How to Connect With an Inmate in California State Prison Solano
There are currently more people in the California State Prison Solano than the facility is meant to hold. According to Prison Insight, CSP Solano was built in 1984 with an original design meant to hold only 2,610 inmates — and yet its capacity is actually at more than 3,500.
If you have a loved one in California State Prison Solano, here's what you can do.
You can visit an inmate on Saturdays, Sundays, and holidays. You will wait in what is called a Friendship House (safe outside visitor center) before meeting with your loved one at an approved time. In the meantime, you may also write a letter or become a prison pen pal until the next visitation.
When handling letters, it can be stressful to make sure you're following all the guidelines for writing a prisoner in CSP Solano. However, you don't have to do it alone. You can craft your message in DoNotPay digitally, and we'll send a physical copy for you. Better yet, we also offer the option to receive letters and make them digital for you as well.
Where California State Prison Solano has Located
The physical address of California State Prison Solano is 2100 Peabody Road, Vacaville, CA 95687. If you're unsure how to get to the location or need additional information about visitation, you can call the California Department of Corrections and Rehabilitation (CDCR) at 1-800-374-8474 for guidance.
For directions, you will reach a recording that will give you a complete overview of getting there. A pen and paper should be handy for note-taking if you need it.
Facility Mailing Address and Contact Information
On the other hand, you will deliver it to a different address if you just want to send mail to the prison. Here is some information you may need to contact the jail or send mail:
|Warden Name||Giselle 'Gigi' Matteson|
|Mailing Address||P. O. Box 4000, Vacaville, CA 95696-4000|
|Phone Number for an inmate||CSP Solano goes through the Department of General Services (DGS) Inmate/Ward Telephone System (IWTS) for inmate calls. To set up an account and connect with your loved one, go to ConnectNetwork GTL.|
How You Can Contact an Inmate at California State Prison Solano on Your Own
There are four ways to contact an inmate in California State Prison Solano:
- Mail (i.e., letters)
- Phone Calls
If you choose to write a letter, you will need the mailing address we previously mentioned, the inmate's name and CDC number, and the prison name. For instance, addressing a letter to an inmate in CSP Solano would look like this:
California State Prison, Solano
Inmate's name and CDC number
PO Box 4000
Vacaville, CA 95696-4000
Make sure you follow the rules given by the facility for mail and packages. For instance, nudes and potentially sharp objects are not allowed. If you opt for emailing your loved one, you may sign up for a JPay email on the website to stay in contact. You can find more information about that at jpay.com.
Contact Inmates at California State Prison Solano With DoNotPay
To make communication with loved ones in the California State Prison Solano, DoNotPay created a product that allows you to:
- Locate inmates
- Send letters
- Receive letters
To take advantage of this easy-to-use service, you just have to follow these five steps:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
Use DoNotPay for More Than Connecting With CSPS Inmates
At DoNotPay, we understand how important it is to stay connected with your loved ones at California State Prison Solano — or any prison/jail, for that matter. Our Connect With an Inmate product is the perfect way to stay in contact while following the many prison rules put in place to keep everyone safe.
Check out other products we offer to get the most out of your experience with our platform:
- Renew your car's registration before going on visitation.
- If you have to fly to visit your loved one, you can claim compensation for your flight or even flight baggage fees.
- As for letters not addressed to your loved one in prison, we also have a feature for mailing services to help you write friends and family without any hassles.