Easy Way to Connect With an Inmate at California Correctional Institution
The California Correctional Institution is located in the west of Tehachapi and is also known as Tehachapi prison. It was established in 1933 as a correctional facility for females but was later closed in 1952 due to the devastation of a natural disaster. It was later reopened in 1954 as a correctional facility for male offenders. Although this facility was designed to host around 2783 inmates, it currently hosts more than 3,200 convicts.
California Correctional Institution Contact Information
The California Correctional Institution is situated in the Cummings Valley, west of Tehachapi, Southern California. This facility is located on 1650 acres of land, and you can use Google Maps to get directions if you are driving.
|Physical Address||California Correctional Institution
24900 Highway 202
Tehachapi, CA 93561
|Phone Number||(661) 822-4402|
|Reception Center||PO Box 1905
Tehachapi, CA 93581-5905
How to Contact Inmates at California Correctional Institution
If your loved ones are being held at California correctional institution, you can contact them through the following methods:
You cannot place incoming calls to reach a convict at the California correctional institution, but they can call you. Inmates have access to phones during the day. Typically, the CDCR uses the ward telephone system and the Department of general services to collect both international and domestic phone calls to the convicts.
You can contact a loved one or prison pen pal at California correctional institution by sending them letters. Here are some tips for addressing the mail to a convict correctly. Be sure to include the institution's name, the name of the convict, and the CDCR number.
- Facility A, P.O. Box 1902, Tehachapi, CA 93581
- Facility B, P.O. Box 1906, Tehachapi, CA 93581
- Facility C, P.O. Box 1905, Tehachapi, CA 93581
- Facility D, P.O. Box 608, Tehachapi, CA 93581
- Facility E, P.O. Box 107, Tehachapi, CA 93581
Approved visitors are allowed to see an inmate in person at the California correctional institution on Saturdays, Sundays, and select holidays. Visits are scheduled between 7:30 a.m. and 3 p.m.
Before you visit, you'll need to get approval for you to visit an inmate in the California Correctional Facility by completing a visitor questionnaire. Keep in mind that this questionnaire can only be sent to you by the prisoner after signing it. This is done to ensure that the convict agrees that you can be added to his visiting list.
How to Send Money to California Correctional Institution Inmates
Before sending money to a convict at the Tehachapi prison, it is advisable to first look for the convict's CDCR number. Then, you can send the money using the following methods:
- Electronic funds transfer (EFT)
- Mail the money directly to the correctional institution using the following mailing address:
California Correctional Institution
PO Box 1031
Tehachapi, CA 93581-1031
How to Send Packages to California Correctional Institution Inmates
Inmates at California Correctional Institution are allowed to receive packages that contain things like newspapers, magazines, or books. The packages must be sent from approved vendors such as Amazon or Barnes and Noble.
Steps to Take Before Calling or Writing to a Prisoner
Before writing to an inmate or accepting phone calls from the convict, you should first know where they are located. Do the following:
- Open the Connect With an Inmate feature on the DONotPay application or website.
- Choose the Locate Someone feature
- Provide the name of the convict and the state
- Send the request
DoNotPay will search for the location of the convict and provide it to you within seconds.
Difficulties You May Have Contacting Loved One in California Correctional Institution
When you are trying to contact your loved one in the California correctional institution, you may encounter the following difficulties:
- High calling rates, especially if they are Intrastate calls.
- Problems writing letters using the Tehachapi prison regulations.
Get in Touch With Your Loved Ones via DoNotPay
Considering the restrictions in a California correctional institution, communicating with your loved one can be challenging. Fortunately, DoNotPay can help you communicate with your loved one regardless of your location. Here is how you can write to your loved one using the DoNotPay application or website.
- Open the prison product on the DoNotPay application or website.
- Enter the required details of the convict, such as the name of the offender, the facility, and the identity number. The prison product contains tips on how to enter these details.
- Write your message directly using the DoNotPay website or application. In case you already have a written document, there is an option to attach written documents.
- Upload any picture that you may want to send with the letter.
- In case you have problems writing a letter that follows the California Correctional Institution regulations, you can use one of the customized letter templates in the DoNotPay prison product.
- The prison product feature will help to instantly print and send your message once you have completed it.
DoNotPay Can Help You Locate Your Imprisoned Friend
It is a nightmare to have your loved ones imprisoned, but you can't locate in which correctional institution they are being held. Fortunately, whether your loved ones are being held in County, state, federal, or ICE detention centers, DoNotPay can help you locate them. Follow the simple steps below to locate your loved ones:
- Locate the Connect With an Inmate service on DoNotPay.
- Choose whether you want to locate a loved one, create a virtual mailbox, or send a personalized letter.
- If you want us to find your loved one, provide his or her personal details and the state they are located in. We'll then conduct a search on the appropriate state database.
- If you want to create a virtual mailbox, just provide your full name! We'll set one up for you so you can easily receive incoming mail from your loved one.
- If sending a personalized letter, tell us which facility your loved one is located in and what you would like to say to them. You can even include a photo! Your letter will be delivered automatically - just wait 10 days for it to arrive to your loved one!
What Else Can DoNotPay Do?
Apart from helping you locate and write to your loved one in California correctional facility, DoNotPay can also help you to:
- Protect yourself from harassment
- Schedule a DMV appointment
- Stop text spam
- Sign up for services without phone verification
Don't stress about how you will contact your kin who are held at California Correctional Institution; DoNotPay will help you connect with them. Try it out!