How to Connect With an Inmate at Calipatria State Prison
Of the millions of people incarcerated in the United States, many of the loved ones trying to contact them find trouble doing so every day. From complicated rules around mailing letters to outrageous fees for phone calls, there are many barriers that make connecting with an inmate difficult.
The mail policies at Calipatria State Prison are excessive and strict. There are many reasons why your letter to an inmate might be returned or rejected, a detailed list of which can be found here. Fortunately, there is a way to avoid having your letter rejected. Contacting your loved one is now easier than ever with the help of DoNotPay.
About Calipatria State Prison
Calipatria State Prison is a male-only state prison located in Calipatria, CA. The current warden is Warren Montgomery. Calipatria State Prison is a minimum-maximum security class prison with a total of 2,935 prisoners as of early 2020.
Inmates at Calipatria State Prison can be contacted in a few different ways. You can contact an inmate by phone, visit in person or through video chat, and also by mail. Inmates can be sent letters, legal mail, and funds to different PO boxes.
How to Contact Inmates at Calipatria State Prison
There are multiple ways to contact an inmate at Calipatria State Prison. They include:
Visiting or Contacting The Main Institution:
|Physical Address||7018 Blair Road
Calipatria, CA 92233
|Institution Phone Number||1-760-348-7000 extension 5716|
|Visitor Information Line||1-800-374-8474|
|Institution Mailing Address||PO Box 5001
Calipatria, CA 92233-5001
- Visitation hours are between 9 AM and 3 PM on Saturday and Sunday. In-person visits are based on availability. The California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation website offers more information on current visitation policies, as well as regular updates on policy changes.
- Calipatria State Prison allows outgoing phone calls from inmates only. California has one of the lowest rates for inmate calls after the prices were drastically cut by California state prisons. The rates for inmate calls at Calipatria State Prison are $0.025 per minute or $0.375 per 15-minute phone call. There are no additional fees for out-of-state phone calls. International phone calls cost $0.07 per minute with no surcharge.
Contacting Inmates by Mail:
|Legal Mail||PO Box 5002
Calipatria, CA 92233-5002
|Inmate Funds||PO Box 5003
Calipatria, CA 92233-5003
|Facility A||PO Box 5004
Calipatria, CA 92233-5004
|Facility B||PO Box 5005
Calipatria, CA 92233-5005
|Facility C||PO Box 5006
Calipatria, CA 92233-5006
|Facility D||PO Box 5007
Calipatria, CA 92233-5007
|MSF/FH/ASU||PO Box 5008
Calipatria, CA 92233-5008
Before sending mail to an inmate, it's important to fully understand Calipatria State Prison mail policies to avoid delays in your correspondence or potentially having your mail rejected. For your loved one to receive your letter, your mail must include:
- The correct inmate name
- The inmate prison CDCR number
- The correct PO box number and zip code
Unfortunately, even if you feel you have addressed your mail correctly, there are many reasons why your letter could still be rejected, such as using the incorrect type of envelope or paper. To avoid delays in contacting an inmate, DoNotPay can help you easily and successfully connect with your loved one using our Connect With An Inmate product. There are just a few simple steps for you to follow, and we will take care of the rest.
DoNotPay Can Help
If you need help contacting an inmate, DoNotPay has a product that can help you. These simple steps can get you started:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPayDo?
In addition to helping you connect with an inmate, DoNotPay offers products and services for many everyday issues. Just go to our website, enter your keyword and see what services we can provide. A few of our products can help you:
- Deal with credit card issues
- Protect your work from copyright infringement
- Sign up for services without phone verification
- Find unclaimed money
- Cancel subscriptions
- Get to the front of a phone queue
- Get compensation for robocalls
- Sign up for free trials
- Fight spam mail
- Stop spam texts
- Sue anyone in small claims court
- Fight parking tickets
- Get help with unpaid bills
- Protect yourself from harassment
- Get refunds and chargebacks
- Schedule a DMV appointment
- Getting refunds on canceled flights
Sign up for DoNotPay today and learn which of our services can help you.