up a divorce settlement agreement that follows all Pennsylvania state laws. To get one, all you have to do is:
- Sign up for DoNotPay
- Select the Divorce Settlement Agreement product
- Give us details about your spouse, income, assets, and children (if any)
- Opt for online notarization
We will generate an agreement for you in no time and connect you with an online notary. You can sign the divorce settlement agreement via an audio-video call!
If you need more help with divorces, check out DoNotPay’s learning center! We have various handy articles that answer popular questions, such as:
- What are online divorces, and can you get divorced online in PA?
- What’s the average cost of a divorce?
- How long does a divorce take in PA?
- Does it matter who files for divorce first?
Tired of brainstorming the easiest way to deal with administrative issues? We know how you feel, and we’re here to take the burden off your back!
Once you subscribe to our app, you’ll be able to resolve an abundance of bureaucratic issues with ease.
Taking a valid passport photo, reporting workplace discrimination, reducing property taxes, preparing for a government test, applying for a college fee waiver, and appealing a parking ticket are some of the many tasks we assist you with.
Are you dissatisfied with a certain company and/or its products? You don’t have to stay quiet! Use DoNotPay to file your insurance, warranty, or missing/late parcel claim effortlessly! We’ll also show you how to request an item return in a few steps.